Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Are you done with Home?

Nov 18, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Wait Joanna with a Kasumi Avatar???  WHAT?!?!?!?!   Um didn't know u liked Fighting Games... WHAT?!?!?!?!   I'm Shocked.

Smiley Wink

Not playing the game DCS... sorry to disappoint. I just like the avatar! Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 145 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Nov 18, 2013

As of right now, I'm not done with Home.

I'm just taking a break from time to time reading some BL.  

Although I've been going on Home to see a friend and that's it, if they're not on.  

I'll just keep off Home and read some BL.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 82 of 145 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Nov 18, 2013
I rarely spend any money on Home anymore and haven't really for some time. Lately, I just pop in each day to grind a couple games for some reason and complete the challenges. Home is still a worthwhile diversion from real life matters.
castle3
Message 83 of 145 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

In the past couple of weeks; a few of the regulars on this very forum section, have been putting our time in other things.

Yes, you've all heard it time and time again. Many of us who were regulars on the home section, have now been more in the off topic forum. We've been also giving our time to more games now; like Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy XIV, and I'm sure a few are now enjoying their PS4s as well.

Do we find home so boring, that we've just lost interest in it all together? Not really. Most of us are just putting our time, into other things. Like enjoying games with friends, and not just standing around waiting for the word of if/when home will be on the PS4. (Which many of you are guilty for.) Don't get me wrong, I love home as much as anyone else. I remember it being a big mainstay for quite sometime, until I realized maybe it would be best to devote my time to other things.

Like many others, I still get on home to certain task; fossil diggings, aurora, challenges, and such. Though, I can't tell you the real last time I got on there, because I fount Home to be something to waste hours on. There's only so much keeping my attention on my PS3 these days, and home kind of sits on the back burner when I feel like using it. What really makes me chuckle, is when I check this forum section and I see people worrying about the next troll to post, or who's doing what..oh and let's not forget the occasional "Let me inspect you post."

Has it really came down to just these scenarios, over and over again? There was a time I really enjoyed the community overall, and was looking forward to reading things on here. As of late, and I'm not the only one to notice this...there really isn't anything interesting going on around here. Face it, majority either just come here to taunt others, or pray for a word on home being on the PS4. It's really just a train going around in a circle...again again. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy a few of you posters. Cat Wink

Oh, and criticize me for being just honest and upfront about it...but I've been quite enjoying my break from the home community for a few weeks now. It's nice to not have to walk on egg shells, waiting for the next "bomb."

Message 84 of 145 (356 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 18, 2013

You're absolutely right about the frequency/quality of topics around here, Blur. Part of the problem is the ongoing trolling that wastes everyone's time, but another part of the problem is a handful of users who took it upon themselves to be the "Voice of the Forum Community" and drove off some of the best posters around here.

You don't see as many Home Guides posting anymore, or much of anything from the HomeStation Magazine group. Continued attacks from certain corners of these forums led those posters to stop, because it wasn't worth the hassle of having to defend themselves. Other forum users have made it their life's work to torment some of the most helpful members of the community.

I don't blame anyone who's left these boards. Life's too short to deal with anonymous Internet trolls. I applaud those who've stuck it out and continue to try and be helpful. It gets harder when the positive voices leave.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 85 of 145 (333 Views)
Splicer
33 posts

Nov 18, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

but another part of the problem is a handful of users who took it upon themselves to be the "Voice of the Forum Community" and drove off some of the best posters around here.

HearItWow wrote:

You don't see as many Home Guides posting anymore, or much of anything from the HomeStation Magazine group.

HearItWow wrote:

Continued attacks from certain corners of these forums led those posters to stop, because it wasn't worth the hassle of having to defend themselves. Other forum users have made it their life's work to torment some of the most helpful members of the community.

HearItWow wrote:

another part of the problem is a handful of users who took it upon themselves to be the "Voice of the Forum Community" 

The funny thing is it was these self appointed faces of the platform that drove off regular people, and when the regular people gave them a taste of their own medicine it then became a problem when before, it wasn't. It's always been a clash of egos on Home with each person having in their mind who's a hero and who's a villain. Unfortunately life and topical debate is more complex than that. I thought I'd quote the original message in this order ot highlight some of the contradiction in what it was trying to convey.
Message 86 of 145 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4522 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Interesting how you both make very valid points.  We could all learn something, and that maybe if both sides spent less time attacking the other and instead working together to improve Home, maybe this forum and even Home would be a more pleasant place to participate in.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 87 of 145 (290 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Regular people giving some stick to the self-appointed hierarchy of Home?

Do I smell a Home tea party brewing?
castle3
Message 88 of 145 (264 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

VALID POINTS EVERYWHERE!!!

I really hope that a couple of no life forum trolls isn't tearing the forum apart. We should all just ignore troll posts and it would be so  drama free here.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 89 of 145 (235 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Interesting how you both make very valid points.  We could all learn something, and that maybe if both sides spent less time attacking the other and instead working together to improve Home, maybe this forum and even Home would be a more pleasant place to participate in.

It would be nice if it worked like that, D. Unfortunately, and coming from personal experience..I believe that some users just rather keep holding grudges, and ruining as much as they can. Though, I'm no stranger to negative attention on here..I gladly accept those who are more and willing to make it their life's work, to make everything a bad situation. I'll pat myself on the back, while I'm actually enjoying my time with my friends on home. (even if it has no future.) Cat Wink

And as someone who's on my friends list, that being you, you're more than welcome to enjoy home with me. Cat Happy

Message 90 of 145 (228 Views)
0 Likes