Jul 29 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Are the Flower Children and Beatniks Getting Short Shrift in Home?

28 replies 335 views Edited Jul 29, 2013

Think of it everywhere you go there are clothes for goths, vampires, gays, enemie, military, strippers, streetwalkers, gangsters, rappers, trance head candy but what about the original non-conformists the flower children and the Beatniks. Why are they being so ignored if not outright discriminated against?  These were the pioneers of weirdness and I think it is high time they be treated with a little more respect and dignity.

Message 1 of 29 (335 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Re: Are the Flower Children and Beatniks Getting Short Shrift in Home?

Jul 29, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Think of it everywhere you go there are clothes for goths, vampires, gays, enemie, military, strippers, streetwalkers, gangsters, rappers, trance head candy but what about the original non-conformists the flower children and the Beatniks. Why are they being so ignored if not outright discriminated against?  These were the pioneers of weirdness and I think it is high time they be treated with a little more respect and dignity.

I honestly think you  need not worry about these two groups, as they pretty much enhance their reality WITHOUT the aid of electronic stimuli...

Photobucket
Message 2 of 29 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Jul 29, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

When trash cans are treated with more respect and dignity too, then we'll help them.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 3 of 29 (313 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5826 posts

Jul 29, 2013

stardeth wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I honestly think you  need not worry about these two groups, as they pretty much enhance their reality WITHOUT the aid of electronic stimuli...

So does the other groups listed. Flower Children and Beatniks didn't corner the market on hallucinogenic drug use.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 4 of 29 (305 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

stardeth wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

So does the other groups listed. Flower Children and Beatniks didn't corner the market on hallucinogenic drug use.Woman Happy

Wow, military and vampires too??? As a former soldier, I didn't not know that... 0.0

Photobucket
Message 5 of 29 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Sounds like a costume or clothing suggestion, where's the suggestion thread anyway?!?! 😐
Message 6 of 29 (286 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5826 posts

Jul 29, 2013

stardeth wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

stardeth wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I honestly think you  need not worry about these two groups, as they pretty

Wow, military and vampires too??? As a former soldier, I didn't not know that... 0.0

My brother served 16 years in the Navy. I can understand why someone serving could turn to drug use considering some of the things our military men are asked to do.  Vampires.....Well lets just say drinking the blood of one impaired can have unusual results.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 7 of 29 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

stardeth wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

stardeth wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I honestly think you  need not worry about these two groups, as they pretty

My brother served 16 years in the Navy. I can understand why someone serving could turn to drug use considering some of the things our military men are asked to do.  Vampires.....Well lets just say drinking the blood of one impaired can have unusual results.Woman Happy

Since I'm not feeling particularly rambunctious about editing my post, I meant that "As a former soldier, I did not know that", in case the double-negative caused confusion. In light of this correction, yes, drug use COULD happen, but it's not PART of that actual group. Pertaining to the vampires... how the *bleep* would you know??? 0.o Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL 

Photobucket
Message 8 of 29 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jul 29, 2013

For some reason it seems vampires can do no wrong these days.

Message 9 of 29 (236 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Requesting specific content in the suggestions thread can be useful and tweeting or posting to developers facebook pages is helpful as well. Amazing how some will listen to what people ask for. 

Message 10 of 29 (225 Views)