Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: Are you done with Home?

Nov 18, 2013
If it is going to be around for another 3 years or so I wish they would just say so. Stop bein so sneaky Sony. We need to know.
Message 71 of 145 (334 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Oh wow, haha.

I can't believe people took my earlier posts seriously! I thought I made it a little "too obvious".. Guess not, lolSmiley Very Happy. Anyway, I don't hate PS Home. I wish I could've had more of a reason to stay. But I feel confident in saying : When it comes to PS Home, I've seen and done it all. There's no new significant experiences to ,..well experience Smiley Happy If I do come back to PS Home, it will only be to convince my friends to join me in Eorzea.

I have a dream!...

That one day, everyone on PS Home will come to Eorzea. .. Really, I hope so cause FF14 needs all the users it can get ! D=
Message 72 of 145 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

NOTE: I also don't believe people come on Home to play games , challenges or any other reasons other than to hang out with friends and buy things to inflate their artificial egos.

If that statement is true for everyone, please count me out. I may be the only one, but I do go on Home to interact with others, to play games (and Challenges), game launching  and just have fun. As for inflating my ego, it's not artificial and it's just the same as it's always been.

But that's me. I would never speak for everyone or assume and state that everyone is alike. I believe that we are all different. But that's just me again.

Artifical Ego's? Says a lot about the people who continually push line this because they somehow don't fell like they fit in. The people i hang with are simply fun to be around and fun to talk to. 

Wait Joanna with a Kasumi Avatar???  WHAT?!?!?!?!   Um didn't know u liked Fighting Games... WHAT?!?!?!?!   I'm Shocked.

Smiley Wink

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 73 of 145 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 18, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Also, I've seen less content getting published in Home, less people, and less posts in this forum.

That's because all the wanna be's, attention seekers and self proclaimed funny people have moved over to the Off Topic forum. Shall I name names? Didn't think so, it's pretty obvious.

Actually, this forum has been quite peaceful rather lately. It reminds me of a time before the forum went down hill. I rather like it.

But I still see you post here.

Seriously, if you think the forum is in a better state of affairs as of late, I believe you're somewhat delusional. Most posts these days are related to Home on the PS4, Are you Done With Home/I'm Done With Home, or repostings of upcoming content. I understand you don't like humor, events (well you do like to attend, just not speak to anyone), contests, or topics that are thought provoking, but we used to have just such threads and many truly did enjoy them. Nowadays we also get random boring trolls (who haven't even registered their forum name on PSN) running through the same baiting routines that others did a dozen times before them (and did much better) and home bashers who were bitter and left the service long ago poking their heads in to say "ha!". How is this an improvement exactly? You assume that having fewer regulars around is a good thing?

Message 74 of 145 (276 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 18, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:
Oh wow, haha.

I can't believe people took my earlier posts seriously! I thought I made it a little "too obvious".. Guess not, lolSmiley Very Happy. Anyway, I don't hate PS Home. I wish I could've had more of a reason to stay. But I feel confident in saying : When it comes to PS Home, I've seen and done it all. There's no new significant experiences to ,..well experience Smiley Happy If I do come back to PS Home, it will only be to convince my friends to join me in Eorzea.

I have a dream!...

That one day, everyone on PS Home will come to Eorzea. .. Really, I hope so cause FF14 needs all the users it can get ! D=

"...steady descent in quality and morality with the content."

When you typed that about the 2nd sentence in, I stopped taking you seriously...well for that post I mean.

Message 75 of 145 (273 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Zeelot wrote:

Keep in mind that Home wasnt on the PS3 until 1 year after it was released so i am going to go with this being the same logic for the PS4.

Keep in mind Sony couldn't stop talking about and releasing images and videos of Home well in advance of Home's closed beta... And if ever there was a time for Sony to be quiet about a yet to be released service in order to not give their competition (MS) any head start, it was then and not now.

The utter silence from Sony is all anyone really needs to know in order to realize Sony has very little interest in Home (and frankly that shift happened about two years ago after Peter Edwards, director of the Home Platform Group said "Home is no longer a priority.").

