Splicer
58 posts

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 27, 2012

AceofSpades213, you have prompted this cynical messenger to formulate new solutions to tackle our little communication problem as it were. Have the overseers of the aforementioned fansites ever took into consideration their influence over general user knowledge? Perhaps, perhaps it is time they ceased their unwitting volunteer roles for a short while. Rephrasing my suggestion, they could go "on strike". Stop informing the masses about excessive corporatism dressed as content updates for a fixed period of one fortnight as a silent protest in light of poor communication.

But a question looms - "Does each of the big three have the confidence and nobility to resist temptation, to resist outdoing their competitive rivals at a time they are most vulnerable, or better yet, do they have the strength to back such a protest?" When the lights go out, let us observe the domino effect toppling down onto the corporate dogs' figures and their response. Will they plug the power back into the grid, or allow us to descend into chaos? We shall never know unless we, the community, grind to an immediate halt in carrying out the activities of our overseers; in short, doing their job for them gratis.

Why end the disinformation flow at this marker. We could stop the Copy / Paste credential system we currently relish by refusing to "retweet" or repost 3rd party news directly in the PlayStation Home General Discussions board. Again, the faceless suits that dangle the marionettes will have limited cards to deal if such events were to transpire. In Laymen's terms, my comrades, STOP DOING THEIR JOBS, AND IN TURN THEY MIGHT RESUME THEM. The PlayStation Home adaptation of The Winter of Discontent may be a more tantalizing solution than one thinks.

Message 11 of 189 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Ah In_Cognito, while you make some interesting points sir, you have an agenda of your own. So while complaining about the agendas of others, you have your own motives. I believe your suggestion will fall on deaf ears as far as the cessation of communication from the other sites goes. It's what they do...you know as well as I that such a thing will never happen.

We agree on some things however. I too believe that passing along said information is really their job. Maybe it's the pessimist in me but, I for one don't know that the news we hear was actually submitted to Sony first. Perhaps these companies realize what a poor job Sony does in promoting their product and chooses other avenues. Then again, perhaps Sony is just used to having others do it for them and in many ways, do it better. Either way it's rather sad, is it not?

The interaction, or in this case the lack thereof, of The Company with their customers speaks volumes.

Message 12 of 189 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Nov 27, 2012

It is incredibly disheartening when the Jerry Maguires of our 3rd party content publishers unashamedly prefer to spin and shovel promotions for their wares through not their service provider, Sony, but instead severely tainted individuals with more skeletons in their chambers than Auschwitz. My outspoken myalana, you may be right. The dissent for Sony's communicative methods begins from the top, and not the bottom.

Deaf ears I have armor-like invulnerability against. Surely, though, the lady with the wooden spoon is curios to see who is metaphorically deaf as well as blind.

Message 13 of 189 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I prefer a paddle to a wooden-spoon but yes, I am curious who is deaf as well as blind. To speak up or rather out against those who many idolize is a hard thing for many. Certainly many people have an opinion on this matter but they want to wait and see what others say first. They'll check to see who kudoed what and then know where they should stand. Others most likely don't want to rock the boat, or they just don't understand what the fuss is about. After all, there's more exciting threads about the newest content and teddy bear games.

I guess I don't understand how Sony fails to realize that communication and interaction are powerful motivators. A politician making small town visits and televised speeches drums up support. People feel good about their candidate and they tell others. Similarly, people would feel better about this application we use if we saw and heard from our staff and moderation. They'd invest more in it...they'd stand behind it and spend more time on it. I guess the difference is politicians have opponents. Sony doesn't have that competition...at least not yet. I wonder if things would change if they did.

Message 14 of 189 (339 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

No.

If anyone wants to get a rough idea how many Home users are upset over the poor level of communication from the Home Team, just search this very forum.  Countless people have been complaining about this issue more than any other issue in home.

However it goes beyond the inexcusably poor level of communication on anything but promoting new content, which even in that case they rarely take full advantage of all the tools at their disposal.  The fact is they share very little with their customers on anything about Home. 

Let me ask you, who here can name all the members of the Home team and what their job titles are?  Sony is a publicly owned company, and yet they do their best to reveal almost nothing about their management of Home.

For a service that Sony claims millions of people use, it's run as if it services only a few customers.  In NA there is only one person who responds to issues on the Home Support Forum.  Frankly, that speaks volumes to how little they care about customer support.

For years now customers have been asking:

Why there are item limits in personal spaces?

Why they cant access their wardrobes in other user's spaces, but they can in a club space?

Why can't they belong to more than 5 clubs?

Why can only 12 users be in a personal space when clubs can have 32?

Why dont they have the same sort options for items in storage as they do for items not in storage?

Why can't we have more sorting and filtering options?  Like by developer?

Why can't we delete items we no longer want?

