Nov 01 2012
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 3075 posts

Avalon Keep Crystal Hunting Game

[ Edited ]
4 replies 356 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

Anyone notice the colored crystals randomly placed around this space? You can collect them and buy new items. I was collecting some and got more than 100, but most of the items you can buy with them cost 1000 crystals or more. And the worse thing is, I went into the central tower hoping to find more. But then when I came outside again all my crystals were gone and I had to start over. So I guess it's only the outside areas that you collect them. I don't know about in the dungeon, because I haven't bought that yet. Anyone got some feedback or tips on this game?

bobs fed signature
Message 1 of 5 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Re: Avalon Keep Crystal Hunting Game

Nov 1, 2012

Fear not young...old...citizen! 

When talking to the bald guy your crystals will be saved.

But if you leave without talikng to him, the crystals you collected won't be saved. 

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 2 of 5 (345 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Oh I did talk to Barlow before I entered the tower I think. So maybe they are saved somewhere. Thanks mate! Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 3 of 5 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I lost crystals as well. I have had Avalon Keep since it was released and had unlocked everything there , including items for the dungeon expansion. I have noticed the spawn rate has slowed down considerably too. I used to collect around 1000 crystals in around 45 minutes, but now takes an hour, but the real kicker is that after flying around for over 2 hours to unlock the last stained glass window guest reward, I left the Keep, and upon returning, all 2557 were gone. The same thing happened to a friend who lost about 1500. I would like to know if Heavy Water is going to address this issue soon. I also have had problems with the House Flag changing back to the default one, and Barlow keeps changing what the rewards are. It SHOULD only show that the 4th stained glass window needs to be purchased, but he shows I need to buy all 4, as well as the 5 wood furniture items from the dungeon expansion that I also already unlocked. A friend tried to come over and get a window, but the gift machine would not allow it. I have spent ALOT of hours flying around there and DON'T want to have to do it all over again. So....... "what's up with this space, Heavy Water ?" Will my lost crystals be recovered? Will this be corrected soon?

If it's any help, everything was fine until I visited a friends Keep, and she didn't have any problems until she visited mine, well, except for Evelyn, who keeps changing the flag.   O_o

I quit Home and rebooted, but it didn't help. Still no crystals.

Message 4 of 5 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

Anyone notice the colored crystals randomly placed around this space? You can collect them and buy new items. I was collecting some and got more than 100, but most of the items you can buy with them cost 1000 crystals or more. And the worse thing is, I went into the central tower hoping to find more. But then when I came outside again all my crystals were gone and I had to start over. So I guess it's only the outside areas that you collect them. I don't know about in the dungeon, because I haven't bought that yet. Anyone got some feedback or tips on this game?

Some advice would be to perhaps make sure you're using the dragonfly to collect crystals, or else it will take a while on foot to build up more. Owning Heavy water objects usually give good crystal bonuses, so you will get higher quality crystals easier (talk to barlow to get information about bonuses) Also, of course, always be certain to turn your crystals into Barlow before you leave, or they will vanish.

Heres a points chart of the crystals aswell, so you know what to look out for.

Red -20 points

Blue-10 points

Green-5 points

Pink-1 point

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)