Highlighted
Jul 31 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

@ At&t Park, Home of the San Francisco Giants, PS Vita sign

11 replies 261 views Edited Jul 31, 2012

Why can't MLB be on HOME.  I know you need permission, I get that!  You have that huge sign for PS VITA,  that's out in center field at At&t Park, paying million of dollars for to advertise for the PS Vita.   I know this is not the only stadium, where you have other billboards as well.  Even in Yankee stadium.  You have the SONY MAKE BELIEVE out in right field.  So, PLEASE put MLB and NHL on home, so we can buy our team jerseys and support our team.  I KNOW you need permission, but you guys are out there in the stadiums advertising your stuff.  AT least bring back the NFL jerseys.  People always ask where I get my patriots jersey from and once I tell them, they are disappointed because they were sold out long time ago! 

Message 1 of 12 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Re: @ At&t Park, Home of the San Francisco Giants, PS Vita sign

Jul 31, 2012

Sony pays MLB and/or the teams in question to advertise in their venues. For MLB and NFL to advertise in home they would need to contract and pay Sony to have their content represented. I think the major sports leagues want to target a larger demographic that the gaming community.

Message 2 of 12 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jul 31, 2012

You can thank EA Sports for ruining that.

They have the license (as well as the distinction of being voted WORST COMPANY in the US)

Message 3 of 12 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jul 31, 2012

They do hit the major markets.  Look at yankee stadium in right field.  Huge market. Even in Vancouver, home of the Vancover Canucks.  Huge hockey billboard sign in major markets.  You're right, they ruined it and should've made more an effort to at least bring those things back and give us something.  If we didn't have sports in the real world, we would be at war with each other.  Its a form of entertainment and believe me, it wouldn't hurt SONY, to bring and put those things back on here. LOOK how popular Swingers was, people still trying for the GOLD Bat!  Will spend hours doing it.  I would love to MLB on home! 

Message 4 of 12 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 31, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

They have the license (as well as the distinction of being voted WORST COMPANY in the US)

Exactly Al, another reason I hate EA and will never purchase a game of theirs... That company has exclusive rights to pretty much all sports, but wait... Report: EA Sports to give up exclusive rights to NCAA football games

We might start to see things change with football games at least...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 5 of 12 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Aug 1, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Exactly Al, another reason I hate EA and will never purchase a game of theirs... That company has exclusive rights to pretty much all sports, but wait... Report: EA Sports to give up exclusive rights to NCAA football games

Well, It was the NFL, MLB etc... that agreed to licence their name to EA sports.

Message 6 of 12 (159 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Brises_0000 wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Well, It was the NFL, MLB etc... that agreed to licence their name to EA sports.

Yup and that was a big mistake..

Message 7 of 12 (146 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 1, 2012

EA used to be such a big part of Home at one time with their EA Complex and Club Fight Night. That is one thing that changed that I and many others aren't happy about.

One can only wonder if they'll ever come back to Home. 

Message 8 of 12 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

EA used to be such a big part of Home at one time with their EA Complex and Club Fight Night. That is one thing that changed that I and many others aren't happy about.

EA's greed in the gaming industry and influence on other game devs has destroyed what was.. Sales have dropped dramatically from a year ago across the board..  They seem to be a dev that feels you should be honored to play their games at whatever cost... If they ever come back to Home I'll still never play any of their games.. They lost customer focus and I don't wanna say this but Home sometime feels like that same way..

Message 9 of 12 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 1, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

EA's greed in the gaming industry and influence on other game devs has destroyed what was.. Sales have dropped dramatically from a year ago across the board..  They seem to be a dev that feels you should be honored to play their games at whatever cost... If they ever come back to Home I'll still never play any of their games.. They lost customer focus and I don't wanna say this but Home sometime feels like that same way..

That may be the reason why they left. There wasn't enough money to be made in Home so they stopped support. I do know that EasDRob was a special developer who really spent time in world with the community. I have very fond memories of that experience that I will always cherish. It's really the best times I had in Home.

Sadly the company a person works for doesn't always give the team what they want. 

I don't play EA Games and I don't keep up with current events as you've outlined although I can certainly understand why you feel the way that you do. 

Message 10 of 12 (104 Views)
0 Likes