Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:

There has to be a limit to the number of items in a personal space because the PS3's memory isn't infinite.

 


PS3's memory or Sony servers?  Because in case you didnt know our furniture is saved on our HDD and I have plenty of memory

Who exactly moderates the moderators?  <-- This is a question I would love answered.  How about are forums monitored and by whom?

Message 41 of 189 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/17/2011
Offline
1157 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

There has to be a limit to the number of items in a personal space because the PS3's memory isn't infinite.

 


PS3's memory or Sony servers?  Because in case you didnt know our furniture is saved on our HDD and I have plenty of memory

 


That's storage. Memory refers to RAM / ROM.

 

The PS3 has 256MB of system RAM and 256MB of video RAM. That isn't much to work with in 2012.

 

 

 

 

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 42 of 189 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
5453 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I can't speak for the non-English forums. I certainly don't spend time there. I've only recently begun to spend time at the EU forum again.

 

Mia just replaced Palm Tree Phoenix who left. Obviously those on the forum there more than spent time speculating why she left but be that as it may Mia is her replacement. She has only been there a short time so it's hard to know how involved her role will be. From my short observation she does appear to be engaged.

 

It is interesting to note that some of the moderators there appear to interact with the community as well. Lord Ross is one example of that and his title is that of Community Team Moderator. He creates threads and interacts by answering questions and the like. Here is an example of a thread he recently created on that forum.

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/What-are-you/td-p/17610102

 

I don't know if she has added responsibilities similar to our Digital Platform Managers or whether she simply focuses on Home related content. Her formal title is Home Community Co-ordinator.

 


 

 

I really agree with all of this to be honest. You guys should be getting the same level as interaction as we do and it's very clear that you don't. It's ashame really.

 

LordRoss does not get the credit he deserves. He has always been a solid member of our community and yes he does come on Home, regularly in fact. He was a member of the forums on EU long before he even became a moderator, everyone know's him and loves him because he has the community at heart and he makes sure that our voices and opinions are heard.

 


I really hope you guys get someone like this, you deserve it!

 

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 43 of 189 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Offline
3846 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

TSUNADE1224 tsuggested in:

Danger_Dad wrote:

There has to be a limit to the number of items in a personal space because the PS3's memory isn't infinite.

 


PS3's memory or Sony servers?  Because in case you didnt know our furniture is saved on our HDD and I have plenty of memory

Who exactly moderates the moderators?  <-- This is a question I would love answered.  How about are forums monitored and by whom?


:^/ My understanding is that the 3D furniture models are not stored on our hard drives, and that only our settings files are. The actual model files are loaded through the Internet every time we access a space. And it's the RAM which is the limiting factor.

 

Message 44 of 189 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:

TSUNADE1224 tsuggested in:

Danger_Dad wrote:

There has to be a limit to the number of items in a personal space because the PS3's memory isn't infinite.

 


PS3's memory or Sony servers?  Because in case you didnt know our furniture is saved on our HDD and I have plenty of memory

Who exactly moderates the moderators?  <-- This is a question I would love answered.  How about are forums monitored and by whom?


:^/ My understanding is that the 3D furniture models are not stored on our hard drives, and that only our settings files are. The actual model files are loaded through the Internet every time we access a space. And it's the RAM which is the limiting factor.

 


Which brings us back to Mya's original post about lack of communication on the part of Sony and or Mod's.  Your understanding is not what I understand, thats not to say you are wrong or vise versa, it just goes to show that the lack of communication leads people to assume and or pass on information that may or may not be correct.

Message 45 of 189 (225 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I can't speak for the non-English forums. I certainly don't spend time there. I've only recently begun to spend time at the EU forum again.

 

Mia just replaced Palm Tree Phoenix who left. Obviously those on the forum there more than spent time speculating why she left but be that as it may Mia is her replacement. She has only been there a short time so it's hard to know how involved her role will be. From my short observation she does appear to be engaged.

 

It is interesting to note that some of the moderators there appear to interact with the community as well. Lord Ross is one example of that and his title is that of Community Team Moderator. He creates threads and interacts by answering questions and the like. Here is an example of a thread he recently created on that forum.

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/What-are-you/td-p/17610102

 

I don't know if she has added responsibilities similar to our Digital Platform Managers or whether she simply focuses on Home related content. Her formal title is Home Community Co-ordinator.

 


 

 

I really agree with all of this to be honest. You guys should be getting the same level as interaction as we do and it's very clear that you don't. It's ashame really.

