Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
1187 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 3, 2012

For what it's worth, I want to offer a somewhat different perspective on this:

 

Assume for a moment that all your conclusions are one-hundred-percent accurate. That the State of the Union is horrible (and going further downhill), that SCEA has largely abandoned Home to run on autopilot, that the Digital Platforms team doesn't give a bunch of asterisks about Home any longer, that customer service will never improve, that the grass is greener over at SCEE, that your questions will never be answered to your satisfaction, and that you are ultimately nothing more than a number on a printout. That no matter what you say or do on this forum, nothing will ever -- ever -- improve one bit as a result.

 

Assume it's all true.

 

...Now what?

 

This is not to invalidate the complaints and concerns which have been raised; the consumer has every right to voice such complaints. Nor do I mean to suggest that SCEA has done a flawless job of setting up their Home customer service and communication outreach methods. They haven't.

 

Eventually, though, you have to decide what you're going to do about it. If months and years of complaining on this forum isn't getting you anywhere that you want to go -- and you have concluded that there is a reasonable probability that it never will -- then you have three choices to make:

 

1.) Home is still worth my patronage -- even though these concerns bug me -- but I will continue to bang my head against the wall of the forum in futile hope that something will change.

2.) Home is still worth my patronage -- even though these concerns bug me -- but I will stop banging my head against the wall and enjoy things as much as I can.

3.) Home is no longer worth my patronage because I can't enjoy it without these concerns being formally addressed.

 

(Realistically, I think #1 is going to be the chosen option...)

 

Again -- and I want to make this perfectly clear -- this is not a "shut up and take it" message to anyone who doesn't feel 100% happy with how SCEA is administering things. This is simply a question: can you continue to enjoy Home even if your personal cause célèbre goes permanently unresolved?

 

We all have our personal gripes with Home. It's far from perfect. But at some point we have to choose what's more important: the gripe or the fun. Particularly since, quite frankly, were I Sony, this forum isn't the place I'd be focusing my consumer outreach efforts on.

 

I hate to splash cold water on anyone's face, but we are, all of us, guilty of being a bit forum-centric in our thinking. Myself included. Sony hasn't helped matters by making this forum one of only a few official communication channels between themselves and the consumer, but let's be honest: what percentage of the Home consumer base does this forum population truly represent? Even if we give ourselves the benefit of the doubt and assume we're all high-spender whales (which we ain't), it's still a numbers game.

 

Were I running things in Foster City, I'd be far more concerned with creating new message delivery systems and  two-way communication channels in Home itself, in order to reach the maximum number of people with the manpower resources I have at my disposal. Yes, this forum is good for data collection -- and even has some useful consumer feedback from time to time -- but it's not necessarily where I'd have my outreach resources focused if I wanted to reach the maximum number of eyeballs, particularly if I only have a handful of people tasked with managing the multi-headed Digital Platforms initiative.

 

Would it be great to have more two-way communication on this forum? Sure, if only to overtly prove that SCEA is paying attention (which they are). But ya know what? It is what it is. And you as the consumer have to choose what you're going to do about it, particularly if you've concluded that you're not going to get any satisfactory answers to your concerns, now or in the future, via the method you're choosing to express them.

 

Einstein once famously quipped that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If there is a disconnect between what you're expecting to happen and what's actually happening, and little hope of getting what you want, then it's time to adjust your expectations and come up with a new plan. You can keep on with the same behavior if you want, but at some point you might want to look at doing something else -- whether that be leaving Home entirely, finding another method of getting your feedback across to them, or simply choosing to enjoy what you can. Not for Sony's benefit -- for your own.

 

Anyway, that's just my opinion. And if you don't like it, well, I've got others.

 

 

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

 

Message 81 of 189 (407 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012

Are you kidding me?!!!  A member of the Tech Department KUDOed what Norse just said about put out or shut it.  The sony staff never ceases to amaze me in their choices on what they kudo.  You never see a Sony staff member agree with perfectly good logic if its coming from the customer, but this pumpus idiot post his long winded reply then finishes it with  "Anyway, that's just my opinion. And if you don't like it, well, I've got others"  <-- what does this even mean?  so this is just one of your multiple opinions on the matter?!!

 

At this point he is right about one thing we do need to take a hard look and decide wheater this is for us or leave it all together because to me this is the straw that broke the camels back.

Message 82 of 189 (344 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Are you kidding me?!!!  A member of the Tech Department KUDOed what Norse just said about put out or shut it.  The sony staff never ceases to amaze me in their choices on what they kudo.  You never see a Sony staff member agree with perfectly good logic if its coming from the customer, but this pumpus idiot post his long winded reply then finishes it with  "Anyway, that's just my opinion. And if you don't like it, well, I've got others"  <-- what does this even mean?  so this is just one of your multiple opinions on the matter?!!

 

At this point he is right about one thing we do need to take a hard look and decide wheater this is for us or leave it all together because to me this is the straw that broke the camels back.


I kudoed it as well because he has a right to his opinion and he makes some good points Tsu. I take that kudo from staff to mean "Yes..we can't say it but what he said. Shut up...continue on in futility or get out. We still won't talk to you."

 

What I'd like to know though is what Norse sees as being a major concern, a complaint for him personally and if his affiliation with a 3rd party website in anyway colors his perceptions and the way in which he conducts himself in regards to speaking up. I would assume that Norse...unlike most of us DOES in fact have access to said staff. As such, perhaps he cannot quite see things in the same light as the rest of us.

