Jan 16 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Ban the word Troll in Forum and Home

89 replies 807 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

I am sick and tired of everybody who thinks somehow they are better than others calling other people trolls.  If you dont agree with someone that doesnt give you the right to call them a troll.  And for all you people who have been around for years and think you are god's gift to other forum users guess what you are sadly mistaken.  The forum would go on just as well without you.  Your no better than anyone and frankly I am tired of your attitude.  They should abolish the post counts because it has obviously gone to some people's heads.  The word troll also has a racist origin that few people are aware of or perhaps they would not throw it around so much.  Home is a place for everyone regardless of race, creed, sexual preferences and whatever else.   Troll is a hate word just as pernicious as any other form of prejudice and it needs to end now in Home and especially in this forum.  It needs to be replaced with asterisks just like all the other obscene and hateful words.

Message 1 of 90 (807 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Ban the word Troll in Forum and Home

Jan 16, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I am sick and tired of everybody who thinks somehow they are better than others calling other people trolls.  If you dont agree with someone that doesnt give you the right to call them a troll.  And for all you people who have been around for years and think you are god's gift to other forum users guess what you are sadly mistaken.  The forum would go on just as well without you.  Your no better than anyone and frankly I am tired of your attitude.  They should abolish the post counts because it has obviously gone to some people's heads.  The word troll also has a racist origin that few people are aware of or perhaps they would not throw it around so much.  Home is a place for everyone regardless of race, creed, sexual preferences and whatever else.   Troll is a hate word just as pernicious as any other form of prejudice and it needs to end now in Home and especially in this forum.  It needs to be replaced with asterisks just like all the other obscene and hateful words.

Message 2 of 90 (796 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Perhaps we need a troll abolition committee?

Oh wait I think we do already. It's called moderation. If there is a post that one doesn't agree with there is something called the report abuse button.

Use it! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 90 (773 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Oh wait I think we do already. It's called moderation. If there is a post that one doesn't agree with there is something called the report abuse button.

Use it! Smiley Happy

Oh I did JoSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 90 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 16, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I am sick and tired of everybody who thinks somehow they are better than others calling other people trolls.  If you don't agree with someone that doesn't give you the right to call them a troll.  And for all you people who have been around for years and think you are god's gift to other forum users guess what you are sadly mistaken.  The forum would go on just as well without you.  Your no better than anyone and frankly I am tired of your attitude.  They should abolish the post counts because it has obviously gone to some people's heads.  The word troll also has a racist origin that few people are aware of or perhaps they would not throw it around so much.  Home is a place for everyone regardless of race, creed, sexual preferences and whatever else.   Troll is a hate word just as pernicious as any other form of prejudice and it needs to end now in Home and especially in this forum.  It needs to be replaced with asterisks just like all the other obscene and hateful words.

According to the Rules Of Conduct

• Troll, flame or be offensive: We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

Of course we could always call such people criminals if that somehow changed anything.... Although I think then you would still be offended for the same reason you are now.

Message 5 of 90 (731 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 16, 2013

The same old "do as I say but not as I do" philosophy alive and well I can see.  And so predictable.

Message 6 of 90 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Is there anything you don't whine about?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 90 (705 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Use it! Smiley Happy

Troll.    Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 90 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Aren't you a troll though?

Message 9 of 90 (655 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Another thing I have noticed is people from other forums which will remain nameless coming and knocking this forum and bragging about how they no longer use this one but dont mind coming around occasionally to knock us here and then go back to their ivory towers. Or the other refrain " this forum used to be good but no longer".   At least I am loyal to this forum .  This is the official forum and the best one. And lets face it if everyone who is going on about rules of conduct obeyed them themselves I would be willing to admit that miracles do indeed exist.

Message 10 of 90 (643 Views)
0 Likes