Aug 26 2012
By: NorseGamer Uncharted Territory 1187 posts

Avalon Keep: Fealty Guide

17 replies 758 views Edited Aug 26, 2012

kingidylls.jpgIt's clear to see that the Avalon Kingdom is a highly-coveted demesne; with magical seismic crystals that allow its capital to float (possibly unasssailably?) in the clouds, and wondrous mechanical devices which grant the keep's owner the power of autonomous flight and even control over the cerulean raiments of the heavens themselves, it is clear that whomever controls the Keep wields tremendous power. Indeed, perhaps the Keep's deepest secrets only reveal themselves to the right person (the apartment's owner), much as the Siege Perilous could only be occupied by the perfect knight in Arthurian lore.

So much of the keep yet remains a mystery. If Gisele is able to inform you of items to be scavenged, that implies the keep was abandoned for a time. Barlow's presence, along with that of the NPC guards, suggests a new ascension for the Avalon Kingdom. Sections of the keep are still unavailable; perhaps it will require that the owner prove himself through various knight-errantry tasks, akin to Chrétien de TroyesYvain, the Knight of the Lion saga or other such works.

The real mystery, though, is Evelyn. She can, in an instant, change your entire keep's livery to whichever house you swear fealty unto. Right now, those changes are purely cosmetic; the keep's owner can fly the colors of the entire Avalon Kingdom or any of the four great houses within it without consequence. However, there may come a point where fealty becomes a much stronger issue, and you may as the keep's owner ultimately be forced to make choices as to whom to support.

To that end, a summation of the four great houses which are part of the Avalon Kingdom:

(Reference source material: Heavy Water Blog, written by Stephen Grose)

thaon.pngThe Dragon House: Thaon

One of the oldest houses in the kingdom of Avalon, those of House Thaon are often attributed with being clever, aggressive, and rash at making decisions. Legend supports popular belief that house Thaon rose from the ashes of the Ancient Lands, where the ancestors of house Thaon worshipped the dragons as demi-gods. Today, they have molded their existence in accordance with their strong ancestral ties and covet an alchemic compound known as Dragon Fire that has laid waste to entire armies on the field of battle. Because of this, they routinely strike fear into those that would dare call themselves foes.

Dumont.pngThe Raven House: Dumont

If it’s a clever and profitable life you seek, then House Dumont is right for you. Formed within the last few hundred years by two lesser noble houses, house Dumont has risen to prominence throughout the kingdom. Manipulative, clever, and always seeking a profit, those of house Dumont have made a names for themselves in markets around the world, often controlling the most lucrative trade routes and trading cities. If there is a business contract being signed, there is a good chance that a Dumont has had their hand in the pot at some point.

Grimoult.pngThe Wolf House: Grimoult

To fight alongside your brothers and sisters is an honor bestowed to those of House Grimoult. Having clawed their way to their current seat of power, it is said that every plan hatched by other houses has failed due to the Grimoult’s prowess on the field of battle. Loyal, trustworthy, and trusting their instincts above all else, the Grimoults are a force to reckon with. When they enter the field, their enemies know that they will be in for a fight for their lives.

Raleigh.pngThe Lion House: Raleigh

If fine riches and politics sound appealing to you, House Raleigh is the choice for you. House Raleigh is undoubtedly one of the most regal of the four houses, often sporting fabrics of the finest red and golden cloth. Often politically-motivated and displaying traits of narcissism, those of house Raleigh carry an enormous amount of power. Often working themselves into high-ranking seats in cities and towns, a Raleigh is accustomed to a life of extravagance and power.

So. Which house appeals to you? If the time should come when you stand to gain something by aligning with a particular house, which will you choose -- or will you continue to fly the royal purple of the unified Avalon Kingdom as a whole?

Remember, we know that a public space which ties into Avalon Keep is on its way. There may, perhaps, be some benefit -- or consequence -- to aligning oneself with a particular house. As the story continues to unfold, be on the lookout for such clues.

Many thanks to Heavy Water for reinventing the personal estate as a game unto itself, which grows and develops over time. This is a remarkable achievement which, given the obvious cost and time sunk into it, I hope proves to be a wild success. Home needs more of this concept.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 1 of 18 (758 Views)
Sackboy
407 posts

Re: Avalon Keep: Fealty Guide

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2012

cool!!! I really wish the green snake was a 4 leaf clover tho....thought it was untill i bought it and saw it.....

Message 2 of 18 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11607 posts

Aug 26, 2012

All these Houses reminds me of Harry Potter...Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 18 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Aug 26, 2012

I took their quiz; I'm a Hufflepuff member of the Wolf house.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 4 of 18 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Hm? What's this? Teaser images of the upcoming Avalon Keep public space? Given exclusively to HSM? What?

AvalonPreview_PublicSpace01.jpg

AvalonPreview_PublicSpace02.jpg

AvalonPreview_PublicSpace03.jpg

AvalonPreview_PublicSpace04.jpg

AvalonPreview_PublicSpace05.jpg

I wonder how fealty to a particular house will affect certain things here, including Ballista Fields...

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 5 of 18 (632 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11607 posts

Aug 27, 2012

I'm glad that's a public space. It looks way better than the personal one.

Message 6 of 18 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
407 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

to bad the public space wasnt released before the personal space.........................

Message 7 of 18 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 27, 2012

I will have my own kingdom, My own queen. or just conquer Avalon Smiley Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 8 of 18 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

Aug 27, 2012
Message 9 of 18 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Hamsters of hamster freedom are very pleased with Avalon.

253551_202785273097957_5117399_n.jpg

418995_346601118716371_1079609773_n.jpg

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 10 of 18 (514 Views)