Aug 29 2013
By: Xuchilbara MVP Support 18928 posts

Bad HOME Welcoming =(

11 replies 475 views Edited Aug 29, 2013

From time to time I like to jump in HOME to visit the old and explore the new additions to the community. This time around, I wanted to surprise-visit a good friend.

I prepared the gateway & traversed into HOME

PS3///XMB/PlayStation Network/PlayStation Home

At the other side I found myself in limbo; I was nowhere but indeed I was somewhere. You see, on previous travels I was materialized at the common area, but this time I was left dematerialize and taken to the navigation menu to choose where to travel to.  Traveling to any area was surreal. The HOME I got to experience was spiritless, a ghost infected world at a moment in which perhaps HOME was vibrating at just the right frequency to be able to collide with a different dimension.

I've been visiting HOME since its first Beta stage and never have I experienced something like this. There was no background music nor any environmental sound effects. Other people's characters were not loading at all and those who did, did not load properly [ghosts.]  Out of the 6 places I went to, only the Dr.WHO space had background music and environmental sound effects. Only two character loaded up in this area and they were as ugly as my characters [You know, you had to wear that special alien suit] Come on, not even a single normal looking character loaded up for me Smiley Mad

After an hour, I gave up. All I wanted to do was visit a good friend not dive into technical errors and whatnot Smiley Sad

Is HOME, again, getting to bloated?

Can I get a hug; only you are capable of understanding how I currently feel Smiley Sad

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 1 of 12 (475 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5457 posts

Re: Bad HOME Welcoming =(

Aug 29, 2013

Awwwww, Xuchi. It's not always like that, it just depends on which spaces you visit. I don't understand why the avatars weren't loading for you though, sometimes it takes a while for everything to load.

Next time I'm free, I'll happily show you around Home. You know you can jump on and join me anytime Smiley Happy

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 2 of 12 (441 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Aug 29, 2013
*Hugs* I actually like being able to choose where to load first via Navigator, but sorry you were unable to get people and music to load in the spaces you visited. Hope this doesn't discourage you from trying again sometime!

Message 3 of 12 (437 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Did you clear caches?

Did you Delete and Reinstall Home?

Is it your Internet Connection?

Did you regulary wait till it finishs load the space up and everything else (at least 5 minutes or more)

Did you check your TV Volume?

or something like that.

Also do you mean the Silences (Silence will fall)

Message 4 of 12 (389 Views)
Fender Bender
3315 posts

Aug 29, 2013

<HUGZ>

Sorry you didn't like the "spawn in navigator". It's something the community actually asked for. Cat Frustrated

Usually when avatar and music take a long time to load is when there's a lot of people at the instance. But yeah, there is a lot of wait as new places become more and more "technically advance". 

Next time you want to visit us. Feel free to send me a FR if you don't have any friends on Home. I'll be happy to show you around.

... As long as it's not in normal week days work hours Smiley Wink

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 5 of 12 (367 Views)
Fender Bender
1571 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

If you have not been on Home for awhile it is best to start at your Harbor apartment space. Then via navigator download spaces you would like to go to using the triangle controller key.

Once the spaces are fully downloaded you will get a notification. Now you are safe to hop to the spaces you have downloaded and they should take less time to populate.

Oh and even though I do not know you, here is your {{hugz}}. Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 6 of 12 (312 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4664 posts

Aug 29, 2013

What were you really expecting?

Message 7 of 12 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Aug 29, 2013

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 8 of 12 (259 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5457 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I forgot the hugs!

31374e2d2143786f1.gif

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 9 of 12 (196 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Thank you guys for the hugs Smiley Embarassed Smiley Happy

@Legendary_Vicki: I will take you on that, highlander Alala   Thanks for the hug

---------

@StephieRawks: *Hugs*  I guess routine is what threw me off. After thinking about it, being given the option to choose where to be materialized-at is a nice feature, one that saves users a couple of extra steps.

---------

@Dr_Do-Little: <HUGZ>Thanks for the info. I did not know this behavior was a granted community wish Smiley Happy 

Too many people sounds like a good possibility. I have been in a space with too many people many times before. The latest big event that I attended in HOME was the E3 booth. No issues there.

---------

@bookepride: I was expecting to meet up with my friend. I was expecting for HOME (all that makes HOME) to work as it normally does for me.

---------

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 10 of 12 (186 Views)