Message 41 of 90 (285 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Re: Ban the word Troll in Forum and Home

Jan 17, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

MRswaghappy wrote:

The OP must be the biggest whinger on these fourms or any fourms for that matter

"biggest whinger"    I think you mean "whiner" .    I try and make up for my shortcomings with my impeccable spelling lol.

Whinge, whinging, whinges, whinger - all words. You may not use them, but they are actually words. 

Message 42 of 90 (269 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I give this thread two thumbs way down because of the opener's forum history and hypocrisy in the past.

sword-art-online
Message 43 of 90 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Jan 17, 2013

how about instead of banning the word troll, we ban the people who are acting as such?  banning the word would do absolutely nothing but make way for another word to takes its place and the cycle will continue

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 44 of 90 (250 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jan 17, 2013

What I don't get is why some users get all research happy and dig up either Factual or Fictional stories to back up they're points when no one actually cares about the stories behind such things. The word TROLL will be here forever, There also will be TROLLING forever. You wanna know why, Because not everyone's views and ideas and opinions will match up with everyone else's, Example, There's a guy with a monkey and the guy has trained the monkey to dance for quarters, One person walks up and says "That's awesome" and right as he says that another person says "That's stupid". There wouldn't be trolling if everyone's views and opinions were the same, But that's highly doubtable to ever happen. 

Home has its own CIA, Didn't you know? .....Contradiction,Ignorance,Assumption.
Everyone is a lunatic its just when will they break from the asylum, I have.
Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.
Message 45 of 90 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 17, 2013

LittleTortuga wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

MRswaghappy wrote:

The OP must be the biggest whinger on these fourms or any fourms for that matter

"biggest whinger"    I think you mean "whiner" .    I try and make up for my shortcomings with my impeccable spelling lol.

Whinge, whinging, whinges, whinger - all words. You may not use them, but they are actually words. 

OK whinger is better than whiner- ill take it.          now is fourms a word too?  Must be scrabble players.  Here is a cyber gold star for your diligence.

Message 46 of 90 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Jan 17, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

LittleTortuga wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

MRswaghappy wrote:

"biggest whinger"    I think you mean "whiner" .    I try and make up for my shortcomings with my impeccable spelling lol.

OK whinger is better than whiner- ill take it.          now is fourms a word too?  Must be scrabble players.  Here is a cyber gold star for your diligence.

Thanks! I'll put it on my achievement board.

It's funny, in your op you said "Your no better than anyone and frankly I am tired of your attitude". Yet, there you are trying to put down another user. Bravo! 

Message 47 of 90 (193 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 17, 2013

LittleTortuga wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

LittleTortuga wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

MRswaghappy wrote:

"biggest whinger"    I think you mean "whiner" .    I try and make up for my shortcomings with my impeccable spelling lol.

Thanks! I'll put it on my achievement board.

It's funny, in your op you said "Your no better than anyone and frankly I am tired of your attitude". Yet, there you are trying to put down another user. Bravo! 

Yes, I got lazy and instead of you're I said your.  I didn't think anyone would catch it lol.  Busted.  Gave you a kudo.  Congratulations.

Message 48 of 90 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

:^/ On message boards, trolling is posting with the purpose of creating controversy, or getting everyone all worked up and offended. Speaking one's mind strongly is not trolling.

I agree with the thought that the term, along with many others, gets tossed about too freely. However, banning the vocabulary flies in the face of everything we should hold sacred. After all, what is the First Amendment's freedom of speech about, if we're free to strike out from our neighbors' vocabulary any words we don't like? What's left? The right of the people to agree with the majority? The right to agree with the government? Translate that as "the right of the people to agree with the powers that be," or "freedom to toe the line," and you'll see what I'm getting at.

No, the First Amendment is about freedom of dissent, pure and simple. We should not ban the word "troll," nor any other.

Message 49 of 90 (166 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jan 17, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:
 I expected a backlash but since a lot of them are the usual self-righteous know it alls who preach "do as I say not as I do" I try and not let it bother me. 

So you admit it.  You started this thread with the intent of starting discord and hostility.  Specifically certain people.  You threw bait out with the explicit purpose of getting people to bite in a hostile fashion.  The very definition of trolling.

So basically, you are a troll.  This whole thread is a troll.

Now, why do you want the word banned?  Is it because the word is really so bad, or is it because the shoe fits you so well.

If I was a thief, and everyone kept rightly calling me a thief, I would probably want the word "thief" banned as well.

Me thinks you doth protest to much.

Be One With The Game.

Message 50 of 90 (147 Views)