Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
283 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 20, 2013
I admire nDreams in a way. Their consistant ability to disappoint contains so much win! Smiley Tongue
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 31 of 217 (803 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 20, 2013

Some of us play the game not to reach a leaderboard score but to get the best possible score in order to get the Max XP for the day to reach the next level faster.  Now with that said, will there be an increase the amount of the daily cap due to boosters and or consumables and if so what would that be?  If Joey or anyone that knows can tell me if there's a thread and or link that explains how the XP cap works, what's the most you can get in a run and so forth, I would really appreciate it (Im not talking about leaderboard scores).

 

PS There's a reason why I highlighted that portion of the text,  Its because I don't what assumptions and or "I think" answers, I would like a definite answer if possible.  Thank you

Message 32 of 217 (781 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 20, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Greed??

 

The community wanted more levels and rewards. nDreams is giving everyone just that, including a second personal space. All of this at no cost to the user base.

 

The boosters are completely optional. They're targeted at two groups of people: leaderboard floozies and firsties braggarts. I have nothing but contempt for both.

 

nDreams's free update to Aurora is a far cry from Digital Leisure restructuring the vig at Paradise Springs or Hellfire Games lining their pockets via Home Tycoon.

 

 

 

 

 

 


As you have already expressed your distaste for the Orb Runner game and those who seek a place on the leaderboard, I can only assume that you are seeking to be argumentative and as such I dismiss your assesment of the changes. I'm rather surprised that you refrained from being abstruse in your last few replies. Thanks for dumbing it down for me sir.

Message 33 of 217 (778 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13194 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Greed??

 

The community wanted more levels and rewards. nDreams is giving everyone just that, including a second personal space. All of this at no cost to the user base.

 

The boosters are completely optional. They're targeted at two groups of people: leaderboard floozies and firsties braggarts. I have nothing but contempt for both.

 

nDreams's free update to Aurora is a far cry from Digital Leisure restructuring the vig at Paradise Springs or Hellfire Games lining their pockets via Home Tycoon.

 

 

 

 

 

 


You should go back to Farcry 3. Smiley Tongue

 

edit:

 

One more thing to ask about. didn't Hellfire give a honest reply to you not long ago. DL tryed replying but some refuse? or am i missing somthing. 

 

"Rude portion of post removed"` -Mna_Grok

"Now has been replaced" -Al.

Message 34 of 217 (735 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/16/2009
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 21, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Greed??

 

The community wanted more levels and rewards. nDreams is giving everyone just that, including a second personal space. All of this at no cost to the user base.

 

The boosters are completely optional. They're targeted at two groups of people: leaderboard floozies and firsties braggarts. I have nothing but contempt for both.

 

nDreams's free update to Aurora is a far cry from Digital Leisure restructuring the vig at Paradise Springs or Hellfire Games lining their pockets via Home Tycoon. 

 


While agree with most of what you posted, I dont think boosters are for who you say.  I think there is a third group like me who buy things like the Aurora Jacket because I don't want to spend the insane amounts of time playing a game to get the good prizes, but I don't rush through the game in a few weeks either.  I am still level 92 in Aurora right now and only because of the Boosters I have gotten.  I would probably be somewhere in the 60s if I hadnt.

___________________________________________
Message 35 of 217 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/20/2009
Offline
3272 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

The_FPS wrote:

While agree with most of what you posted, I dont think boosters are for who you say.  I think there is a third group like me who buy things like the Aurora Jacket because I don't want to spend the insane amounts of time playing a game to get the good prizes, but I don't rush through the game in a few weeks either.  I am still level 92 in Aurora right now and only because of the Boosters I have gotten.  I would probably be somewhere in the 60s if I hadnt.


 Even after the bonus item from last year's E3, I was something like level 30ish at that time.   I'm still only 95 right now.   *sigh*  someday....

 

Edit:  Make that 96! Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 217 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/04/2011
Offline
1148 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 21, 2013

In the "old days", a person just starting out, not having any extras to boost XP (especially the island defense game) would need to spend about three to 4 years to reach Level 100, if they went every day.

 

I saw the"handwriting on the wall" early, and bought everything offered. I got to Level 100, got some nice rewards along the way ...

and most importantly, I had a ton of fun Orb Running,  chasing Dean's high scores all along the way Smiley Happy

 

How fast you get to whatever Level you have in mind, is up to you. Just don't forget to have fun on the way there; Capisce ?

' va  bene . . buona fortuna Smiley Happy

 photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 37 of 217 (540 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/21/2013
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 21, 2013
I'm at Level 49 with no boosting of any kind. I got a looooong way to go.
Antonio Xul
Message 38 of 217 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4526 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

The_FPS wrote:

While agree with most of what you posted, I dont think boosters are for who you say.  I think there is a third group like me who buy things like the Aurora Jacket because I don't want to spend the insane amounts of time playing a game to get the good prizes, but I don't rush through the game in a few weeks either.  I am still level 92 in Aurora right now and only because of the Boosters I have gotten.  I would probably be somewhere in the 60s if I hadnt.


 Even after the bonus item from last year's E3, I was something like level 30ish at that time.   I'm still only 95 right now.   *sigh*  someday....


Indeed.  nDreams was quite clever in how they set the XP needed for each level.  For the first 55 levels, the increased increment is just a few XP.  For instance to go from 49 to 50 you only need 725 XP, to go from 54 to 55 you only needed 785 XP.  So from 50 to 55 each new level the required additional XP was less than 10 XP.  Which is why it doesn't take that long to go from level 1 to 55, especially with the max boosters and playing the defense game.

 

However it QUICKLY changes once you get past level 55.

 

For example, to go from level 59 to 60 requires 1,725 XP.  You'll need 2,785 XP to go from 64 to 65.  You'll need 3,860 XP to go from 69 to 70.  To go from 95 to 100 you will need close to 50k XP!

 

To put that in perspective, even with max boosters, playing OrbRunner and Defense game every day, it takes close to two weeks to go from level 95 to 100.  Without any boosters, and even playing OrbRunner and Defense game every day, and throw in the daily bonus from visiting and trap-o-matic, it can easily take close to two months to go from 95 to 100!

 

Another way to show how quickly the incremental rise in required XP gets is to consider the fact that the amount of XP you need to go from 95 to 100 is twice as much XP as you need to go from 1 to 55!  Or another way to look at it, the last three levels (98,99,100) require more XP than the first 55 levels combined.  *ouch*

 

I am a little weary of finding out what the "new" XP requirements will be to get to 120.  If they continue the pattern, it could take a year to just go up one level without any boosters.  

 

It's clearly designed to get people to buy even more "new" boosters and now consumable boosters, as reaching 120 without them is likely impossible as Home may very well not be around by the time they get there. *sigh*

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 39 of 217 (456 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/21/2013
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 21, 2013
Holy Shih Tzu! I had no idea that's how the point system works. I'm screwed. Is the apartment after 100 points worth the time and effort or even the consideration of buying any boosting items?
Antonio Xul
Message 40 of 217 (446 Views)
0 Likes