Dec 07 2008
By: PhatLifeStyle Lombax Warrior 163 posts

BLOCK, REPORT, IGNORE AND MOVE ON. NEW Acronym B.R.I.M.

82 replies 102 views Edited Dec 7, 2008

I have only been in the Home beta for about a week and I have already dealt with so many stupid people it's just ridiculous. I have a bit of advise for those of you that are getting frustrated with the actions of others. First off if you respond to their stupidity then you are only giving them more fuel to their fire to annoy you. Second, it's just a beta so your scores in games are really of no matter you can always come back and start a new game. If you find yourself getting too annoyed with people dancing on you or following you then just leave to a new area and come back. Hopefully you will go into an instance that they are not in. I know that its not the best advise but it has helped me not get too mad about all the morons that I have come across in Home.

So let me break down the process and hope it helps and you guys can pass it on.

1. BLOCK - Easiest thing you can do in Home to save yourself major headaches is to just add that annoying person or persons to your block list. Most of the time when you do just ignore and block a person they will no longer affect anything that is going on around you. If they continue to follow(STALK) you around then simply follow Rule #4.

2. REPORT - This is one of the features that I believe is underused by everyone in Home. You can help everyone in the community by reporting any and all offensive behavior that you personally think is offensive and also offensive to others. DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM (See #1) We are a community and should act like one. Lets put this under the neighborhood watch type of category and please help do your part to keep our community safe for all.

3. IGNORE - Hateful words, racial slurs, cussing, etc, etc are all JUST WORDS, they can not harm you in any way. We only give them power by letting them affect us because of our strong values or beliefs. I am not saying that what they are saying is right, I am just saying that we should just ignore them because it will frustrate them more because they cannot get a reaction from you.

4. MOVE ON - If all else fails and the person affecting you weather it be offensive body language(use of emotes to make you uncomfortable) or dancing on top of you, then I hate to say this but just move on to a different location. You can hop out of the room go to a different location and come back to the area you were in and hopefully it will be a new instance of the room minus the loser(s) that were bothering you. 

I have seen a lot of frustration in Home and on this forum and if my advise helps make just one persons experience in Home better than this post has done its job. Please add to this if you have any other good advise because I would love to hear something good come out of this post. We must make a stand against the actions that are going on in Home by outsmarting the dummies. If we don't let them affect us they will soon get bored of Home and either leave or just move on to something else. Just remember the only reason they are doing any of the things they are doing is because they want/need attention because of the lack of attention in their real life. Let's just make them feel more at "Home" by ignoring them like their parents already did or have done. 

UPDATE: After hanging out and talking with my friends we came up with an acronym for the whole process which works out quite well actually. I came up with the idea to simplify telling my friends about what to do when they deal with annoying people in Home. B.R.I.M. worked out well because it also represents how fed up you are with that person. Normally when you are fed up it's "UP TO HERE" and touch the brim of your hat. I thought it was funny and clever. Hope it catches on. LOL

Message Edited by PhatLifeStyle on 12-06-2008 07:21 PM
Message Edited by PhatLifeStyle on 12-06-2008 07:22 PM
Message Edited by PhatLifeStyle on 12-06-2008 07:22 PM
Message 48 of 83 (102 Views)
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Re: IGNORE, REPORT, BLOCK AND MOVE ON.

Dec 2, 2008
tis why I only talk during games. talking to random people bothers me for some reason on this game, seeing as if it's a chick, it's a trap, if it's a guy, it's a desperate guy chatting with that chick. It's awkward.
Message 1 of 83 (102 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1338 posts

Dec 2, 2008
I agree, sir!
Photobucket
Message 2 of 83 (102 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 2, 2008
Thanks for this post.  I agree, 100%.
Message 3 of 83 (102 Views)
Wastelander
735 posts

Dec 2, 2008

1. REPORT - Hateful words, racial slurs, cussing, etc, etc are all THEY ARE NOT JUST WORD , they can harm you in any way. We only give them power by letting them affect us because of our strong values or beliefs. I am not saying that what they are saying is right, I am just saying that we should just ignore them because it will frustrate them more because they cannot get a reaction from you.

2. REPORT - This is one of the features that I believe is underused by everyone in Home. You can help everyone in the community by reporting any and all offensive behavior that you personally think is offensive and also offensive to others. DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM (See #1) We are a community and should act like one. Lets put this under the neighborhood watch type of category and please help do your part to keep our community safe for all.

3. REPORT.BLOCK - Easiest thing you can do in Home to save yourself major headaches is to just add that annoying person or persons to your block list. Most of the time when you do just ignore and block a person they will no longer affect anything that is going on around you. If they continue to follow(STALK) you around then simply follow Rule #4.

in anyway ... every bad person have to be reported & banned . It may not hurt YOU . but it hurt other ... If i can i would give you + 50 kudos exelente post!

Message Edited by Sattan-Hellsing on 12-02-2008 07:24 PM
Message Edited by Sattan-Hellsing on 12-02-2008 07:29 PM
There were a group of people on the planet not too long ago that enjoyed censoring all things they didnt agree with. They called themselves Nazis. They too had an agenda and infiltrated the political system of their country. They too called themselves patriots. The United States was founded on religious freedom and the right to worship as freely as you see fit. It was not founded by a bunch of narrow minded totalitarians that tried to force their book of fairy tales on everyone.
Message 4 of 83 (102 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 2, 2008
+1 Though now with a male avatar, I have yet to have the same issues as before.
Message 5 of 83 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3426 posts

Dec 2, 2008

Sony must be sick to death having to deal with all these reports you're helpfully sending them, and half of them are most likely the bogus tattling of children rather than actual breaking of the oh-so-sacred code of conduct and terms of service which Moses brought from on high to illuminate the people with it's unquestionalbe teachings..

I think at some point Sony will find it's Home users sharply declining because of reports, and then they'll be in for a shock when they realize who is left in Home.

Message 6 of 83 (102 Views)
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Dec 2, 2008

matttardo wrote:

Sony must be sick to death having to deal with all these reports you're helpfully sending them, and half of them are most likely the bogus tattling of children rather than actual breaking of the oh-so-sacred code of conduct and terms of service which Moses brought from on high to illuminate the people with it's unquestionalbe teachings..

I think at some point Sony will find it's Home users sharply declining because of reports, and then they'll be in for a shock when they realize who is left in Home.

So what are you saying? Should the good people in Home just do nothing and let the immature people run rampant? I'm sorry to break this to you but that will kill Home faster than anything. If reports are not made to Sony then they would not have an idea of how to fix the issues that need to be fixed. 

Message 7 of 83 (102 Views)
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Dec 2, 2008
Finally, an INTELLIGENT post amidst the filth.  Kudos to you, chap.  Now, let's hope that more and more people start enacting it.

My campaign starts with "OddSix for Admin."
Message 8 of 83 (102 Views)
Sackboy
627 posts

Dec 2, 2008
damn nice.... kudos to you +1

Message 9 of 83 (102 Views)
0 Likes