May 21 2013
By: al2009man Ghost of Sparta 13193 posts

Are you REALLY tired of expensive LMO?

[ Edited ]
45 replies 532 views Edited May 21, 2013

After hearing some comment that like "tired of the same ol' LMOs. same bike, same car, same same.

Do you feel tired of LMOs? well. i don't. I got some cool LMOs. so far my favortive LMO of all time is...Dr. Pepper 10th Vending Machine. why you may ask? I guess they took notes from Konami Urban Camo. heck theres some upcoming LMO that was taked from Feedback central. heck take a look at Game Mechanics's upcoming Start/Finsh LMO (coming May 22th 2013)

Now let's move one to Quality and Prices

do you only care about High-Quality LMO?

well if yes, that may cause to be expensive...but most of them still buys them anyway. just take a look at Juggernaut Games' Hoverdics. it cost like 0.99 individually or 3.99 for the bundle of 6 the only cheapest Locomotion item so far (i think already surpassed), and heck its medium quality instead...well i been taking a look at Atom Republic's LMO price...well it low-quality and expensive. i check Konami's...well close to Atom Republic... but 2.99/3.99 bucks expect the one that cost 0.99 bucks. the expensive /cheap bucks acts the same to Animation and Dance packs...but most of them looks good. but some are bad. *ran out of ideas*

if no, then its fine. i don't have much problems with that. i understand the developers want to create great Locomotion. when nDreams create Locomotion, then other developers gets same idea of a same product with different looks/inspired.

i give you a example: Konami's Bikes and Lockwood's Bikes. compare them. and you tell me. after that. competion.

That's all. now go ahead, create a post about my lack of English (which my first language is english) or just go focus on this thread itself. 

Message 1 of 46 (532 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: Are you REALLY tired of expensive LMO?

May 21, 2013
Let the market sort it out. Whatever sells best is what people want the most...and that's what we will keep getting. The only lmos I've been excited about are the konami weapons...and i am satisfied with the product. 3 bucks to shoot avatars in the face is a good deal to me.

Me personally Im tired of most of the things on home..but like i said the market sorts it out. Im in the small minority..so they will keep making the same stuff and people will keep buying it. I have no problem with that. What i find silly is when people say they want something different..but keep on buying the same old stuff. If your not gonna complain with your wallet then the devs probly aren't gonna hurry and complaining here won't change things.

If your like me and you have stopped buying most things then get comfy...cuz like i said...we are the minority.
Message 2 of 46 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013
I love all the Konami LMO's.
I'm in love with my torch and the pricing was good.
Konamii overall does a great job in all their products.
Pricing is reasonable too.

Ndreams by far offers the highest pricing
They were the first in this park to come out with em..
The street dancers offered very little but high on price.
The white tiger by ndreams I still can't get over that crap and why I bought it much like a lot of the other ndreams stuff..
Yea it was one of the first LMOs but 4$ really is ridiculous.
I blame it on my love for he-man.

Overall some not all LMO's I think are worthy.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 3 of 46 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

May 21, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:

Me personally Im tired of most of the things on home..but like i said the market sorts it out. Im in the small minority..so they will keep making the same stuff and people will keep buying it. I have no problem with that. What i find silly is when people say they want something different..but keep on buying the same old stuff. If your not gonna complain with your wallet then the devs probly aren't gonna hurry and complaining here won't change things.

If your like me and you have stopped buying most things then get comfy...cuz like i said...we are the minority.

Um... I have no money... Never paid for anything expect winning on a contest

Message 4 of 46 (465 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 21, 2013
That's neat. I was gonna not buy stuff..but then i did. It was good stuff. Good stuff.
Message 5 of 46 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

May 21, 2013

I bet it only takes a few tacos and some beer to think of some new LMOs and then just go crazy on the price for them Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 46 (405 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

1) Game Mechanics' start/finish race gates will be active furniture items, not LMOs.

2) Juggernaut's hover discs were probably the 1st $0.99 LMOs, but since then, there have been a couple others, like their sparklers and Konami's wings. Gz school era LMOs are free, there are easy reward LMOs from Xi2 tutorial, Jewel of the Skies, Juggernaut's St. Patty's Day sparklers and Dr. Pepper. Also, your 200 free acorns for your 1st visit to Acorn Meadows Park could be used to buy a bicycle LMO, if/when the bike rental stand works

---

I'm definitely not tired of LMOs yet. As for the prices...developing new tech does cost more money, but now that there are so many LMOs on the market, I expect prices to continue to fall in order for the devs to stay competitive. For the most part, we're seeing a lot of new and different animations, and I hope that continues.

As far as the pricing/quality ratio goes...well, I prefer to evaluate them all individually. I think we all know that nDreams has a habit of over-charging (especially things like Aurora boosters that come with hideous clothing or furniture), but they are the only company who currently uses motion-capture for their dance moves, and I have to admit, it really shows in the quality. Compare their animation quality to the $3.99 Atom Republic dances, which are choppier and appear to have a much lower frame rate. It's usually best to see LMOs before you buy them, whether that means watching a video online or visiting a friend who bought it first.

Two LMO types that we've probably seen enough of for now are wings and hover bikes/Japanese-style sport bikes. They're basically able to re-use the same animations and slap a new skin on it. We did get 1 batch of American-style motorcycles, but they all had long handlebars or long front wheels. I'd like to see more classic Harley-Davidson styles. There may also be a market for off-road, ATV and dirt bikes, even though they're not my style. A retro 1960s Vespa-style scooter would be super cute too!

I guess all I'm really trying to say is no, I'm not tired of LMOs. I would like the developers to continue innovating and giving us different types of LMOs though. Even if there's something out there that I would never buy...if even 1 person buys it, that's 1 less person using the same thing as me, which can be a good thing. Also, people need to decide for themselves what to buy, based on factors like style, function, quality and price. Any successful company will need to figure out what kind of products people want, how much it'll cost to develop, how much people are willing to pay, and whether their product/price is good enough to beat the competition. It's just business.

Message 7 of 46 (366 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 21, 2013

I actually like the LMO's, I mean I got on some good deals and some well not so good deals, however I like them because I like mounts, and to see this coming onto Home, awesome idea. While I think the prices are a bit high I don't think they'll break you by any means.

Maybe I just like LMO's to much, LOL...

I think it was the best thing that Home could get. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 46 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

May 21, 2013

if you told the 08 closed beta group that in 3 years they could ride a lion I think everyone would have wet themselves in excitement. I agree that maybe the prices are a bit much, but you get what you pay for, and even though there are some LMOs that are still o_O and like $3-$4 is a personal choice. I love the LMOs I have, and if the quality is equal or less than the price I will for sure be on board for more.

Message 9 of 46 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

I love free bikes from VEEMEE's Acorn Meadows Park. I used my free acorn vouchers to get the first one, then I 've been doing the race task to get the rest. Now I've got 3 bikes for my NA account and 3 bikes for my EU account. I've got green BMX bike for both accounts.I'll get them all because they are FREE. In the third picture, comparing VEEMEE's penny farthing with Granzella's one.

Message 10 of 46 (311 Views)