Jun 20 2013
By: loonytoon1982 Monster Hunter 29 posts

Atom Republic: Discotheque - Feedback

25 replies 500 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

Hi all,

As you are aware, The Discotheque apartment/clubhouse released in NA yesterday.

Now that you've had time to get to grips with it I was just wondering what you all think about it. Is there anything you'd like to see, improvements or general comments about the space itself.

All feedback is welcome!

Not so Tiny Toon
Message 1 of 26 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Atom Republic: Discotheque - Feedback

Jun 20, 2013

There should be a new law in Home.  Any new space is required to have an "open house" for at least one week.  Then I think companies would be less inclined to try and pass off "fly by night" type of product. 

Message 2 of 26 (479 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Message 3 of 26 (472 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Very Disatisfied. I had a chance to visit a friends clubhouse before it got released here in NA. The space alone is not that appealing when I had the chance to visit. There really isn't much to do other than a minigame whitch comes with only 1 reward, not to mention the scoreboard didn't seem to work for me the time I spent there. It is also way overpriced in my opinion, $ 9.99 for the private space & $11.49 for the clubhouse. If anyone's looking for a dance space, I'd recommend something else like the Musicality Clubhouse ($4.99).

Overall, I'd like to see better quality in their products & reasonable pricing on their items as well. If people continue to buy it at these prices, it will only increase.

Message 4 of 26 (456 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 20, 2013
@Abysmal It costs extra to develop open houses as they arent just as easy as copy/pasting the layouts. From devs' comments to me on the subject, they need to be made from mostly the ground up and that is why only the more successful (read, they have more $ to throw around) devs like Loot, Lockwood do them. They need to be sure it will translate into selling units (apartments) to warrant the work and time. Frankly I can live without open houses for everything. I would rather them take that money and time and either fix old errors or bring new content instead. Besides who would want to buy the personal space when theres a public version of all of them on the nav to go to? I realise you want it and dont care how it happens but that is mostly the reason open houses arent more prevalent IMO.
Support Forums
Message 5 of 26 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Personal space tours...
Message 6 of 26 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jun 20, 2013
It looks dull and is overpriced.
 photo brunzdead911_zps7fd473d4.jpg
Message 7 of 26 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Okay. I actually like the space but it is quite high priced. A little unjustifiably so.
That said, Im a fan of what can be done in this space. All gussied up it looks amazing, definately through a few smoke machines lasers etc. to add to the vibe. The music plays randomly I believe and didnt annoy me which is a bonus. The game is quite fun (I like repitition like this, grew up with parappa, bust a groove, ddr, etc.) but one gripe I had was I had to expand my screen to fit my health and score. Those should be within the suggested screen brackets, not outside. It may make some users have a hard time if theyre using any older setups. Also like others, the leaderboard wasnt working for me.
I know this is rosier than what others are saying but its how I felt personally. I would give it a 6/10
Support Forums
Message 8 of 26 (405 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Jun 20, 2013

i like the apartment but i HATE the price ! everything was fine but i do wish there was an option to turn the music off so i could listen to whatever i want . game was fun , needs more prizes though . scoreboard worked fine for me . 8 of 10 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 9 of 26 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Hmm, got to add some smoke machines for pistol! Found out today that the scoreboard only seems to work when the owner is present. Defeats the purpose of buying the club skin, could have just bought the personal space and invited friends to play the game.
Posted Image
Message 10 of 26 (372 Views)