Not only that, but as has been pointed out ad nauseam in the multiple Home on PS4 threads, there are plenty of other significant indicators that show Sony has no plans to include Home on the PS4, and likely wont support it to the end of the PS3 life cycle.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 76 of 145 (253 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Nov 18, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

In another thread, I made it abundantly clear that Home will stay in my daily routine. Friends and adventure are my main focus. Interesting that some people allow what they perceive of other people's motivation of Home to impact their experience. 

I really do not care what others do or do not  do on Home; as long as it does not interfere with others using Home in a positive manner. But to each his own. I will be on Home till they kick us off or until I find another alternative. 

My motto is Carpe Diem for a reason. Life is too short to make misery where there is really none. Use the tools to ignore the ones who are making trouble and cultivate the people who create positive experiences, wether on Home or real life. Smiley Happy Mur

Best post on this subject in a long time.  Kudos!

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 77 of 145 (250 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 18, 2013
^ I beg to differ from you on lots of issues D-Nitrate, but when it comes to this, no offence but that is our biggest divide and where I see most of our disagreements probably stem from. Your stance that you do not believe Sony cares enough to carry Home until the end of the PS3s life cycle may be correct in the end - yet I DO believe it will be here until PS3s end.
You do not believe Home has a life past this system, but I DO have faith Home on PS4 will come one day. I may not have any solid facts to back up my beliefs granted but neither does the contrary belief to my opinion in my point of view. Other than guesswork and gut instinct we have not had much to work with truly, but I do have *faith*. Call it blind, and call me naive (that I can understand), but I will remain forever the optimist on that front. I do not say this to argue with you but I say it to let you know its okay to have faith in Home. I know some give up hope and some outright want Home to disappear but I sincerely hope my 'gut' feeling is correct. For all of us that enjoy the service.
Support Forums
Message 78 of 145 (233 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8183 posts

Nov 18, 2013
If Home is discontinued at some point, I would be interested to see continued projects independent of the Home platform by developers. Such as Juggernaut and Hellfire (and others).

If and when the day comes Home goes offline, that is when my Home experience ends. Until then I will continue to visit.

I hope Sony will decide to communicate with it's Home user base in a more open manner. It would be a shame to burn bridges with such a stable, engaging community.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 79 of 145 (218 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

I do not say this to argue with you but I say it to let you know its okay to have faith in Home. I know some give up hope and some outright want Home to disappear but I sincerely hope my 'gut' feeling is correct. For all of us that enjoy the service.

How has faith instead of facts worked out for the fans of Home in JP... Or even here who use to visit JP Home regularly?  As you yourself have often praised JP Home as having some of the best content and events of all four regions.

Look, I'm not saying you shouldn't have faith, but I am saying ignoring facts and fairly significant indicators in favor of blind faith is what often leads to tremendous disappointment.

More importantly, at least in the past, you have attacked me and others when we have presented these facts and indicators as evidence of what Sony is likely not telling us.  Which IMO is far worse than simply choosing on your own to have faith.  If your faith is truly well placed, you would have no need to challenge and attack those that feel differently.  I'm just saying...

To your credit though, I have noticed a significant change in the way you and some of the other "believers" have dealt with the so-called naysayers, in that there are far fewer attacks and personal insults - certainly a far cry from last year when even the mere mention that Home might not have the 'millions' of users some have been led to believe caused even some veterans and MVPs to lash out with visceral childish personal attacks.

Now perhaps this is just the result of time and Sony's continued silence, the absence of any mention of Home at E3, and I'm sure the announcement of JP not getting any more new content was a serious wake up call for many 'believers' - but perhaps it was also based on the desire for some civility, at least that's what I'd like to think is the case.

See, even I can have faith in some things. Smiley Happy

However, it is true, I care a lot more about observable facts than faith.

"Like it never happened"

Message 80 of 145 (193 Views)
0 Likes