Fender Bender
3148 posts

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 29, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Patchex wrote:

Now that the Staff and MOds are getting Talked down to do you really think they wasnt to come in here and Chime in? If we treat them with respect they are  more likely to respond... Yet not always.  When its no longer a disscution, and it becomes a bash session, they tend to walk away... plus its Holiday time... they might be busy...

The problem with this theory is that this has been an ongoing serious issue for not just the last few weeks, not even the last few months, but for the last few years... And MANY of us have been extraordinarily supportive and patient... And nothing changed, and we didn't see any improvement in communication.  In fact, if anything it's gotten worse.  So if they are "feeling" talked down to, they only have themselves or the management to blame, not their customers.

The fact is they have created a dysfunctional relationship between themselves and their customers, and likely explains one of the reasons Sony is struggling right now as a business.

I can not say I disagree, yet at the same time... we need to remember they are human just like us... I have been mad about this subject for a long time... yet if we approch it hostil, then Hostility is what we also will be met with, I talk form experiance... I am not saying what is happening is right, yet maybe there is a better solution, for Us as well as them... (I hate to say it like that, Us and them... some of them are part of us as well) If you look I have many times found Customer service from Sony less then up to par, and also the marketing they use, lost of Post right here on the forums... Seems like they are not to hard up though, they still pump out product... and people keep buying, that is part of the Problem as well, we buy even though we might not be happy with the product... that shouold be the first thing we do is refuse to buy if the product is not up to par... then they would fix it so we would buy again, yet with so many that is a feat in its self... Supply and demand works both ways, with Products and Customer service...

Photobucket
Message 181 of 189 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 29, 2012

Patchex wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Patchex wrote:

Now that the Staff and MOds are getting Talked down to do you really think they wasnt to come in here and Chime in? If we treat them with respect they are  more likely to respond... Yet not always.  When its no longer a disscution, and it becomes a bash session, they tend to walk away... plus its Holiday time... they might be busy...

The problem with this theory is that this has been an ongoing serious issue for not just the last few weeks, not even the last few months, but for the last few years... And MANY of us have been extraordinarily supportive and patient... And nothing changed, and we didn't see any improvement in communication.  In fact, if anything it's gotten worse.  So if they are "feeling" talked down to, they only have themselves or the management to blame, not their customers.

The fact is they have created a dysfunctional relationship between themselves and their customers, and likely explains one of the reasons Sony is struggling right now as a business.

I can not say I disagree, yet at the same time... we need to remember they are human just like us... I have been mad about this subject for a long time... yet if we approch it hostil, then Hostility is what we also will be met with, I talk form experiance... I am not saying what is happening is right, yet maybe there is a better solution, for Us as well as them... (I hate to say it like that, Us and them... some of them are part of us as well) If you look I have many times found Customer service from Sony less then up to par, and also the marketing they use, lost of Post right here on the forums... Seems like they are not to hard up though, they still pump out product... and people keep buying, that is part of the Problem as well, we buy even though we might not be happy with the product... that shouold be the first thing we do is refuse to buy if the product is not up to par... then they would fix it so we would buy again, yet with so many that is a feat in its self... Supply and demand works both ways, with Products and Customer service...

I'm sorry but your text is exceptionally hard to read with your current color choice, hence my change above.

I still do not agree with your suggestion that we have to be "nicer" to staff in order for them to respond. Business does not work like this in the real world. Remember, the customer is always right and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Perhaps some members of management are ill-suited for customer service relations. I do believe Cade tweeted about a list of community manager suggestions within the last month or so....I'll take a look and repost it if I can find it. ironic he doesnt follow the suggestions therein if he felt it was "on the mark".

Message 182 of 189 (192 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Just to be clear.. As an example Sony should kneel to unreasonable, demanding customers no matter what? Although I believe in the need for communication especially in a world like Home  with the slogan

"The customer is always right" abusive customers can demand just about anything – they’re right by definition, aren’t they?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 183 of 189 (185 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 29, 2012

As always and for the past 4 years the level of communication has been lets say null. This is growing ever so tiresome and then when we post comments in the forum we actually get overwhelmed by people wanting to virtual punch the people writing the comments. To me the forum was made to communicate with the moderators of home on the ps home thread but when you post a comment people come on and start bashing the people posting so i dont post anything anymore this is a forum not a boxing ring. Thank You

Message 184 of 189 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3148 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

myalana wrote:

Patchex wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Patchex wrote:

I can not say I disagree, yet at the same time... we need to remember they are human just like us... I have been mad about this subject for a long time... yet if we approach it hostile, then Hostility is what we also will be met with, I talk form experience... I am not saying what is happening is right, yet maybe there is a better solution, for Us as well as them... (I hate to say it like that, Us and them... some of them are part of us as well) If you look I have many times found Customer service from Sony less then up to par, and also the marketing they use, lost of Post right here on the forums... Seems like they are not to hard up though, they still pump out product... and people keep buying, that is part of the Problem as well, we buy even though we might not be happy with the product... that should be the first thing we do is refuse to buy if the product is not up to par... then they would fix it so we would buy again, yet with so many that is a feat in its self... Supply and demand works both ways, with Products and Customer service...