Message 83 of 189 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/12/2012
Offline
243 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Are you kidding me?!!!  A member of the Tech Department KUDOed what Norse just said about put out or shut it.  The sony staff never ceases to amaze me in their choices on what they kudo.  You never see a Sony staff member agree with perfectly good logic if its coming from the customer, but this pumpus idiot post his long winded reply then finishes it with  "Anyway, that's just my opinion. And if you don't like it, well, I've got others"  <-- what does this even mean?  so this is just one of your multiple opinions on the matter?!!

 

At this point he is right about one thing we do need to take a hard look and decide wheater this is for us or leave it all together because to me this is the straw that broke the camels back.


It means a shill  will do as a shill will do.

 

Message 84 of 189 (262 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012

Let_lt_Bleed wrote:

It means a shill  will do as a shill will do.


I totally agree with you Bleed

A shill, also called  a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization.

 

Message 85 of 189 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/05/2007
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012
NorseGamer put it straight up, no sugar coating it.
Its a fact Home NA needs serious restructuring in communication among several other aspects. But communication being the point, seemingly lost in a strange display of activism, can only be improved by just that, communication. If you have a raging fire to be heard, than do so were there's someone listening. What I mean by this is, look...have ANY official members of Home NA's "management" or "moderation" given a real answer here? Not that I've seen. So take your message to them. Leaving notes on the SCEA back door isn't going to help.
Well, said my piece. Later.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 86 of 189 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012

HyperLord wrote:
NorseGamer put it straight up, no sugar coating it.
Its a fact Home NA needs serious restructuring in communication among several other aspects. But communication being the point, seemingly lost in a strange display of activism, can only be improved by just that, communication. If you have a raging fire to be heard, than do so were there's someone listening. What I mean by this is, look...have ANY official members of Home NA's "management" or "moderation" given a real answer here? Not that I've seen. So take your message to them. Leaving notes on the SCEA back door isn't going to help.
Well, said my piece. Later.   <------ its peace

No .... Norse gave a different perspective as he himself stated. Would he tell the readers of his blog to go read someone else's blog if not happy or would he try to find a resolve?  We all know he has inside perspective from Sony and Devs and in turn his "different perspective" is biased at best.  Who's to say leaving notes on the back door (as you said) isn't going to help? Maybe you see it as many others as us just complaining and we should just lay down an take it in the butt and give in.  Well this is our way of letting people like you know that we are not just going to take things laying down. 

I know that I am indeed the few and far between and in these forums people have there own personal agendas and or liaisons with the Sony staff/Devs and would not want to jeopardize said relationship just to agree with someone such as myself and I understand that.  That doesn't mean my sentiment is not their sentiment.  Then again it may not be!  that's why this thread addresses and request the opinions of the fellow members of the forums to voice how happy they are with the level of communication with the Sony staff.

Message 87 of 189 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

HyperLord wrote:
NorseGamer put it straight up, no sugar coating it.
Its a fact Home NA needs serious restructuring in communication among several other aspects. But communication being the point, seemingly lost in a strange display of activism, can only be improved by just that, communication. If you have a raging fire to be heard, than do so were there's someone listening. What I mean by this is, look...have ANY official members of Home NA's "management" or "moderation" given a real answer here? Not that I've seen. So take your message to them. Leaving notes on the SCEA back door isn't going to help.
Well, said my piece. Later.   <------ its peace

No .... Norse gave a different perspective as he himself stated. Would he tell the readers of his blog to go read someone else's blog if not happy or would he try to find a resolve?  We all know he has inside perspective from Sony and Devs and in turn his "different perspective" is biased at best.  Who's to say leaving notes on the back door (as you said) isn't going to help? Maybe you see it as many others as us just complaining and we should just lay down an take it in the butt and give in.  Well this is our way of letting people like you know that we are not just going to take things laying down. 

I know that I am indeed the few and far between and in these forums people have there own personal agendas and or liaisons with the Sony staff/Devs and would not want to jeopardize said relationship just to agree with someone such as myself and I understand that.  That doesn't mean my sentiment is not their sentiment.  Then again it may not be!  that's why this thread addresses and request the opinions of the fellow members of the forums to voice how happy they are with the level of communication with the Sony staff.


Hey, you're starting to sound like me Tsu...you should probably be worried about that.

Message 88 of 189 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/12/2012
Offline
243 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Well, said my piece. Later.   <------ its peace


 

Tsunami, I'll just assume you were joking and decided to keep it dry with the lack of an obligatory emote.

Message 89 of 189 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2006
Offline
4392 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 4, 2012

Either way, Joystick_Warriors kudoing of Norse Gamers post is an affront to the points raised in this thread and the people who have made them.

 

What exactly is Joystick kudoing?

 

The points about Sony not having done a very good job of establishing the official communication channels that are essentially a mandatory part of a paid for service.

If he is then why hasn't something been done about it?  Which just proves the problem is recognized and is being ignored.  As a customer that offends me.

 

Is he kudoing The points that Customer Technical Support for issues with paid content should be handled through Sony's official Tech Support Channels, and not some Forum?

If he is, then why is this still the case?  Which just proves again, that the problem is being ignored.  And as a customer, I am equally offended.

 

Or, is he kudoing the shut up and suck on it sentiment, that was the main thrust of the post?

If he is, then that says everything right there, which offends me as a customer even more.

 

 

Either way, as a member of the Sony Support Staff, and, as such, a person who is part of the problem, kudoing this post, in any way, just proves Sony is, and has been aware of their shortcomings in this area, and have deciding to ignore it.

 

Allowing a Member of Home Support the ability to Kudo in any thread criticizing the administration of Home is a conflict of interest.  And any Sony support member who actually exercises that ability in said circumstance, demonstrates a sever lack of judgment.

 

But, then again, that's just par for the course when it comes to SCEA's administration of Home isn't it.

 

 

 

.

 


 


 


 


Be One With The Game.

Message 90 of 189 (219 Views)