Mar 20 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4329 posts

Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

[ Edited ]
216 replies 1600 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

From Alphazone4:

EXPO Exclusive – nDreams Aurora Update and new Modular Apartment

Aurora 1.7

One question that get asks in the Official PlayStation Forums a lot is “When will Aurora be getting a level cap increase?” The answer to that question can now be answered. From Wednesday players will be able to smash through the level 100 barrier. Players can now reach level 120 with new rewards every five levels. Rewards include two locomotions, an active item for your apartment and for the true Aurora veterans that make it to the top, the Aurora Showcase Apartment.

To help you rise up the ranks we have revamped our extremely popular Orb Runner game with a new look and also included ways for you to earn more XP per day. As well as the orbs looking different to how they always used to there are consumable items that you can purchase and choose to use on each run; The Time Vortex, giving you extra time to collect more orbs and Double Vision that doubles the amount of orbs available to collect.

As well as the consumables there are two new permanent additions that will help you during your run the Orb-Attractor that will help draw orbs towards you saving you precious seconds in your dash around Aurora. There is also the Harmful Orb Anti-Attractor that stops those pesky orbs that can damage your run to stay away from you.

If you do purchase packs of the new consumables or the permanent additions to help you earn those rewards quicker you will also gain Aurora XP. You will hit level 120 in no time!

The Complex

If you visit Aurora or Home Square from the 27th March you will be rewarded with The Complex HUB Personal Space. The Complex is a new modular apartment from nDreams that has four additional sections available for purchase. If you own all five section of The Complex you will be rewarded with some fantastic furniture items.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 217 (1,600 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4329 posts

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

For the most part I am looking forward to the 1.7 update to Aurora, but the one thing that troubles me is the following comment:

"To help you rise up the ranks we have revamped our extremely popular Orb Runner game with a new look and also included ways for you to earn more XP per day. As well as the orbs looking different to how they always used to there are consumable items that you can purchase and choose to use on each run; The Time Vortex, giving you extra time to collect more orbs and Double Vision that doubles the amount of orbs available to collect."

Unless I am misunderstanding the meaning, it sounds like they are going to sell single use items to boost Orb scores... I have to say, I feel bad for the community of Orb Runners that enjoy spending hours playing the Orb Runner game to try and beat each other's best score - as all they had to do was buy the permanent boosters to have the same chance at getting the high score as anyone else.

Now that simply isn't going to be possible.  Instead, to have a shot at the leaderboard, it sounds like each run will cost you extra money if you want to get the highest possible score, so spending hours playing this game could quickly add up fast!

It is one thing to sell permanent boosters, but selling single use boosters is likely going to suck all the fun out of the game and tear apart the community of Orb Runners.  Not a smart move IMO.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 2 of 217 (1,588 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4536 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, I'm not too excited about those consumable items for a community standpoint. Another one of those pay to win schemes.

I'm assuming they are also raising the max orb runner xp cap with this. When I used to play, I remember I could get 2000xp daily through orb runner if I reached at least 1600.
Message 3 of 217 (1,574 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4102 posts

Mar 20, 2013

with the Complex I wonder if it'll be like the Mansion where u have to load into each individual space or if the other parts will add onto the main part like ppl originally wanted with the Mansion, no load screens, one big space

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 4 of 217 (1,567 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Mar 20, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Now that simply isn't going to be possible.  Instead, to have a shot at the leaderboard, it sounds like each run you will cost you extra money if you want to get the highest possible score.

It is one thing to sell permanent boosters, but selling single use boosters is likely going to suck all the fun out of the game and tear apart the community of Orb Runners.  Not a smart move IMO.

It seems that this will happen if any of the top players use the booster.  If people like me or others who have very low scores want a little boost to bump up xp earnings for the day then this probably wont effect leaderboards.

They could have an asterisk for those on the leaderboard that use temporary boosters, so you know who used boosters and who did not, but I doubt that will happen.

3200 posts

Mar 20, 2013
:^/ I also am not terribly fond of the idea of consumable purchases. When I buy something, I prefer to keep it.
Message 6 of 217 (1,547 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4329 posts

Mar 20, 2013

gamer_316 wrote:

with the Complex I wonder if it'll be like the Mansion where u have to load into each individual space or if the other parts will add onto the main part like ppl originally wanted with the Mansion, no load screens, one big space

I hope it is like the mansion - and each extension is it's own space - otherwise, you will be stuck with only 100 slots for all the extensions combined.

This is the problem, and biggest complaint about the Avalon Keep space and all the extensions that have been added.  With only 100 slots you can't customize the space as you could if each extension was it's own space with it's own 100 slot limit.

While it's convenient to "stay" in the same space, it also only takes a few seconds to change spaces and send invites to friends that were in the space you just left.  I would much rather have the inconvenience of that and gain the 100 slots per space allocation - then be restricted to just 100 slots spread out over all the spaces.

"Like it never happened"

Message 7 of 217 (1,543 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12801 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I wonder after getting like a lot of XP from E3 2012 last year, does it count as giving extra XP after max 100 lvl before this 1.7 update?

BTW more upgrades to buy!

http://alphazone4.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/shot3.jpg

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 8 of 217 (1,541 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Unless I'm missing something, the replay value of this game just fell off the cliff for me. nDreams, I see this as extremely greedy and I won't particpate. I'd much appreciate an explanation from nDreams Joey on the matter. We hadn't spent enough by buying the neon goggles at a minimum (at $4.99) to hit the leaderboard?

Message 9 of 217 (1,535 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1105 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

I already have the Aurora space with the defense game, the Aurora hoodie and neon goggles.  I'm not buying anything more to play the orbrunner game.  And I don't plan on buying the apartment extensions.  I'll play orbrunner to reach the new cap level in case it increases again at some point in time but the Hub space looks kind of boring compared to the Aurora Champion apartment.

Message 10 of 217 (1,518 Views)