I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Re: Aurora Blimps

Oct 3, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

nDreams_Joey wrote:

PM me your Orb Runner Issues Dean. We have tested it and it works fine!

Don't mind him. Orb Runner works fine. The layout is better.

Does the blimp game have any rewards?

Outside of Orb Runner, the layout is great.  Within Orb Runner, it's terrible.  The areas of Aurora are much bigger, meaning orbs are more spread out, and no orbs were added to compensate for all the added walking you have to do to get to the ones that are there.

Either more orbs need to be placed so we don't have to walk as far, or some extra time needs to be added to the clock, or a new experience-boosting item should be available to buy.f

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 21 of 67 (403 Views)
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Hey guys!

So Blimps is basically a game of Tag...stay away from the person with the floating stuff around them. Or just enjoy te views above Aurora!

No rewards in 1.6, we are already planning 1.7 and im sure you can see an update to the trap o matic and, I would imagine a possible level cap raise...no promises but, we do listen to feedback!

J
nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 22 of 67 (397 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13026 posts

Oct 3, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

nDreams_Joey wrote:

No rewards for Blimps as of yet. Wanted to get the game up and running and evolve it before doing that. 

The next update wont take so long and im sure you will see new rewards and items in that.

Thanks for the quick answer, Joey.

If possible, please include earnable XP with the next update to Blimps.

Digitman3 wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Don't mind him, he's a troll that probably hasn't even tried OrbRunner yet.  Yes, I will PM you about the game.  DG

I'm not a troll, you just don't like me. I think it's silly someone would spend 2-3 hours a day playing a game as bad as Orb Runner on multiple accounts, all because of a leaderboard that gets reset every 24 hours. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Orb Runner works fine. I tested it this morning. It was easier to earn my daily points.

The reason you're having a pout is because the layout changed.

or maybe the glass was removed. which they took one of my suggestion. (from their email a year ago)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 23 of 67 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13026 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Outside of Orb Runner, the layout is great.  Within Orb Runner, it's terrible.  The areas of Aurora are much bigger, meaning orbs are more spread out, and no orbs were added to compensate for all the added walking you have to do to get to the ones that are there.

Either more orbs need to be placed so we don't have to walk as far, or some extra time needs to be added to the clock, or a new experience-boosting item should be available to buy.

or simply buy the Ultimate Goggle Upgrade Bundle if that work?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 24 of 67 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Oct 3, 2012

The Blimps game sounded like a way to get more XP each day with a daily play... as the only way to get anything out of the game is with $, not pleased there. Although the paint/companion combo is a nice idea, would've been a lot better as level-unlockables instead of purchases, and leave the stat purchasing separate. There's no carrot on the stick of that game, as I can play tag anywhere on/off Home, with much more options. :/

In terms of the Orb Runner complaints. I'm on board there. It's been an open field where you can survey the area on the fly as you run and try to plan ahead for the best routes, but now there's a giant honking building blocking the view of Xi's island from most of the area, and several lil fences to wander around. The game itself seems to be working literally but in terms of staying to the same open-field Orb Runner experience, it's much more tedious now, and not in an enjoyable way.

Long story short from my opinion, looks nice and open as a space, but is alot more difficult as a game for Orb Runner, with the only real update being a disappointing game of tag. I wish it had kept the Auralite runner that we used to see in previews. >.>

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 25 of 67 (358 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

al2009man wrote:

or simply buy the Ultimate Goggle Upgrade Bundle if that work?

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I have a bone to pick with nDreams about Orb Runner too.

I have the Ultimate Bundle with the MAX time booster (gold) and neon glasses, and I own the camoflauge Auroralite Hoodie and the Auroralite Contraption.  I believe that's all the boosters I can get (the siver booster doesn't stack, so I didn't buy it).  With those three things, I only need 1600 points to get my full 2000 EXP from Orb Runner.

