Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: Are Fams Good For Home?

Jul 23, 2011

Aeternitas33 wrote:

That's a questionable assertion given that they drive Sony's consumers away from Home. If one gang member drives one person away from Home, that nullifies any financial benefit to Sony from that gang member's purchases. If one gang member drives just two people away from Home, they are costing Sony money.

I don't know one gang member that is in a fam. It's Home, get serious. I don't see them driving customers away either. The people that are most responsible for driving people away from Home are those weirdos that try to date everyone in Central Plaza. You know the type, the one's in default clothing. Putting them and someone in a fam on the same level doesn't sound right.

Message 111 of 217 (109 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Jul 23, 2011

how is two fams arguing considered gang activity? its two groups arguing, nothing more. That's like saying that a debate is gang activity. And If someone was run off by people harassing them, i can see the problem there. But leaving because of the two fams arguing is not anyone's fault but that persons when all they had to do is ignore and move to a different spot in the public space away from the fam.  Also, those people who hate fams and always have a smart remark to say when a family greets each other are no better than what they claim to be against.  If you don't like families, then ignore them, don't put in your rude comments in a text bubble if no one is disrespecting you or even talking to you because that is only instigating a conflict.  If you don't like something, ignore that it's there and don't associate with it.  There are plenty of fam's including my own that will not go around disrespecting people and we ignore these ignorant comments from anti-fam people all the time.  Just know that you are no better when you act that way.

F.C.F. Family Comes First
Message 112 of 217 (109 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Two gangs of families on Seaside of Memories issuing threats of violence, talk of killing and murdering each other, doing a drive by on their real houses and addresses  and killing their real families. My bad, this was just good ole family values being discussed between two loving groups of people.

Message 113 of 217 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Just because you have not seen any gang activity, does not mean it's not  on Home. You stated: "It's Home get serious". Tell that to the all the people who were chased off Seaside of Memories by two waring Gang Fams fighting with each other a few weeks ago. 

Message 114 of 217 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Since every person is different, this means every fam is different as well.  Each has their own agenda and ways to achieve such.  Therefor, one can't classify a fam in a general term without it meaning all clubs in Home.

But, yes, I know of the groups people are commenting the most about.  They are aggresive and it seems their only purpose is to recruit, grow, and harass other groups.  Are they good for Home?  I propose the question if Home has been good to them.  When you consider what they feel are their options, it's easy to understand why they choose to behave in this manner.

Imagine you've been in Home for a few weeks, and you've had little luck in making friends.  You decide to start a fam, and you begin recruiting.  You easily find people all over that are happy to feel a part of something, and your numbers start to grow.  There's one problem though, you can't seem to keep anyone.  People keep quiting your club or they simply stop coming to Home.  What you need is a purpose.  You need something that will make every member feel like they are needed in order to achieve something, anything, but it has to be something that every member can appriciate and stand behind. 

What you need is a war.

A universal enemy is a fantastic tool to cause unity, structure, and drive people to action.  It creates pride, a sence of duty, and most of all it gives purpose.  The most wonderful thing about this concept is it's never ending.  There is always an enemy, because the enemy is them.  They.  It's everyone who's not us.  Every day gives birth to new fams, and the war continues to thrive and build upon itself.

There's no stopping this.  It'll always be a part of Home for as long as there are people who slip through the cracks in our community and then naturally choose to form their own community.  What can done is for Home itself to take steps to better promote more constructive uses of clubs and making it much easier for users to find and join said clubs. What better way than to use gaming?

If there was a way where clubs can flag themselves to a specific game, users can search clubs via specific games, and there was a support system to connect clubs for the purpose of compitition with an award system, we would then see not only a dramatic drop in these cancerous type of groups, but also rises in possitive community relations and in the static population of Home in general.

More people will come to Home, more people will stay with Home, and everyone will be happier.

Message 115 of 217 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Imagine you're in Home and you pull up your PDA, go into clubs, and you see a new option; "Recomended Clubs".  Curious, you select it.

Home then scans your trophies and uses that to show you a listing of clubs that specialize in games you own, have been active in the last 30 days, and are currently accepting new members.  You find one that seems interesting and select it where you are shown their fully customisable coverscreen every club is allowed to use to promote themselves.  Liking what you see, you decide to apply.

A few days later, you recieve an invite to come to the club and meet the members.  You're wanting in a club, they want a new member, and you all enjoy playing the same game.  Sparks fly, birds sing, and *poof* you're now in a gaming group.  As such you now have access into the club's support program where you can access your fellow members stats, see listings of other clubs of the same game, and schedual Official Home Tournaments.  Through these tournaments, any particular club has the oportunity to rise and gain unique awards for being the best in Home.

Message 116 of 217 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jul 23, 2011

KatCall75 wrote:

Imagine you're in Home and you pull up your PDA, go into clubs, and you see a new option; "Recomended Clubs".  Curious, you select it.

Home then scans your trophies and uses that to show you a listing of clubs that specialize in games you own, have been active in the last 30 days, and are currently accepting new members.  You find one that seems interesting and select it where you are shown their fully customisable coverscreen every club is allowed to use to promote themselves.  Liking what you see, you decide to apply.

A few days later, you recieve an invite to come to the club and meet the members.  You're wanting in a club, they want a new member, and you all enjoy playing the same game.  Sparks fly, birds sing, and *poof* you're now in a gaming group.  As such you now have access into the club's support program where you can access your fellow members stats, see listings of other clubs of the same game, and schedual Official Home Tournaments.  Through these tournaments, any particular club has the oportunity to rise and gain unique awards for being the best in Home.

I wonder how long that would take?

"Scanning...................................................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................DNS error 3505 - you have been disconnected from the network"

*on a personal note - why are your "responsing to yourself"  hehehehehe 

JPConway

Message 117 of 217 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 23, 2011

JPConway wrote:

I wonder how long that would take?

"Scanning...................................................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................DNS error 3505 - you have been disconnected from the network"

...I can't think of everything.

JPConway wrote:

*on a personal note - why are your "responsing to yourself"  hehehehehe 

Because no one wuvs me and I'm eating my lunch alone.  I'm having pears, btw, want one?

Message 118 of 217 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Jul 23, 2011

*gives Catnip another cookie*

KatCall75 wrote:

Because no one wuvs me and I'm eating my lunch alone.

Message 119 of 217 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Catnip, although I do tend to agree with your analysis of the problem, I'm just not sure of your solution. So I'd like to give you some food for thought, to see what you can come up with.

To begin, I'm no expert on these groups by any means, but it seems to me that they *are* using games (and game spaces) to associate with others of like minds, and that they are using the club system to organize themselves. However, these games are negative in the sense that they model criminal behavior, and so naturally the club system is being used to model criminal families.

In other words, what you are prescribing as the solution, I view as yet another facet of the problem. The question, how can you get these individuals to switch their interests to more positive types of games? Is such a thing even possible?

And on a more practical note, how would you find people to lead these clubs? A club with weak leadership may not be much better than belonging to no club at all I would think.

Message 120 of 217 (109 Views)
0 Likes