I'm sorry but your text is exceptionally hard to read with your current color choice, hence my change above.

I still do not agree with your suggestion that we have to be "nicer" to staff in order for them to respond. Business does not work like this in the real world. Remember, the customer is always right and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Perhaps some members of management are ill-suited for customer service relations. I do believe Cade tweeted about a list of community manager suggestions within the last month or so....I'll take a look and repost it if I can find it. ironic he doesn't follow the suggestions therein if he felt it was "on the mark".

Sorry that everyone finds my color choice hard to read yet its the color I like the best... lol 

You don't have to agree with me, that's your right to freedom of speech, a really great thing here on the NA forums... Yet at the same time, I am glad you atleast read it... 

I still stand by my choice of words though... more flies with honey over vinegar type thing. I can't say that every staff member I have come across was nice and cordial or professional, yet that does not mean we have to be rude to ask for what we want... For instance... I will continue to ask in the HOME suggestion thread that the Devs please stop the price gouging, yet at the same time, I will try my best to be nice to Glasswalls when asking, its not his fault the Devs are charging 10 dollars for one digital item and so on, and they have little control of it from what I understand. 

I have manytimes wanted to Smash my PS3 or throw my controller or shake a virtual Staff member till they understand our frustration lol, yet I have not done so... I have seen some of the things I ask for Made or fixed, just not all... as for the no communication, thats not true, we have seen them in here and all over the threads... yet there are only so many of them and tons of us... 

I am not saying that I agree with the level of communication we get or I would probably not be in this thread at all, yet I do not agree that the communication is none or non existent. 

Alot of our issues are not SONY's or their staffs Fault... Lots of Blame falls on the Devs... (not all yet lots.) Examples of this are stuff like Heavy waters RC Rally or Mercia. Both Games that the Beta Testers did their Jobs in letting them know the glitches and then the programmers either didn't want to fix the glitches, or didn't know how, and instead of trying to fix them, they just marketed them anyway, with out patches and fixes. Do you think that is the SONY staffs fault? Or Mods Faults? No that is the fault of the Devs and Programmers. Communication with these devs was established, yet kinda fell on Deaf ears. I think that it would be better if Sony would step in and say if it doesn't work it can not be released, yet not sure if they can do that at this point.

On the other hand though, we can say that the communication is lacking due to a few reasons... Customer service is a Start... Many see that if you have issues and call the Sony number they tell you to come back to the forums. I think that HOME should have its own section in the automated service and at least one Phone tech to help with problems, kinda like what Joystick does here in the forums. Just think at one time there was no one Like Joystick here to try and help with Problems. We have HOME mods and HCVs and HOME guides. 

Back to the Dev thing... Company's sometimes have their own forums... Like Loot just opened their own forums. Yet I am not sure if this is the best thing. Then we have to yet go threw another Channel to get communication established, yet at least they made the effort to try and open yet another line of Communication. So some are trying. 

Also Like I stated in a previous post, I don't think that the problems thread should be closed to reg. posters like us. Joysticks issue thread is locked and we can not post there, so what we get is Scattering of tons of Issues in tons of places instead of just one place. Yet at the same time I can understand them not wanting one thread to be ruined with nasty comments and folks who think like you Myalana. Folks who think its ok to be as rude as they want to the Staff and Mods. If they were as rude to us as some of you are to them, we would have no communication, it would then just be a bash fest.  

I often talk about respect. I can not say that I think we get the level of respect we should as the customers, (or consumers) cause I dont think a ten dollar digital item with no real play value is a respectful price, or Putting content that is degrading to woman is respectful to the females in HOME, yet that does not mean we as the Customers should be as rude and disrespectful as some of the people and comments that I see... and this is the reason we need MODS... if the forums and HOME were always friendly and clean, they would not have to Delete posts, and bann folks and such. If you were getting talked down to and cursed at or Sexually harassed,  would you want to communicate with those Folks? I think not, unless you just get off on negativity. I have seen this in the early years of the HUB, I left the Xi project and testing and development of HOME exactly for the Reasons we see here. Sexual Harassment, crude behavior, disrespect and nastiness along with some other stuff... I can only imagine what some of them have to deal with now that HOME has 2 million people or so... When I delt with it there might have been a few hundred people if even. So dealing with that on a small level was to much for me to handle, it must be extremely unpleasant now with the numbers at least ten times what I was seeing in 07. 

People are unpredictable, and sometimes just downright nasty. We don't need to be nasty to get what we think is appropriate service or communication. We should continue to try and get it to a place we are all comfortable with. It is quite clear that its not at a place it should be, yet things take time. If we want to have better communication, we all need to be better communicators. Organize a set of things we would like to see changed, and ask for them with respect. We work with them, and they work with us, that's how its supposed to work... 

