Fender Bender
3473 posts

Re: Anyone satisfied with Xi2?

Jan 28, 2013

I really think that Xi should go back to how it started. Built by the community for the Commuinty. More Broad Clues, more Outreach, and better fan base threw word of mouth and better communication between those involved, yet it seems those kinda days in HOME are hard to come by with the numbers we deal with. 

Yet even with that said, maybe have Ndreams do a contest of sorts, or maybe not call it a contest, something like a Clue writing collective. Have people write Xi related clues and share them (this time though have it known in advance that the clue writers are helping Devs and not just other community members, so when it goes to production or is marketed, the folks involved dont feel jaded and tricked. It would also help not to Ask one of the most involved community friends to marry you before you know if they are married or not.) Any way, I think that commuinty involvement in Xi should be more.... I am still not happy with a price for the Game its self... Sure, want to make money off Extras, like the Agents and Furniture, yet the idea for Xi was not a Dev company's Idea, and the game its self is so much better then just a mini game made for those willing to pay, bring back the ARG, aspects that made Xi exciting. Just looking at it, you can totally tell its not the same kinda game. 

I did not part with my money for this one, and I am glad I did not. However some say that the content was worth the price. For them I am happy they got what they were looking for. I am not saying its Shallow, cause some of my friends really like the items. I personally and a gamer, and ALWAYS wanted to see Xi prosper for good reasons... Sadly I see this fake extention of the game as a huge let down... yet again I am glad it happended, maybe they will learn from thier mistakes, Like I do on a daily basis. If your Reading This Patrick and Joey or who ever is still on the new Xi team. My offer still stands... I am always willing to help make the new ones like I promised. Yet I also think you should have left the main game free to play. I don't think any ammount of Fake Gold crap will ever change my mind on that subject... No amount of Visually apealing Content either. I was always here for the game... The Friends are a huge nice Bonus... yet with out the Game, the friends are not as interested in chilling and talking about the game... which defeats the purpose of Xi. Better Luck on the Next one... 

Photobucket
Message 11 of 32 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I want to copy and paste your response  Smiley Tongue  But I will just quote you.   Smiley Wink

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Not much more to add than what has been said already.

I don't regret my decision to buy the game. The Continuum and Vertigo apartment have been cool enough to explore and observe while they evolved.  I do like the Stapler trophy for completing the game.

Unfortunately, there were more cons than pros over the 47 day period.

Too many days that consisted of reading a holomail and gathering a couple fragments. Then, most of the missions consisted of little more than playing the card game, walking around the Continuum or doing some silly online puzzle. There was no real strategy or challenge involved in any of it. The gameplay felt like going through the motions each day.

The storyline itself was convoluted and not terribly interesting either. In the end, I can't really say that I know exactly what happened, why it happened or who was responsible for anything. Maybe the mysteries of the Continuum were not revealed or maybe I just stopped paying attention about 3 weeks ago. I don't find myself caring either way.

People who use Home, myself included, are willing to participate is some awfully repetitive and mundane activities in order to earn the rewards. Aurora Champions apartment and Gold VICKIE come to mind. Unfortunately, Xi:C failed in that respect as well.  The Stapler trophy is decent enough and I do appreciate the apartment expansions as rewards. The only other rewards were new associate cards for a game that I have no desire to play again. The cards were helpful but not really necessary to complete the missions. Some of the challenges to be completed were of little consequence within the game nor for earning rewards. Why did I go to the trouble of winning 100 games at Snowcrash and gather all 100 fragments? I have no idea. It seems like a waste of time in hindsight. There was no reward granted for completing all the challenges in the game.

I've said it already and I'll say it again. I think that access to Chapter 2 would be an appropriate reward for completing the challenges in Chapter 1. It would give purpose to the challenge board, smooth over some discontent for dissatisfied customers and maybe encourage some holdouts to buy Chapter 1. If nDreams has any hope of turning Xi into a franchise, they need to expand or maintain their audience, at the very least. They need more people to buy Chapter 1 with some incentive to play on. I don't see any chance of those scenarios unless they do something fairly drastic for Chapter 2. Based on customer response for Chapter 1, the next installment will be dead on arrival.

To bad it's too late to make changes to the next episode other than adding a few rewards that it seems they plan on.    Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 32 (280 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Since I can't really give myself a kudo, I gave you one, Kane. Smiley Wink
castle3
Message 13 of 32 (271 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
Since I can't really give myself a kudo, I gave you one, Kane. Smiley Wink

You got one from someone. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 32 (268 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't aware of the ability to replay the game.

If you have some spare time, would someone post a few examples of the websites Joyce mentioned?

Danger_Dad wrote:

I liked how the newer story tied into the original, to the extent of even hiring the same actress again.

Is she really an actress or one of the developer's relatives?

Patchex wrote:

It would also help not to Ask one of the most involved community friends to marry you before you know if they are married or not.

If your Reading This Patrick and Joey or who ever is still on the new Xi team. My offer still stands... I am always willing to help make the new ones like I promised.

Huh??

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 15 of 32 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12499 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013
Message 16 of 32 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I like the game and the space. Like everyone else said the card battle game left much to be disired but I guess they are dealing with how much they can put in the game. Now that  this part is done I am hoping for more of a game experience. Something like a real villian take the XI out of the hands of geeks and put in the hands of a greedy corporation like the ones we have in real life. Add actuall fighing instead of the cards and they will have a hit on their hands. If n-dreams include avatar fighting make 2 or 3 guys and we go on with our mission after all we are agents.

Message 17 of 32 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 29, 2013

overall it was ok. a bit over priced. if the wins you need were based on the number of rounds you won and not matches then it would have been better. also playing the puzzles of just going up and down to the right letter or number isn't really a puzzle.  it would have been better if there was more of the match the person with the job puzzle where your actually figuring out things throught process of elimination like a real puzzle.

Message 18 of 32 (192 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I played through all of Xi:C and was extremely disappointed.  The original Xi had something new to do every week.  This Xi just recycled the same game mechanics over and over again - do a card fight, track down an object in the city, do another card fight, play this puzzle where you trace a line through different letters over and over again.  These 'activities' were thrown at us time and time again, and it just showed me how little effort was put into this rendition of the game.  The only variants was when we had to do a google map trace (which I loved) and one logic puzzle (again, I loved).

It was neat to see the actress for Jess return, but even that was done poorly.  We got a couple of videos for her early on along with voice-over, but in the last two-thirds of the game, pretty much everything was all text or avatar animation with no real-world interactions anymore.  This made the game feel completely lifeless and impersonal.  In the first Xi, they went as far as to have a song writer sing a song to us in a video we watched in the middle of a Home party.  Now, we just get text and emoticon-level headshots of somebody and that's it.

I remember in the old Xi where new spaces were introduced every two or three weeks containing fully fledged, interactive avatar games for us to enjoy, like the giant arcade room, the text adventures, the mazes, woods races.  All of those were fun and I really appreciated the work put into them by the developer.  It just amazes me that all of that stuff was offered to us for free back then, and now we have to pay almost $9 for this, and all we get is a handful of heavily recycled, mind-numbing crap that felt completely half-assed.

Somebody said before that it would be cool if in the next episode Xi was taken over by an evil corporation and we had to fight it.  Well, I feel like episode one showed us that Xi has already been taken over by an evil corporation that only cares about money and has completely lost sight of the end-user experience and what made Xi stand out in the first place.

Message 19 of 32 (159 Views)
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Can't add much since most of it has been said. Its not a bad game but it it clearly does not live up to alot of people's expectations including mine. It seems the original Xi was a much better game than this.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 20 of 32 (138 Views)