Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Re: Auction?

Nov 29, 2012
:^/ Well, it used to be impossible to buy/give stuff to other members, so Lockwood invented the Gift Machine to allow just that. Possibly they've worked out a way to transfer ownership of existing items. You're correct that it'd require changes in the existing database management system, but it could be done, in theory.

;^) Of course, I'm not saying it's terribly likely....
Message 11 of 50 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Getting rid of old items will never happen as GM said they are tied to your account forever. Also, you bid in this auction (in increments of 1 lkwd token) not sell. There are a few items in that area (fountain for example) that will probably be the first theyll auction off. This is a lkwd showcase, hence new items of theirs to showcase. Im betting they will auction off different colorways of exisiting lkwd products.
Support Forums
Message 12 of 50 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12458 posts

Nov 29, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Getting rid of old items will never happen as GM said they are tied to your account forever. Also, you bid in this auction (in increments of 1 lkwd token) not sell. There are a few items in that area (fountain for example) that will probably be the first theyll auction off. This is a lkwd showcase, hence new items of theirs to showcase. Im betting they will auction off different colorways of exisiting lkwd products.

Like the Trap O Matic rewards??......................Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 50 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Yup. But before that, like the redeem items in Sodium 1 Hub (in Vickie). Lockwood actually started that idea as well as many many other Home standard practices :/
Support Forums
Message 14 of 50 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Nov 29, 2012

LittleTortuga wrote:

AzureBonds wrote:
If that is the plan, to auction items, I can say with 100 percent certainty that I will never win one.

Yup. You and me both. I bet people will throw $20 at $0.99 items and crazy stuff like that. 

Add me to that group of  not winning a bid Smiley Sad

I think the items being auctioned will probably be one of a kind original designs. 

Anyway it kind of has me excited to see whats going to happen.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 50 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

I just had a chat with Steve at Lockwood and the first auction will be a dinner date with Joanna on the Dream Yacht... Guess they forgot to tell Jo first. Smiley Wink

I just added a large sum to my PSN wallet just in case... Next step, convert it to Lockwood tokens.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 16 of 50 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Auction in Home? That's just silly.

There is two ways to this. SCEA wants us (users who actually spend money into home) bid on new rare items, OR items that are marked down, but that wouldn't make sense since you would be paying more in the long run because it's been in a store forever.

If it's limited time only items, SCE might just screw us over again. Remember those "limited time only" items during E3? I don't think I need to go into that for regular members on here to know what I'm talking about. They can always bring them back and you would feel foolish months later thinking it was limited time only.

Anyways, just another way for Home marketing to get money from us. Well, not me.

Message 17 of 50 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Auction.jpg

I'd wager that it's going to be a LKWD Token auction, as that way the money is already in the system for LKWD currency.

Limited-time, special discount(at first bid compared to usual price), unique copies of items(gold anyone? -.-), etc. of their products will probably be put up with token bids.

Basically... a money-grabbing tactic, unless the items are limited-time unique, it'll mostly be a chance to get a lil extra money for the least effort... like making a 256token item get boosted to double because it's red instead of blue, and someone REALLY wants it enough to bid $10 in tokens on it. :/

Granted, this is a guess, I can HOPE it's Sodium Credit or other freemium points system that even the noobs can bid on to get some nice gear, but I'm not holding my breath for any auction system in this bloated price system.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 18 of 50 (221 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I'm guessing that the auction will work like this.

There will either be an item created by LKWD were you'll have to bid using Gift Machine tokens. The auction will probably end in 24 hours or end on next weeks update. The person with the most bids gets the item. But the item will only be an item you won't be able to get anymore.

That is how I see it.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 19 of 50 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Nov 29, 2012
My guess is for early access items. Lockwood is known to give out items prior to release to a small number of lucky winners.
Message 20 of 50 (188 Views)