Wastelander
758 posts

Re: Batcave Outpost: How to unlock and pics

Aug 26, 2009

Gravitative wrote:

Sorry, I was not trying to respond exclusively to you or your one message. I did not intend to get you in such a huff. 

CommanderWiiii wrote:
don't understand why people like you tend to say things that I never said in my post. I don't understand why people like you assume things when you don't have any evidence.

Lets start with your first paragraph, where do you find that I asked "what is the point of having Batman AA's home bonus material?" Do you seriously see that anywhere? If you have a little bit of sense, the answer is no.

My point was that they put it there solely to get people interested in the game. It is something completely separate from the game that is designed to get people to buy the game, pure and simple. It's no more sad for this marketing ploy to succeed in getting people interested than it is for the Cole costume or the inFamous space or any other themed Home location to succeed. Getting people to try out games is one of the biggest purposes of Home.

The second paragraph proves nothing about me at all. Since when have I ever said about me wanting to brag to everyone else that I have the batcave apartment? If you read my post carefully again, you will truly see my point; that whoever would buy or rent this game for the ONLY sole purpose of getting the Home material from the disk and not the game itself (which IMO is awsome) is very sad which in your third paragraph shows clearly that you are one of those people and that is why you replied to me. Also on the third paragraph, just to clear it up to you, Batman AA has some high rating, don't believe me? check out the websites for yourself.

Wanting one thing (that you may or may not want) is not sad. Not wanting to play a certain game is not sad. You're confusing the two. If someone doesn't like the game or that kind of game but wants the reward, what's sad about that? People don't have to like the same things as you or like two things that are bundled together just to not be sad. You've just tried to say it was "sad" a bunch of times--whatever that is supposed to mean. The stuff about elitism wasn't directed at you. I thought it would have been obvious that it wasn't, since you didn't say anything related to that. I suppose I should have been clearer.

Your fourth paragraph was very interesting to read, idk where you came up with the platinum trophy talk, but who ever said that the apartment should of been given if one gets the platinum trophy for the game? How do you know that Batman AA will be in your own words, "bad/boring/repetitive/hard/frustrating game" if this was the case to earn the Home material? The fourth paragraph shows that you are lazy and/ or impatient and you want everything given from the beggining.

Other people said things about platinum trophies. You're still assuming that everything was directed toward you, despite the evidence to the contrary. I was speaking generally about games with rewards being any one of those undesirable things; I thought this would be obvious too. My point was that it would be unfortunate to grind through an awful game just to get a marketing reward, rather than getting a reward to give it a chance (and not buy it if you don't like it).

The fifth paragraph is so unnacurate, idk if I should laugh at that or at you. Tell me, how do you know based on what you said? How do you know for sure that Batman AA would be a failure just because the Home material was not given right at the start?

I didn't say that Batman AA would be a failure based on anything to do with the apartment. I was clearly referring to the apartment being a commercial success. You are attributing a pronoun to something that was clearly not in the paragraph and which wouldn't fit into the sentence properly. My point was that the apartment, regardless of its difficulty to get, would only be a failure if it didn't encourage people to try out the game by itself. It's designed to make people want to try out the game (or want to even more).

Now the sixth paragraph is where I see some sense comes to make here, maybe the Home should be a bit easier to earn say maybe by completing the game on harder difficulty? Or is that a bit too "bad/boring/repetitive/hard/frustrating" for your tastes? Oh and no one doesn't have to lose sleep over some Home items when they can take some good rest and try again the next day, that is just another lazy excuse.

"Lose sleep over" was not to be taken literally, clearly. I was just speaking about general frustration earning over many Home rewards.

Thank you for making this so easy.

It's easy for some to ignore the details and context and instead read what they want to read.

If you were trying not to respond to me exclusively and my post, then it would of been obvious to not quote me at all or quote a portion of where you are responding to me and then make your generalization to the people here. That way I'll know for sure that you weren't directing everything you said towards me, in other words be very clear.

For your first and second paragraph, there is a HUGE difference between having people to be interested in inFamous by playing a demo and being interested in Batman AA by renting or buying it based on their Home material. Downloading and Playing the Demo for inFamous and to earn the Cole costume is for FREE on PSN. For Batman AA's apartment, one must pay up with money, either renting it or buying it. Some where willing to pay up ONLY to get this apartment and are not interested in the game, that my friend is sad or to make you understand better, pathetic. Why is that you might ask? Well, for those who are only renting the game, it doesn't look like Eidos And Rocksteady are getting the sales they deserve for making such a great game now does it? A game that also has had great reviews? Now those who are buying the game ONLY for the Home apartment just wasted maybe what? 40, 60 bucks for the game? Or should I say the apartment because that is what they only wanted? Do you if you still don't get it then its really not worth responding again.