Why can't we have a deep storage folder for items we rarely if ever use?

Why can't we have more item folders, like ones for T shirts; shorts; bathing suits; hats; etc

Why can't we have custom item folders so we can organize them as we choose?

Why can't we play our own music in our own spaces?

Why can't we play our own videos in our own spaces?

These are but a small sample of questions that have continually come up, and yet very rarely do we ever get any response let alone reasonable explanations from any member of the Home Team.

Home is full of mysteries of which the folks running Home seem content keeping the answers to themselves despite all the anger, frustration it causes, and all the countless specualtion and misleading information that gets spread throughout th forums because no one in charge is willing to speak up on these and many other issues.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 15 of 189 (337 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I got a better idea than Mr. V for Vendetta..come join us over at the EU forums and make a EU home account Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy we know how to have fun we get lots of feedback from the staff and they're a cool bunch too. We have competitions! Lotsa them! Oh and you don't get PERMAbans for daring to make inflammatory remarks about people that bully you and be racist to you and your country *COUGH* Smiley Indifferent !! yeah i wont be coming back here any more lol
Message 16 of 189 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Id say if your not happy with one ver move on to the next as there are better ver of home with better mods but its sad that it comes to that at all

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 17 of 189 (294 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 27, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

No.

If anyone wants to get a rough idea how many Home users are upset over the poor level of communication from the Home Team, just search this very forum.  Countless people have been complaining about this issue more than any other issue in home.

However it goes beyond the inexcusably poor level of communication on anything but promoting new content, which even in that case they rarely take full advantage of all the tools at their disposal.  The fact is they share very little with their customers on anything about Home. 

Let me ask you, who here can name all the members of the Home team and what their job titles are?  Sony is a publicly owned company, and yet they do their best to reveal almost nothing about their management of Home.

For a service that Sony claims millions of people use, it's run as if it services only a few customers.  In NA there is only one person who responds to issues on the Home Support Forum.  Frankly, that speaks volumes to how little they care about customer support.

For years now customers have been asking:

Why there are item limits in personal spaces?

Why they cant access their wardrobes in other user's spaces, but they can in a club space?

Why can't they belong to more than 5 clubs?

Why can only 12 users be in a personal space when clubs can have 32?

Why dont they have the same sort options for items in storage as they do for items not in storage?

Why can't we have more sorting and filtering options?  Like by developer?

Why can't we delete items we no longer want?

Why can't we have a deep storage folder for items we rarely if ever use?

Why can't we have more item folders, like ones for T shirts; shorts; bathing suits; hats; etc

Why can't we have custom item folders so we can organize them as we choose?

These are but a small sample of questions that have continually come up, and yet very rarely do we ever get any response let alone reasonable explanations.

I feel like I keep harping on the same thing over and over, but you brought up a couple more points that I meant to mention also.

I wondered the exact same thing regarding how many are familiar with the Home Staff. I have a feeling that if I went and stood in the Hub and asked everyone who arrived if they knew who GlassWalls is that less than half would know. Should they? I don't know honestly, but I do know that long before I was active on this forum that myself and my friends were aware of at least a couple of the staff members names. Buggy, Cydonia, Locust all seemed to be much more familiar names. By the way, Does Locust work here anymore? I haven't heard any word about him in ages.

It seems ridiculous to me that all of support appears to be manned by Joystick_Warrior. I check the posts there from time to time and have made a couple myself. J_W at least seems to try. From what I've experienced, he's the rare exception around here but I know he can only do so much. He communicates... he solves problems and does so in a respectful manner.

At times,I get the feeling that our managers are only allowed to say so much. If they could at least tell us that they can't speak about an issue or feature we are requesting that would be something. It's easy to get the feeling that no one is listening otherwise.

Message 18 of 189 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Carnbys2ndComing wrote:
I got a better idea than Mr. V for Vendetta..come join us over at the EU forums and make a EU home account Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy we know how to have fun we get lots of feedback from the staff and they're a cool bunch too. We have competitions! Lotsa them! Oh and you don't get PERMAbans for daring to make inflammatory remarks about people that bully you and be racist to you and your country *COUGH* Smiley Indifferent !! yeah i wont be coming back here any more lol

But you just DID come back. I guess we should envy your interaction with staff more than any game-related content you may get exclusively. I know I do anyway.

Message 19 of 189 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Meh we are getting more content than you guys and I am loving it who wouldn't?? It's not so much that though I think the interaction between everybody there has gotten so much better mods and regular folks alike. Our new manager is on top of her game. There's always events going on and we still get peppered with rewards and freebies. Oh I came back by the way to tell you guys I am not coming back..kinda stupid I know Smiley Very Happy anyways bye for now don't forget..join us!
Message 20 of 189 (269 Views)
0 Likes