 

LordRoss does not get the credit he deserves. He has always been a solid member of our community and yes he does come on Home, regularly in fact. He was a member of the forums on EU long before he even became a moderator, everyone know's him and loves him because he has the community at heart and he makes sure that our voices and opinions are heard.

 


I really hope you guys get someone like this, you deserve it!

 


Do you know Vicki if Mia uses Home as well? I suspect she does but I'm just curious. 

Message 46 of 189 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I can't speak for the non-English forums. I certainly don't spend time there. I've only recently begun to spend time at the EU forum again.

 

Mia just replaced Palm Tree Phoenix who left. Obviously those on the forum there more than spent time speculating why she left but be that as it may Mia is her replacement. She has only been there a short time so it's hard to know how involved her role will be. From my short observation she does appear to be engaged.

 

It is interesting to note that some of the moderators there appear to interact with the community as well. Lord Ross is one example of that and his title is that of Community Team Moderator. He creates threads and interacts by answering questions and the like. Here is an example of a thread he recently created on that forum.

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/What-are-you/td-p/17610102

 

I don't know if she has added responsibilities similar to our Digital Platform Managers or whether she simply focuses on Home related content. Her formal title is Home Community Co-ordinator.

 


 

 

I really agree with all of this to be honest. You guys should be getting the same level as interaction as we do and it's very clear that you don't. It's ashame really.

 

LordRoss does not get the credit he deserves. He has always been a solid member of our community and yes he does come on Home, regularly in fact. He was a member of the forums on EU long before he even became a moderator, everyone know's him and loves him because he has the community at heart and he makes sure that our voices and opinions are heard.

 


I really hope you guys get someone like this, you deserve it!

 


Yes I envy the EU community Vicki. I lurk on your forums, but rarely post there. It may not be as "busy" as ours, but it amazes me what a part your staff plays. We used to have more of that...I hope we can again. I think it brings you all together...shows there's more to it than just "spend,spend,spend".

I've always admired your LordRoss. We haven't had such an active staff member in quite some time. Please send my regards Vicki and ask him to reinstate my visa. Cheers.

Message 47 of 189 (216 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
5453 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I can't speak for the non-English forums. I certainly don't spend time there. I've only recently begun to spend time at the EU forum again.

 

Mia just replaced Palm Tree Phoenix who left. Obviously those on the forum there more than spent time speculating why she left but be that as it may Mia is her replacement. She has only been there a short time so it's hard to know how involved her role will be. From my short observation she does appear to be engaged.

 

It is interesting to note that some of the moderators there appear to interact with the community as well. Lord Ross is one example of that and his title is that of Community Team Moderator. He creates threads and interacts by answering questions and the like. Here is an example of a thread he recently created on that forum.

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/What-are-you/td-p/17610102

 

I don't know if she has added responsibilities similar to our Digital Platform Managers or whether she simply focuses on Home related content. Her formal title is Home Community Co-ordinator.

 


 

 

I really agree with all of this to be honest. You guys should be getting the same level as interaction as we do and it's very clear that you don't. It's ashame really.

 

LordRoss does not get the credit he deserves. He has always been a solid member of our community and yes he does come on Home, regularly in fact. He was a member of the forums on EU long before he even became a moderator, everyone know's him and loves him because he has the community at heart and he makes sure that our voices and opinions are heard.

 


I really hope you guys get someone like this, you deserve it!

 


Do you know Vicki if Mia uses Home as well? I suspect she does but I'm just curious. 


 

 

Tbh Jo, I haven't met her or seen her on Home but I sent her a message on the forums a few weeks back and she replied so that's a start Smiley Tongue

 

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 48 of 189 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 28, 2012

Since staff won't reply, I'll once again ask if one of the HCVs or someone else "in the know" tell us WHO exactly oversees Home now? Aren't you allowed to tell the community that even?

Message 49 of 189 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2006
Offline
4392 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

myalana wrote:

Since staff won't reply, I'll once again ask if one of the HCVs or someone else "in the know" tell us WHO exactly oversees Home now? Aren't you allowed to tell the community that even?


An answer isn't being given because the answer is no one.

The ship is sailing, there are crew doing their jobs.

Engineers in the Engine room.

Bowsmen on the Deck.

 

But there is no Captain at the wheel.

No First officer at their side.

No Navigator on duty.

 

The Bridge is empty.

 

 

 

 

.

 


 


 


 


Be One With The Game.

Message 50 of 189 (167 Views)