Reply
First Son
Registered: 11/13/2012
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Nov 30, 2012

I climaxed when I saw the Kiburi locomotion featured front and center.

 

KIBURI!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg

 

I'll gladly bid my Maliki locomotion and some coffee for the Lockwood coffee lovers, for the ridable Kiburi. ^^

Message 31 of 50 (373 Views)
Highlighted
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
12496 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Nov 30, 2012

gmw.jpg

 

YUPP

 

Message 32 of 50 (369 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/28/2011
Offline
837 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Nov 30, 2012

I'LL buy that for a dollar.

Message 33 of 50 (362 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Dec 1, 2012

Just some more info about the auction I found at the EU Home forums. 

 

Source:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Lockwood-HQ-Auction-Event-Coming-soo...

 

"We'll be running 24 hour, 48 hour and 5 day auctions. They'll be starting at staggered times and run across all regions, as we've tried to accommodate as many time zones as possible."

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 34 of 50 (319 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Online
3859 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Dec 1, 2012
:^/ Making the losing bidders pay too is unconscionable. The idea is to provide an extra incentive to bid highly enough to win, thus boosting income for the seller.

One trouble is that computer data cannot actually be rare, since files are actually infinitely copyable. Indeed, that's why piracy is so rampant; duplicating digital data is effortless. So, the 'rarity' of an item is artificial, and arbitrary, and ultimately foolish. Once the expense of creating the item has been met, the maximum revenue to be derived comes from selling as many as people are willing to buy.

:^/ But all the armchair speculation in the world cannot stack up against a single case of digging in and finding out, so this upcoming marketing research trial will be interesting, to be sure.

;^) But I'm not gonna part with money without a guaranteed return on my investment....
Message 35 of 50 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Dec 1, 2012

I dont have any experience of auctions, other than eBay of course, but having to pay a tax just to enter an auction isn't really morally right.

 

I appreciate that your going somewhere that hasn't yet been tried in Home so can understand its a learning experience, but I think you should reconsider your ideas on this 'entry tax'. By leaving it in you are likely to build up resentment as everyone entering the auction (except the winner) will start to feel that their just having their tokens taken off of them and getting nothing in return.

 

How successful would eBay have been if they had operated with similar principles?

 

Its good that your looking for feedback on this, especially as an auction will be a first in Home, but this tax is likely to be your biggest stumbling block with the community. If we pay over the top for an item then we only have ourselves to blame, but having an entry tax puts you (Lockwood) in the fireing line. Get rid of it, and you cant get shot at.

Message 36 of 50 (265 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Auction?

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

I dont have any experience of auctions, other than eBay of course, but having to pay a tax just to enter an auction isn't really morally right.

 

I appreciate that your going somewhere that hasn't yet been tried in Home so can understand its a learning experience, but I think you should reconsider your ideas on this 'entry tax'. By leaving it in you are likely to build up resentment as everyone entering the auction (except the winner) will start to feel that their just having their tokens taken off of them and getting nothing in return.

 

How successful would eBay have been if they had operated with similar principles?

 

Its good that your looking for feedback on this, especially as an auction will be a first in Home, but this tax is likely to be your biggest stumbling block with the community. If we pay over the top for an item then we only have ourselves to blame, but having an entry tax puts you (Lockwood) in the fireing line. Get rid of it, and you cant get shot at.


I agree!

 

I certainly won't be paying an entry fee to bid on something. I'll be honest I probably won't be bidding anyway but the entry fee sure won't entice me to even try it.

 

I'm not sure about auctions in general on Home. To each their own I suppose. Home is after all a reflection of real life and I suppose seeing this tried here was only a matter of time.

 

On the other hand there are a lot of kids on Home and some are not in the best position to exercise good judgement. I really have mixed emotions about this and I'll wait to see more before taking a firm position either way. My gut feeling at the moment is that I think Home would be better off without it. 

Message 37 of 50 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2009
Offline
4703 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Dec 1, 2012
Bidding tax needs to be deductible on our tax returns. If we can get the law to agree, it can stay in place. Smiley Happy
Message 38 of 50 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Dec 1, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

I dont have any experience of auctions, other than eBay of course, but having to pay a tax just to enter an auction isn't really morally right.

 

I appreciate that your going somewhere that hasn't yet been tried in Home so can understand its a learning experience, but I think you should reconsider your ideas on this 'entry tax'. By leaving it in you are likely to build up resentment as everyone entering the auction (except the winner) will start to feel that their just having their tokens taken off of them and getting nothing in return.

 

How successful would eBay have been if they had operated with similar principles?

 

Its good that your looking for feedback on this, especially as an auction will be a first in Home, but this tax is likely to be your biggest stumbling block with the community. If we pay over the top for an item then we only have ourselves to blame, but having an entry tax puts you (Lockwood) in the fireing line. Get rid of it, and you cant get shot at.


I agree!

 

I certainly won't be paying an entry fee to bid on something. I'll be honest I probably won't be bidding anyway but the entry fee sure won't entice me to even try it.

 

I'm not sure about auctions in general on Home. To each their own I suppose. Home is after all a reflection of real life and I suppose seeing this tried here was only a matter of time.

 

On the other hand there are a lot of kids on Home and some are not in the best position to exercise good judgement. I really have mixed emotions about this and I'll wait to see more before taking a firm position either way. My gut feeling at the moment is that I think Home would be better off without it. 


 

At the very least, it will be quite interesting to see how this is received by the community, and I'm quite curious to see peoples reactions to it with or without the tax.

 

I think Lockwood could be on to a winner as you only have to look on eEbay how people can get wrapped up in the moment with this need to 'win' and can pay over the top for an item, sometimes paying more for a second hand item than they would if they had gone to the store to buy it new.

 

I think a lot does hinge on this entry tax. Get rid of it, and everyone will probably have a go, some may get caught up in the moment and pay more than they intended. Leave the tax in and it'll turn people off.

 

Its up to Lockwood, but if theyre a little greedy with the tax it could cost them, as they'll get the cents but lose the dollars.

Message 39 of 50 (248 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Auction?

Dec 1, 2012

Thew902 wrote:
Bidding tax needs to be deductible on our tax returns. If we can get the law to agree, it can stay in place. Smiley Happy

Well ok, that's the last straw. I'm going to burn this place to the ground.

Message 40 of 50 (247 Views)