Message 91 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3183 posts

Aug 26, 2009
theres a glitch in the batcave i spawned under the steps its weird
Message 92 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

Aug 26, 2009
If there is a god, we'll get Batman clothes. At the very LEAST a t-shirt with the symbol on it. Hopefully, a full suit. And if that happens, it's NEVER coming off.
Message 93 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3183 posts

Aug 26, 2009

silverthehedgeh wrote:
and im able to walk around to
Message 94 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 26, 2009

CommanderWiiii wrote:

For your first and second paragraph, there is a HUGE difference between having people to be interested in inFamous by playing a demo and being interested in Batman AA by renting or buying it based on their Home material. Downloading and Playing the Demo for inFamous and to earn the Cole costume is for FREE on PSN. For Batman AA's apartment, one must pay up with money, either renting it or buying it.

For those who already have a monthly rental thing (like myself), it's more about just spending a little bit of time to swing by the game store while they are already out (or, alternatively, to stick a game back in the envelope and pick up a new one out of the mailbox). It's honestly far more advisable than purchasing new games at $60, which is three times what they will cost in not too much time.

I find playing the actual game to be far better than playing the demo, generally. If I want to keep playing past a "trail", I don't have any saves with a demo. A demo of a game I like makes me start over. A demo of a game I do not like just wastes my time. Time is a valuable thing, not just money.

People pay money for apartments on home all the time though. I find nothing "sad" or "pathetic" about that. They're buying things that they want. In many people's cases, they wouldn't have tried out this game or rushed to rent or buy it if not for the Home reward.

You're trying to insult people for buying what they want, and you want the same things. That's really kind of silly.  The only thing that I would recommend people do is to not buy the game for $60. They can instead get a month of various game rentals plus the Batman game when it goes down in price (if they decide they even want it after renting it) and still have money left over.

Would it be fair for me to say that it is "sad" that people get suckered into paying three times the price for a game just because they don't have patience? Well, I don't do it myself, but if someone else gets $40 more worth of enjoyment out of their immediate satisfaction, then I'd just let them do it.

I wouldn't get on an internet forum and try to sound elitist over people having different desires that do nothing to harm me or anyone else. That's rude and "pathetic".

Message 95 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Aug 26, 2009

Gravitative wrote:

CommanderWiiii wrote:

For your first and second paragraph, there is a HUGE difference between having people to be interested in inFamous by playing a demo and being interested in Batman AA by renting or buying it based on their Home material. Downloading and Playing the Demo for inFamous and to earn the Cole costume is for FREE on PSN. For Batman AA's apartment, one must pay up with money, either renting it or buying it.

For those who already have a monthly rental thing (like myself), it's more about just spending a little bit of time to swing by the game store while they are already out (or, alternatively, to stick a game back in the envelope and pick up a new one out of the mailbox). It's honestly far more advisable than purchasing new games at $60, which is three times what they will cost in not too much time.

I find playing the actual game to be far better than playing the demo, generally. If I want to keep playing past a "trail", I don't have any saves with a demo. A demo of a game I like makes me start over. A demo of a game I do not like just wastes my time. Time is a valuable thing, not just money.

People pay money for apartments on home all the time though. I find nothing "sad" or "pathetic" about that. They're buying things that they want. In many people's cases, they wouldn't have tried out this game or rushed to rent or buy it if not for the Home reward.

You're trying to insult people for buying what they want, and you want the same things. That's really kind of silly.  The only thing that I would recommend people do is to not buy the game for $60. They can instead get a month of various game rentals plus the Batman game when it goes down in price (if they decide they even want it after renting it) and still have money left over.

Would it be fair for me to say that it is "sad" that people get suckered into paying three times the price for a game just because they don't have patience? Well, I don't do it myself, but if someone else gets $40 more worth of enjoyment out of their immediate satisfaction, then I'd just let them do it.

I wouldn't get on an internet forum and try to sound elitist over people having different desires that do nothing to harm me or anyone else. That's rude and "pathetic".

Very predictable of you, regardless of having a monthly rental membership, it still stands that you have spent money which again shows the difference between getting the Cole Costume from the inFamous demo and spending money just to get the batcave apartment from Batman AA, I knew you would respond like this. Your second paragraph makes no sense to my response so that one is irrelivent.

Your third paragraph is where I know you are misunderstanding my true point of view, I never said anything being sad or pathetic about people paying for apartments in Home all the time. That is fine because Sony is intending to sell these apartments obviously, so idk why you have to bring in words that I never typed myself, quite assuming so much. Also, that last sentence on the third paragraph is not solid enough to prove that that is correct, again, stop assuming things.

