Sep 26 2013
By: GHOST_STALKER23 Wastelander 568 posts

Be Nice Be Nice!!!!

62 replies 713 views Edited Sep 26, 2013

Hi Guys!!! this is my second time creating a thread so please bear with me again thanks.Smiley Happy

Have you ever experience being nice to a newbie only to be trolled upon by said newbie?

I for one experienced this with a newcomer to home, I helped this newbie get free stuff and instead of saying "thank you" he drop the F bomb on me and called me Beach (had to change the spelling, but you get what I mean) Just because I wouldn't go to his personal space and have a webcam conversation with him!!!

Please Give your comments and thoughts.

Work Hard Play Hard!!!

GHOST_STALKER23 / @Gamergirlamber
Facebook: Amber Gonzales
PSTalent.com
Message 1 of 63 (713 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Be Nice Be Nice!!!!

Sep 26, 2013

Plenty of times. Even with people who aren't newbies. People who want help have to really show respect if someone takes their time out to help them.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 63 (702 Views)
Wastelander
568 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Thats what I dont get with some people coming to home. They leave their manners and decency behind!!!
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

PSTalent.com
Message 3 of 63 (690 Views)
I Only Post Everything
446 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Manners?? What are those??  I heard Rumor they exist...kinda like rumor home is going to be ported to the ps4.

But yes GHOST, Manyyyy a time (and to this day) I will attempt to help any and all that ask...however as of late my jadedness hinders said actions. Too many times have I taken younger, or just those new to pshome under my Parental Virtual wing only for them to pluck my feathers off and sell my wing to hooters.

But alas it only takes those couple that are actually appreciate to make it all peaches and cream again.

bob-maul wrote:
It was like me trying to prove Half Life 3's existence by finding three bananas in my fruit bowl.
Message 4 of 63 (677 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

GHOST_STALKER23 wrote:
Thats what I dont get with some people coming to home. They leave their manners and decency behind!!!

It's easier to be rude when you're behind a keyboard and not with that person or persons like you are in real life. It's simply the way the internet is sadly. Best thing to do with those who are not nice is to ignore them. They really can't get their kicks if they are forced to talk to themselves. 

Someone who is making friends in order to cam with them is best deleted from your list. If they delete you they are doing you a favor. one

Message 5 of 63 (670 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Sep 26, 2013

We can't paint all new people with the same brush (or whatever that old expression is), because we run into a Troll now and then and then again.

Sure, it's nice to get thanks for helping someone. Be assured, that for as many people who are mean and cranky, there are more, who will be grateful for your help, and will tell you so. You are a good person for helping someone; especially new members. Great work Smiley Happy

Oh, and in the " Home on PS4 " Thread, I mentioned my thoughts on the subject, including some ideas of mine.

* Spoiler *

which includes a Racetrack, which will not have horses or dolphies, but will have the trolls, and meanies from PS3 Home, running the course like Dogs Smiley Happy

Karma, baby. It all comes down to Karma.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 6 of 63 (660 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Hmm... nope. No, can't say as I've had this experience. Everyone is always polite and friendly, showing appreciation for even the smallest favor..... Oh wait, never mind. That was this one dream I had. Yeah, a lot of people are jerks. Welcome to the internet! Also, welcome to the forums. I've enjoyed your posts, so far. It's understandable that you would be gun shy at first. It can get... (what's the word... hectic?) around here, but I hope you stick around. Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 63 (649 Views)
Wastelander
568 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks Lil_The_Phil!! It makes me happy to help new comers to home I'm just returning the favor, because once I was just like them a newbie and I met a lot of nice people who help me too in my noob days!!!Smiley Happy
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

PSTalent.com
Message 8 of 63 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks JulianMatisse!!!! I'm glad to be here to share my thoughts with you guys.Smiley Happy
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

PSTalent.com
Message 9 of 63 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Woops I got your name wrong!!! its Lil_The_Pill not Lil_The_Phil my apologies!
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

PSTalent.com
Message 10 of 63 (609 Views)