Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: Auction?

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

If anyone actually looked at the sign in the place, it shows the items. Watches, sunglasses, a suit, dress and earrings. Nothing I'd buy normally, let alone waste time and money "bidding" on, although the dress is decent looking.

Also take note the auction machine is 22 slots. I love how Lockwood is still living in 2009-2011, with both their active item slots as well as their products. Wake me up when they come out with something that's both up to date as well as looks good.

Like a super amazing auction exclusive LMO that hasn't been conceptually done before, but also has good animations. Otherwise I could care less about auction wars on clothing and items that might as well have come out 2 years ago.

Message 21 of 50 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

If anyone actually looked at the sign in the place, it shows the items. Watches, sunglasses, a suit, dress and earrings. Nothing I'd buy normally, let alone waste time and money "bidding" on, although the dress is decent looking.

Also take note the auction machine is 22 slots. I love how Lockwood is still living in 2009-2011, with both their active item slots as well as their products. Wake me up when they come out with something that's both up to date as well as looks good.

Like a super amazing auction exclusive LMO that hasn't been conceptually done before, but also has good animations. Otherwise I could care less about auction wars on clothing and items that might as well have come out 2 years ago.

Thanks, I'll have to look for that, I completly missed it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 50 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Looking at the thing, it has a description:

"Enter into a bidding war with a rival, increasing your bid token by token. All the excitement of a real auction without having to leave LKWD HQ!

Please, note, each auction includes a non-returnable 1 token bidding tax."

Doesn't look fun at all...

Message 23 of 50 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I will happily donate all my unwanted clothing to Lockwood's Auction. All proceeds to go to Charity.

ow : if they do have a  " non-returnable one token bidding tax", I know I will never participate.

Not  a clever way to squeeze every last sheckel out of Home Users pockets Smiley Sad

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 24 of 50 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 30, 2012

a1557851 wrote:

"Enter into a bidding war with a rival, increasing your bid token by token. All the excitement of a real auction without having to leave LKWD HQ!

I think it'll depend on how long each auction is.  If they tally the bids once a day, it will have the potential of getting expensive, and while this may appear to be maximizing profit per sale, it will cause most to give up trying to compete, which will cause a loss in overall revenue.

Now, if they tally the bids once an hour, then everyone will have a much better chance at scoring rare items for cheap.

Message 25 of 50 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Nov 30, 2012

a1557851 wrote:

They actually used the term "tax" on Playstation Home? I have never seen that word on Internet purchases in forever.

I have the feeling we are going to see a lot of "new players" hanging around the Bidding Machine.

Message 26 of 50 (288 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Nov 30, 2012
If by "new players" you mean shills, I certainly hope not. I like to believe Lockwood is better than to use a tactic like that.
Message 27 of 50 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Nov 30, 2012

the point is they want us to BID and spend big money to highest bidder...  Who didn't see this as the next step up from Pay-To-Play on Home...  Utoh!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 28 of 50 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 30, 2012

DCS-Tekken wrote:

the point is they want us to BID and spend big money to highest bidder...  Who didn't see this as the next step up from Pay-To-Play on Home...  Utoh!

Pretty easy to avoid just don't bid. I seriously doubt I'll be partaking of a bidding war. I'll wait to see though what it's all about and how it works before commenting further. 

Message 29 of 50 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
535 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Hi all,

There hasn’t been any sort of auction in Home before, so this is going to be a bit of a trial run for us both – we’re running it to see if such an event works within Home. A lot of work has gone into developing this event, which is why we decided that a bidding tax was necessary for the potential success of the Auction Machine; we could be wrong, however, and we’ll need your feedback on this when it launches.

We’ve decided to offer three different tiers of item rarity with the Auction Machine, and with each tier comes a different bidding tax cost. The amount stated in the current description is incorrect, as this version of the Auction Machine contains an outdated description – sorry about this. The actual amount will be 10% of the starting price for the item. We have set these prices according to the rarity of the items, so they cannot be artificially increased by early bidders.

As we’ve said above, this is just a trial run, so we’re going to be paying close attention to your feedback – the more brutally honest, the better! Smiley Tongue

Kind regards,

Lockwood

Message 30 of 50 (259 Views)