Message 41 of 159 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
451 posts

Re: #AskLKWD - Flawk Fridays

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:
BTW, clicked on the link thinking it would work on mobile since there was so much Twitter talk in here...apparently Flawk is desktop only :smileysad: Really, who does that anymore?!?

Ditto on what Stephie wrote… mostly refused to work my iPad (my laptop is currently D.O.A., so it's iOS mobile for me right now or nothing).

After futzing with it for over 40 minutes, I somehow managed to get a session sorta going for a couple minutes just as it ended (even the usual routine of resetting my user agent to anything that wasn't "mobile" didn't work … at first).

Anyway, short of any Flash-based programming, I can't imagine why it would be desktop-only and designed to balk at any iPad browser (or even an iPhone if necessary). Actually, come to think of it, the same can be said of our forum software… though it "works" on mobile, all editing features are removed (hmmm, yet it works fine when the user-agent is reset to fake a desktop). Go figure.

Anyway… @MikeFlawk, somehow getting Flawk running for us mobile users (or at least properly re-enabled when we reset our user agent to a desktop mode) would be very much appreciated. And to @LKWD_Mike, really wish I'd been able to attended far more of the of the Flawk then just your closing sentence. Many thanks to you both for your efforts…

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

— Sterling Malory Archer

Sent via my BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…
Message 42 of 159 (613 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2014

i don't own a moblie device im on a laptop so no problems here except the one comment i left to LKWD_Mike in this post

Message 43 of 159 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6468 posts

May 22, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
thanks for offering to help out @MikeFlawk and welcome to the Home forums :smileyhappy:

I bet you say that to all the Trolls........:smileysurprised:

Message 44 of 159 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4056 posts

May 22, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
thanks for offering to help out @MikeFlawk and welcome to the Home forums :smileyhappy:

Is the flawk guy a troll account? How do you know? Anyway, this is a newish thing right? I'm not really on top my twitter stuff, but this was the first I'd heard of this. I'll try to make it tomorrow and see what all this flawking business is about. :smileyhappy: flawking busines... **snicker**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 159 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
130 posts

May 22, 2014

Hey guys,

Just an update, I've passed on the feedback around mobile devices to Flawk so, with any luck, we'll see support soon. 

I absolutely love doing these with you guys so these will be happening every other Friday for the forseeable future :smileyhappy:

LKWD_Mike

Message 46 of 159 (574 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4056 posts

May 22, 2014

LKWD_Mike wrote:

Hey guys,

Just an update, I've passed on the feedback around mobile devices to Flawk so, with any luck, we'll see support soon. 

I absolutely love doing these with you guys so these will be happening every other Friday for the forseeable future :smileyhappy:

LKWD_Mike

Oh, that's right! You said ever OTHER Friday, so not tomorrow but next friday, right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 159 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
130 posts

May 22, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

Oh, that's right! You said ever OTHER Friday, so not tomorrow but next friday, right?

You got it bro :smileywink:

Message 48 of 159 (561 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6468 posts

May 22, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:

Is the flawk guy a troll account? How do you know?

If they say you can follow them on Twitter, you should able to, right?

Message 49 of 159 (561 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9496 posts

May 22, 2014
that twitter he gave doesnt exist cmc?
Support Forums
Message 50 of 159 (550 Views)
0 Likes