First Son
10 posts

Re: Are Fams Good For Home?

Jul 26, 2013

"Furthermore, there have been plenty of reasons given as to why people join Fams, one of the major reasons being that it is difficult to make friends for some"

lol well thats rather ironic when you consider that a major part of why its difficult to make friends in the first place is the attitude that the vast majority of fam members have and encourage in others

btw people in religious cults are also looking for something to be a part of some friends to meet or whatever

does that justify the overall purpose of the cult? or the ideals it instills in its members?

Message 211 of 217 (260 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 26, 2013

It's all about having fun. If a fam is doing that and not causing grief for the community I think it's fine. It's really nothing more than a club type organization. 

If the objective is to annoy other users well that's another issue. 

Message 212 of 217 (254 Views)
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jul 28, 2013
You're argument is fallacious. Comparing this topic to that of a cult is unrelated.
www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Message 213 of 217 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
10 posts

Jul 30, 2013

CathedralDream wrote:
You're argument is fallacious. Comparing this topic to that of a cult is unrelated.

lol you basically dismiss my point but can't even elaborate on why...

if you can't see that the reality is that fams are basically cults then there really is no point in discussing this further with you

ask any fam member these things and the majority will not be able to answer

what are the motivations of your leader for making his fam/ why was it founded ( as with a cult most do not know )

why do you think its necessary to subjugate yourself to someone on the internet and take on their ideals as your own to make friends ( again many will not be able to answer as with cult members ) 

why did you join the fam in the first place? (some wil not be able to answer and those that do will answer with some nonsense about wanting to be part of something as with cult members)

when you really take a step back and look at it they really are cults

Message 214 of 217 (207 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 14, 2014

fams are weird yet confusing. all they do is fight and no they are not good for home. mabe the lower teir ones. the ones that are actually doing something and not posting silly vids of people  getting quote on quote "roasting a **bleep**"

im the ultimate defender none shal pa.... WHAT!!!!!! noooooooo

*flag scored by enemy*
Message 215 of 217 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Apr 15, 2014

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

We've all seen them - We've all been approached by them...

Whether you love them or hate them,,, Fams, gangs, crews whatever you choose to call them - they are a part of the Home landscape and seem to be here to stay...

I have never been in a gang,,, simply because I like to do my own thing,,, I have enough people telling me what to do in real life,,, I don't need someone on Home telling me how to dress and act.

Someone had once convinced me to go undercover so that I could write an editorial on Home gangs,,, but after ten minutes of reading text chat of the most butchered version of the English language - I dropped the idea to save what was left of my I.Q. points...

So I have had to study these gangs/fams/crews from a far...

When I have come to notice is that the try to recruit people to bolster their position in the Fam... It might seem silly to some,,, but to that person that has been on Home for months and has not made any friends,,, a Fam is a godsend...

One of the requirments of being in a Fam is that you have to follow the dress code - That usually means having to purchase clothes - that brings revenue to Home...

If I were Sony or Lochwood I would jump on that bandwagon and start pumping out more color coordinated urban theme clothing...

I don't really know too much of the bad elements of Fams/Gangs/Crews other then they hog up the bowling alley and the Dolphy races and they like to verbally fight with one another...

Feel free to let your experiance with Fams be known...

From my POV is see a powerful fraction who might sway some changes in Home over the next year  - I just hope Home doesn't become too ghetto...

http://i54.tinypic.com/20ae4jq.jpg

I agree they are like brainwashing you this is why fam are called fam because they threat you like a mother going in a big trouble i can do what i want with my avatar your not the boss of me I'm myself your not me my avatar my home

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 216 of 217 (119 Views)
VP of Gaming
28239 posts

Apr 15, 2014

alpharougewarx wrote:

fams are weird yet confusing. all they do is fight and no they are not good for home. mabe the lower teir ones. the ones that are actually doing something and not posting silly vids of people  getting quote on quote "roasting a **bleep**"

This thread has been inactive since July 30, 2013. Thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention. We all forgot it had existed.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 217 of 217 (115 Views)