Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Apr 2, 2013

When you enter the game, you will see several tabs [Play] [Inventory] [How to Play] [Shop], if you click on the inventory tab you will see what items you have bought already i.e. goggles, hoodie and if you don't have it, it will be grayed out.  You have to scroll down to see the 2 hoodies and the consumables.  Items here are automatically equipped, it also allows you to equip and unequip the orb attractor and the anti-attractor. 

Message 211 of 217 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

So after playing a few rounds of orbrunner I decided to try the new boosters. I start the game, activate a time and double vision booster, collect a few orbs and was then kicked from the server. Get back into Home, head to Aurora to try again and the same thing happens.

The question is, what happened to my boosters? Were they "consumed" or is the game smart enough to know that I got disconnected and allowed me to keep them? Since these were the free boosters I'm not going to get upset if they're gone but since people are purchasing these, I can see them getting bent out of shape over loosing them due to a disconnect.

EDIT: I've confirmed that I lost those consumables when I disconnected. 

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 212 of 217 (264 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Right, well that was a nice few days off followed by a hectic day of email, forum and social media reading. It was the Easter Bank Holiday in the UK, we get the Friday and Monday off so apologies for not being around.

Firstly, when we release an update, any product really, we know it's not going to be met with universal approval. I was expecting this with Aurora as I expect this with all our products. After release I will always keep an eye on the forums and our social channels to see what is being said and use this in conjuntion with the data that we get every second of every day on how people use our products, how many people are visiting, how many people are playing orbrunner etc.

With regards to little issues that are cropping up, we are getting a list of all of them and working on a few in one go. We have limited resources and need to work effectivley. If you have mentioned an issue (that is a code / art issue, not just your dislike of the update) then it is more than likely it will be fixed soon, numbers on the back are a good example.

If I don't respond in the forums please don't think it is me being rude or ignoring you, my job role includes a lot with Community work being one part of it, I read every post and make a note of every issue, I can't always respond to everything, hopefully you will appreciate that and know that I try to be one of the most open people on the forums when it comes to our products.

To those hardcore players who played purely for scoreboard reasons, I went back to Digitman as a PM and as of yet have not heard back from him, I'm always happy to have conversations about peoples gripes and will be honest with you when discussing them. If the scoreboards are something that a decent percentage of people want to see changed then we will look at it, that was not something that was said to get those players off my back, if the demand is there we will look at doing it. 

Since the update we have had a huge surge in the number of people visiting Aurora and playing Orb Runner and while I use the forums a lot and read them everyday the vast percentage of Home users do not use the forums and that is where our data comes into it. Again, I appreciate that a percentage of the users on the forums are those that spend everyweek and you guys and girls have great ideas that so deserve to be listened to and I always will listen to them and put them to the team.

When I have an update on Aurora I will let you know, Unless there's urgent queries I won't be responding too much to this thread now. Again, not being rude or disrespectful of your thoughts, I will read them all and make note of them all.

Thanks for all of your thoughts, positive, negative, indifferent. All of it is needed and all of it is valuable.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 213 of 217 (224 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 3, 2013
For better or worse Joey I am so glad you take the time. Thanks for that, honestly. Happy belated Easter to you and yours
Support Forums
Message 214 of 217 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Apr 3, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

With regards to little issues that are cropping up, we are getting a list of all of them and working on a few in one go. We have limited resources and need to work effectivley. If you have mentioned an issue (that is a code / art issue, not just your dislike of the update) then it is more than likely it will be fixed soon, numbers on the back are a good example.

In Aurora 1.8? Smiley Tongue

or is it post-1.7 fix's

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 215 of 217 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11630 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

To those hardcore players who played purely for scoreboard reasons, If the scoreboards are something that a decent percentage of people want to see changed then we will look at it

LOL. Most of us call them something else.Smiley Tongue Don't change anything. The update was for the masses, not the "few"

(insert adjective here) 24 hour glory seekers.

One thing. What's with names and colors?

Silver should be what  Neon is now.

Gold should be what Silver is now.

Neon should be what Gold is now.

The colors are what they were before the update, but why were they labeled differently????

Overall, I like it!! Good job..Smiley Wink

Message 216 of 217 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I like it too Smiley Happy

Message 217 of 217 (173 Views)
0 Likes