3 or so months ago I could accomplish that after a single try every day.  Now, it takes me between 5-15 tries to get those 1600 orbs, because I believe nDreams ****ed with the orbs with an update to make it harder to score high.  When I used to get about 7 or more Neon (pink) Orbs, now I'm lucky if I SEE 3 Neon Orbs, let alone collect them.  nDreams tweeked the orbs so that we get less of those Neon Orbs, which drives down scores.

Long story short, we need more boosters, and we need the 2000 EXP per day cap raised.

Crazy-88 wrote:

The Blimps game sounded like a way to get more XP each day with a daily play... as the only way to get anything out of the game is with $, not pleased there. Although the paint/companion combo is a nice idea, would've been a lot better as level-unlockables instead of purchases, and leave the stat purchasing separate. There's no carrot on the stick of that game, as I can play tag anywhere on/off Home, with much more options. :/

In terms of the Orb Runner complaints. I'm on board there. It's been an open field where you can survey the area on the fly as you run and try to plan ahead for the best routes, but now there's a giant honking building blocking the view of Xi's island from most of the area, and several lil fences to wander around. The game itself seems to be working literally but in terms of staying to the same open-field Orb Runner experience, it's much more tedious now, and not in an enjoyable way.

Long story short from my opinion, looks nice and open as a space, but is alot more difficult as a game for Orb Runner, with the only real update being a disappointing game of tag. I wish it had kept the Auralite runner that we used to see in previews. >.>

I though so too.  AlphaZone4 made it sound like playing Blimps would give us experience.  To paraphrase what they said, it would "help people reach level 100 and earn the Aurora Champion space".

LIE.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 26 of 67 (349 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Hey guys,

Thanks for the orb runner feedback. I'll definitley be feeding that back when I'm in the office tomorrow.

We certainly haven't taken anything away, as far as I'm aware the orbs are totally random so the lack of Neon orbs for you Maxx must just be down to bad luck.

Again, I'll bring it up tomorrow and feed back to you guys as soon as I can.

Joe
nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 27 of 67 (341 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Blimps are a nice addition. Always nice to see something change in Aurora. Change is good.  I was sort of expecting that coming soon tent to be the public lounge defense game that was original previewed in earlier versions of aurora gone by. Has that been scrapped?

Regarding Orb Runner complaints; Just tried orb runner 1.6 and must say THANK YOU nDreams. As previously with earlier versions of Aurora Orb Runner; it's nice to see the layout changes every so often so you don't see the same people on the leaderboards all the time. 

As with previous layout changes and updates to aurora; it's nothing you can't adapt to to get your minimum 1600 score for maximum daily xp. Nice to see the challenge factor going up and the leaderboards changing as well.  I could care less about leaderboards for both orb runner and defense game. Speaking of which I do find it pretty easy to place in the top 5 in Defense game Leaderboards whether I play it daily or leave it alone for days, weeks, months, years and come back. I mean at most it takes me 1 or 2 tries to get on that leaderboard. But hey I'm not a bragger.  It would be nice if nDreams could work on upping the challenge factor in that game too. I would strongly request and implore nDreams to look into doing that.

I'm sure the leaderboard people can easily adapt especially those that make it upon themselves to create classes for orb runner.  Time to update your routines and curriculums folks.  Smiley LOL

Get your Portable ID!

http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/Strider-Hiryu_79
Message 28 of 67 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Oct 4, 2012

nDreams_Joey wrote:
Hey guys!

So Blimps is basically a game of Tag...stay away from the person with the floating stuff around them. Or just enjoy te views above Aurora!

No rewards in 1.6, we are already planning 1.7 and im sure you can see an update to the trap o matic and, I would imagine a possible level cap raise...no promises but, we do listen to feedback!

J

Oh I thought it was the other way around. I thought you had to catch the guy with the stuff floating around him. No wonder I kept losing.Man Embarassed

bobs fed signature
Message 29 of 67 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Game looks cool.

Thing is, last time I drove a blimp, This happened:

Blimp

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 30 of 67 (283 Views)