Yet if the majority of folks just keep buying, even when things are broken, SONY and the Devs will have not real reason to change any of the things we are asking them to change. If they continue to make money even when we complain, they don't see any issue... they would still make profit and not have to change anything, lower cost for them, yet if that changed, and we did not buy when things are broken or Glitched and such, they would take a step back and rethink the Communication and Issues to keep the company out of the Red.... sadly we are not dealing with one entity. We are dealing with What like at least 30 dev companys and Sony staff that is separate and divided into different sections. 

That I think is also a huge problem we are facing in the communication department, to many cooks in the kitchen, and to many hands in the cookie jar.... When the Hub went from one Group doing most stuff and became ten or so different Dev companys, it became a competition on with company could make what and the most money, instead of one Collective unit working together to improve the Program.

Photobucket
Message 185 of 189 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

Just to be clear.. As an example Sony should kneel to unreasonable, demanding customers no matter what? Although I believe in the need for communication especially in a world like Home  with the slogan

"The customer is always right" abusive customers can demand just about anything – they’re right by definition, aren’t they?

No Jers, take old adages with a grain of salt please. I was not suggesting that every ridiculous demand should be fulfilled by management. Some seem to think however that it's perfectly fine for staff to ignore the community because certain folks aren't "nice enough" to them. This is business, not grade school where we are taught to play nice with others. Some will be nice, some won't, and some of us lost our patience quite some time ago.

I could conversely argue that they didn't "play nice " or by those same rules  when in the past members of the community have posted and politely asked for some clarification on matters. Why doesn't the same set of rules apply to them? Really, friendship and personal relationships aside, this is business.

I don't expect to have to make friends with the head of the service department when the car I purchased starts acting up. It would expect them to politely apologize, promise to take a look at the vehicle, report back to me and tell me what can be done. All the while, I expect to be addressed in a courteous and respectful manner. If you settle for less Jers, that's your choice, but I think it is foolish of you to suggest that everyone else should as well.

Message 186 of 189 (148 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

jimmyboy1964_18 wrote:

As always and for the past 4 years the level of communication has been lets say null. This is growing ever so tiresome and then when we post comments in the forum we actually get overwhelmed by people wanting to virtual punch the people writing the comments. To me the forum was made to communicate with the moderators of home on the ps home thread but when you post a comment people come on and start bashing the people posting so i dont post anything anymore this is a forum not a boxing ring. Thank You

I know at times many are quick to defend anything to do with Home. Often these are people who have an "inside edge" or a relationship (be it friendship or a business relationship) with staff. This current state of affairs does little but cause rifts and misunderstandings among the community. This IS the official means of communication for all things Home related yes. It just seems that communication is a one-way street. It's a shame that members are driven away when staff takes no part in replying to concerns. We shouldn't just be left to guess and offer our own solutions all of the time.

*patchex, I'm sorry but I really cannot read a thing you post without highlighting the entire reply first. You make good points, but I'm fairly certain that many don't jump through the hoops of changing settings or highlighting your post in order to read it. It's up to you what color you use, I just think many can't even see what you've written.

Message 187 of 189 (135 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

One thing thats fairly obvious is the fact that this thread hasn't been locked and stamped with the "This discussion has run its course" roadblock.

That alone, is pretty indicative that they are aware of the community rifts they are responsible for creating, due to a highly visible lack of communication. Threads along these lines have been shut down in the past and it looks like their reasoning now is to leave an open thread for discussion so people dont continue creating more.

With that being said, there are those that play devils advocate and defend Sony's every step. Due to reasons Myalana stated in the previous post.

myalana wrote:

I know at times many are quick to defend anything to do with Home. Often these are people who have an "inside edge" or a relationship (be it friendship or a business relationship) with staff. This current state of affairs does little but cause rifts and misunderstandings among the community. This IS the official means of communication for all things Home related yes. It just seems that communication is a one-way street. It's a shame that members are driven away when staff takes no part in replying to concerns. We shouldn't just be left to guess and offer our own solutions all of the time.

So basically they dont need to defend themselves especially when we are being told from within the community that they dont owe us any explanations.

Even Charles Manson and Bernie Madoff had defense teams. How ironic is that ?

Message 188 of 189 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3148 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

I like my purple, and sadly everyone keeps complaining about the color, When the Screen was White it showed up Great, I use a Dark skin and I can read it... Yet Maybe My eyes are just used to it. Thanks for saying I make good Posts... again sorry its hard for you to read, yet I have been posting with purple for as long as I knew I could. Aqua is my Second fav. color, does this work better?

I could post till My face matches my purple text color, yet sometimes I think HOME just went too far down the wrong roads... I dislike thinking that way honestly, yet sometimes I wonder if all the time I spend in HOME (besides the personal relations, ofcourse, and the ocational good game like Sodium) is a waste of time, just like Posting... We could all Speak (or text) till we are blue in the face, and still not see any real changes, I wish it was not that way, yet anyone of us (the majority of the Community) have no real say in what happens... its really a pretty crappy feeling.

Photobucket
Message 189 of 189 (91 Views)