For the fourth paragraph, I'm not insulting anyone,nor was i trying, I'm stating an observation that shows me how conditional people can be, it is sad and pathetic that people go for the game just for the apartment, so if someone spends their money to rent it just for the apartment and not for the game itself, that easily shows how stupid one looks. This is even worse in the case if someone spent much more money buying the game just for the apartment and does not even bother with even playing the game at all, that is what makes it pathetic, if you feel offended by that, then idk what to say really.

Your fourth paragraph again shows how you misinterpret me once again. I want the game because I been interested and wanted the GAME itself for months, not the Home apartment, that was a bonus that was cool to hear when I found out a couple of weeks before release, but not the reason I wanted Batman AA to begin with. This exaplins further why it is sad and pathetic for those who are spending their money renting and buying the game JUST for the apartment.

your fifth paragraph is very unclear, you said, "Would it be fair for me to say that it is "sad" that people get suckered into paying three times the price for a game just because they don't have patience?" First of all, patience of what? patience of finishing the game? Buying it before retail, what do you mean?You are not making it clear as to what you are asking.

Instead of telling what you wouldn't do in a forum, you should read more carfully before posting a response.

Message 96 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Aug 26, 2009
does anyone know why home wont give me the batcave? i bought the game i'm more than 30% through the game. i exit the game and sign into home and still nothing. any help would be appreciated.
Message 97 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 26, 2009

Gravitative wrote:

CommanderWiiii wrote:

So many of you will be either renting or buying Batman AA just for the apartment?

Very... very sad.

Eidos did it wrong.

Why do you think they put it in there? They want people to be interested in the game, and (even with some only renting the game for the apartment) more people are supporting it and giving it a chance than would otherwise. How many people support the average movie or comic tie-in game? In all honesty, they usually aren't good.

I think it's unfortunate that some people want the rewards to be so much more exclusive. They want to be the only ones who have them. Why? So that they can brag to everyone else? So that they can feel special? I like getting nice things, but I don't get enjoyment out of other people not getting them. That seems awfully egotistical--maybe even sadistic.

Unless this game got a very high rating on gaming sites, I probably would have never tried it out. I have a monthly rental thing with Blockbuster and it still probably wouldn't have been a blip on my radar screen. Given that I get a free reward just for popping it in, I will definitely try it out.

I'm very glad that the apartment isn't given for getting platinum. I don't have scream and grunt at the computer screen trying to get platinum in a bad/boring/repetitive/hard/frustrating game (as I am currently doing with Prototype--that's one annoyingly hard Platinum to earn). If I like the game, I'll play through it (maybe even try for platinum). However, I really doubt that I will try to get through a very hard/annoying game just for a reward. It wasn't worth it for Street Fighters, but I would have been frustrated if the reward there was a nice Street Fighters costume for Home or something.

This apartment will give them at least some marketing success and it's great for Home users. It would only be a failure if there were not more people who wanted it enough to try out the game (which would be more the case if it were given for platinum).

I think more platinum rewards should give people things in-game, rewarding people who like the game with more content... but Home rewards should be somewhat easier to get so that people lose less sleep over them (R2 Hoodie, Trash Monster Trophy, most of the Street Fighter shirts)...

I rented the game just for the apartment. This game wasn't on my radar for purchase, and I rarely rent games. I'll give the game a go this weekend when I have more time. I've played through the first few check points and am not sure whether or not it's my cup of tea just yet.

It's a rental they would not have gotten without the home reward. It's a great marketing strategy and one which will pay off more and more as the home community grows. It will also serve to encourage developers to include more bonus content, develop game spaces, and provide clothing and other items for the home community.

It is certainly a win win for Sony and the developers of the game. The more developer support we get the better. Sony is providing the platform, it's the dev's that will make the difference in the service over the long haul.

Message 98 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 27, 2009

CommanderWiiii, you miss the point entirely.

You want the apartment, and they do too.

They may not want the game, but they are willing to pay for the apartment (just like they are willing to pay for other apartments).

You have done nothing to explain why it is sad for people to pay for things that they want. You'd have to say that paying for other apartments is sad too if you did that.

You fundamentally seem to misunderstand all of the logic here, and you merely insist on saying "it's sad" without grounding it. I'm done with trying to explain.

They're getting what they want for a price they are willing to pay. The end.

Message 99 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1190 posts

Sep 1, 2009

silverthehedgeh wrote:

silverthehedgeh wrote:
and im able to walk around to

good to know i'm not the only one this happened to. it only happened to me once so far
Message 100 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes