Fender Bender
2705 posts

Re: Anyone satisfied with Xi2?

Feb 1, 2013

I played it and at the beginning I thought it stunk. After I got into it I thought it was average although at times I'd a given it an 8 of 10.

The endings was disappointing because

Spoiler
I thought at the countdown when I went back to my apartment I had saved the Continuum but others have indicated otherwise. The way I figure it if I leave my Xi2 apt and can still go into the Xi2 public space, it must still be there and thus saved. Unless I;m going back in a time machine. 

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 21 of 32 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3466 posts

Feb 1, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't aware of the ability to replay the game.

If you have some spare time, would someone post a few examples of the websites Joyce mentioned?

Danger_Dad wrote:

I liked how the newer story tied into the original, to the extent of even hiring the same actress again.

Is she really an actress or one of the developer's relatives?

Patchex wrote:

It would also help not to Ask one of the most involved community friends to marry you before you know if they are married or not.

If your Reading This Patrick and Joey or who ever is still on the new Xi team. My offer still stands... I am always willing to help make the new ones like I promised.

Huh??

Feel free to correct me Ndreams employee's... yet the woman was picked by one of her friends in 07 to play the part of Jess the charactor for the Xi videos. The Person who chose her was one of the people working on Xi.  I was asked to Play Jess yet refused due to being pregnant with twins, along with my fear of being on camera and looking stupid, and due to my refusal, many of the people I helped make xi refused to beleive I was a female and were very rude and nasty to me, and shortly after that I left the Program all together because of some moral issues with the company's the corperate take over and people involved. I had helped Start Xi, I also accidently named Stapler. Wrote some clues and helped when and where I could. However I never wanted to be paid for the project, we started it as a gift to a friend that was unhappy about missing an ARG. It was by the community for the community for friends by freinds. Yet Somewhere in the first 8 months or so The company we were testing for got sold, and people in the project somehow wanted to take a monitary approch to the Game. Apparently the person who was supposed to be my Boss if I had stayed with the company asked me to marry him when we were almost finished on the drawing board with Xi. Yet he never asked if I was already married... and it was quite upsetting, esspecially seeing that I was having twins and going threw some other issues at the time. 

I did message Patrick and told him I was still willing to help with Xi when I returned by accident, yet I of course never got a message back from that email message. I also never got a message back from Joey when he messaged me on my XMB.  I only get messages back if I message Stapler directly... yet its been a while from the last time I did that... 

Also was it even the Same actress or just a look alike? 

Photobucket
Message 22 of 32 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Patchex wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

If you have some spare time, would someone post a few examples of the websites Joyce mentioned?

Danger_Dad wrote:

I liked how the newer story tied into the original, to the extent of even hiring the same actress again.

Patchex wrote:

It would also help not to Ask one of the most involved community friends to marry you before you know if they are married or not.

If your Reading This Patrick and Joey or who ever is still on the new Xi team. My offer still stands... I am always willing to help make the new ones like I promised.

Huh??

Feel free to correct me Ndreams employee's... yet the woman was picked by one of her friends in 07 to play the part of Jess the charactor for the Xi videos. The Person who chose her was one of the people working on Xi.  I was asked to Play Jess yet refused due to being pregnant with twins, along with my fear of being on camera and looking stupid, and due to my refusal, many of the people I helped make xi refused to beleive I was a female and were very rude and nasty to me, and shortly after that I left the Program all together because of some moral issues with the company's the corperate take over and people involved. I had helped Start Xi, I also accidently named Stapler. Wrote some clues and helped when and where I could. However I never wanted to be paid for the project, we started it as a gift to a friend that was unhappy about missing an ARG. It was by the community for the community for friends by freinds. Yet Somewhere in the first 8 months or so The company we were testing for got sold, and people in the project somehow wanted to take a monitary approch to the Game. Apparently the person who was supposed to be my Boss if I had stayed with the company asked me to marry him when we were almost finished on the drawing board with Xi. Yet he never asked if I was already married... and it was quite upsetting, esspecially seeing that I was having twins and going threw some other issues at the time. 

I did message Patrick and told him I was still willing to help with Xi when I returned by accident, yet I of course never got a message back from that email message. I also never got a message back from Joey when he messaged me on my XMB.  I only get messages back if I message Stapler directly... yet its been a while from the last time I did that... 

Say what??!?!?!?!?!?! So are u saying ur in UK because nDreams is in UK.... And we know the person playing Jess is an Actress she been on other UK Shows....  So Say What?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 23 of 32 (279 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Nope, 80% of the "game" was running around that colorless space, the first Xi was much much better, and was free. Hate to put it like this, but Xi2 was horrible imo.  

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 24 of 32 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Thanks for the links, CMC. Smiley Happy

Patchex wrote:

the woman was picked by one of her friends in 07 to play the part of Jess the charactor for the Xi videos. The Person who chose her was one of the people working on Xi.  I was asked to Play Jess yet refused due to being pregnant with twins, along with my fear of being on camera and looking stupid, and due to my refusal, many of the people I helped make xi refused to beleive I was a female and were very rude and nasty to me, and shortly after that I left the Program all together because of some moral issues with the company's the corperate take over and people involved. I had helped Start Xi, I also accidently named Stapler. Wrote some clues and helped when and where I could. However I never wanted to be paid for the project, we started it as a gift to a friend that was unhappy about missing an ARG. It was by the community for the community for friends by freinds. Yet Somewhere in the first 8 months or so The company we were testing for got sold, and people in the project somehow wanted to take a monitary approch to the Game. Apparently the person who was supposed to be my Boss if I had stayed with the company asked me to marry him when we were almost finished on the drawing board with Xi. Yet he never asked if I was already married... and it was quite upsetting, esspecially seeing that I was having twins and going threw some other issues at the time.

Fascinating. I appreciate you taking time to explain that. Would you be willing to elaborate more on those moral issues?

Patchex wrote:

It's the same woman, although using the term actress is a stretch.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 25 of 32 (235 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

I played it and at the beginning I thought it stunk. After I got into it I thought it was average although at times I'd a given it an 8 of 10.

"Stunk" and "average" gets it an 8 out of 10.

Are you an American school teacher, by any chance? Smiley Tongue

castle3
Message 26 of 32 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2705 posts

Feb 1, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

"Stunk" and "average" gets it an 8 out of 10.

Are you an American school teacher, by any chance? Smiley Tongue

At times it was more fun and jumped from average to enjoyable or an 8. Average would be 5 or 6. Stunk which it was at the beginning in my opinion was much lower. 

In all I'd give it an average in totality in large part to the ambiguous ending. 

And no I'm not a schoolteacher. But perhaps I should be... or was, but that's irrelevant. Smiley Wink

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 27 of 32 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1864 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Cons:

• Story line - It was fragmented, and motivation for characters were weak or non-existent/never explained.  Most times it seemed as if several people had written several different stories and someone had them cut apart and pieced together into one.
  • Ending - Generally speaking most people play games to win.  Yes the end of the original Xi was a disaster/apocalypse movie within a training exercise, but at least we got to finish our "job".  Will nDreams ever let us live the dream instead of a nightmare? (Smiley Very Happy just a little play on words)
  • Puzzles - I would not label the flash mini-games as actual puzzles.  I would also prefer that puzzles be higher in difficulty.  The part when we were to use real life locations to find where someone was being held was poorly implemented.  The answer was not come to logically, you had to estimate the distances (we were not given speed of travel), then we had to just keep entering cities/streets in the general area until one stuck... I did not feel like I solved anything as there were not enough clues given to logically determine the exact answer without the cypher basically telling me, "Ok, you guessed the right answer finally.".
  • Butterflies - I wish they would have been added into this game in some way, as it is kind of a trademark of Xi and nDreams.
  • Billboards - From the first moment upon entering the Continuum I was expecting the billboards to be used for clues or puzzles.  Perhaps they will be in the next episode? - I hope!
  • Card game - it was OK as part of missions, but having 100 multiplayer wins as a goal... Well, made me hate it.  I know I don't HAVE to complete that goal, but I like to have %100 completion - especially where Xi is concerned.  30 wins would have been sufficiently mind numbingly time consuming.
  • Stapler - If Xi had a mascot, Stapler would be it.  I can understand using our love of the little guy to garner an emotional response when used against us by the bad guys, but to let the gamers see him demolished... Well, just not a good move IMHO, whether it be a copy or simulacrum or whatever.  Not to mention EVERYone seemed like the bad guys in this game - including ourselves!  Which brings me to:
  • Us - If you are going to make us do horrible things, at least give us a choice.  I ended up hating my avatar for following through with most of the missions.  Sure some of us like to play the bad guy occasionally, but we like it to at least be our choice.

Pros (because I want to end on a positive note Smiley Wink):

• Pre-Game Clues/Info - GREAT JOB!  You successfully created the right amount of mystery and generated lots of attention!
  • Coded Street Signs - Awesome to see.  I wish that that they were implemented in puzzles.
  • Return of Xi Characters - It was great that Jess and Stapler were involved in this game (even if I was not happy about how).
  • Intro Mission - If the rest of the game was more like the free game content, I think I would have liked the whole game much MUCH more.  The cut scenes were spectacular, and I enjoyed chasing EFD as well as the warehouse tasks!
  • Graffiti Mission - Now THIS is the kind of puzzles I expected!  Great job on that one!
  • Communication - From the pre-game clues to Joey to Iggy - I really liked hearing from you all!  Even though Iggy wasn't involved with the game, it was pretty cool to see him around the forums.  Joey is about all I could ask for in a Community liaison from a Developer.  He was professional, cares, and listened to our requests/problems with the game. 
  • Fragments - It was fun hunting for them every day!  I especially love that they were not mentioned right off the bat, but left for us to discover on our own (until mentioned later in the game).  I like to explore game spaces and I felt like I had uncovered a secret the first time I collected a fragment.
  • Tracking mission - Although they were a bit on the easy side, they were a fun side amusement.
  • Videos - I really loved seeing the videos!  In fact, I wish there were more of them.
  • Continuum & Vertigo - I thought the design of both spaces were beautiful and unique.  Well done!
  • Apartment Add Ons - I really like this idea as a reward, and enjoyed seeing so many of them unlocking! ( I hope you do add more spawn points though Smiley Wink)
  • Daily interactions - I understand that there are story line days, just as there were in the original Xi (which only had 2 tasks a week).  I looked forward to seeing what might unravel each day (even if I didn't like the way it unraveled ).
  • Costumes - I love that you made the costumes available for purchase this time.  Although I think with the high price of the game, the costume prices were a bit inflated, at least we can dress up as characters! - Which were very nicely designed!
  • New Game Areas - I like that as the game progressed we were granted access to certain areas, and that the space revolved around our progress in general.
  • Qunitia Essentia - I like that the fragments revealed parts of a message... My only gripe with that is that no new information was actually revealed with it. Smiley Sad
  • Community Spirit - Although it was not of nDreams doing, this was easily my favorite part of the game experience.  I hope that nDreams realizes what a huge impact it has on the success of a game, and utilizes the community more in following projects!

Wow!  That was a lot longer than I intended it to be. LOL

Message 28 of 32 (195 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

IRe: Anyone satisfied with Xi2?

Feb 1, 2013

I have been thinking of a way to answer the OP's question & honestly couldn't think of a good way to express my feelings on the whole experience, but I got lucky & Anamri hit it dead on & worded it better than I ever could've lol, so I'll just quote her Smiley Happy,...

anamri wrote:

Cons:

• Story line - It was fragmented, and motivation for characters were weak or non-existent/never explained.  Most times it seemed as if several people had written several different stories and someone had them cut apart and pieced together into one.
  • Ending - Generally speaking most people play games to win.  Yes the end of the original Xi was a disaster/apocalypse movie within a training exercise, but at least we got to finish our "job".  Will nDreams ever let us live the dream instead of a nightmare? (Smiley Very Happy just a little play on words)
  • Puzzles - I would not label the flash mini-games as actual puzzles.  I would also prefer that puzzles be higher in difficulty.  The part when we were to use real life locations to find where someone was being held was poorly implemented.  The answer was not come to logically, you had to estimate the distances (we were not given speed of travel), then we had to just keep entering cities/streets in the general area until one stuck... I did not feel like I solved anything as there were not enough clues given to logically determine the exact answer without the cypher basically telling me, "Ok, you guessed the right answer finally.".
  • Butterflies - I wish they would have been added into this game in some way, as it is kind of a trademark of Xi and nDreams.
  • Billboards - From the first moment upon entering the Continuum I was expecting the billboards to be used for clues or puzzles.  Perhaps they will be in the next episode? - I hope!
  • Card game - it was OK as part of missions, but having 100 multiplayer wins as a goal... Well, made me hate it.  I know I don't HAVE to complete that goal, but I like to have %100 completion - especially where Xi is concerned.  30 wins would have been sufficiently mind numbingly time consuming.
  • Stapler - If Xi had a mascot, Stapler would be it.  I can understand using our love of the little guy to garner an emotional response when used against us by the bad guys, but to let the gamers see him demolished... Well, just not a good move IMHO, whether it be a copy or simulacrum or whatever.  Not to mention EVERYone seemed like the bad guys in this game - including ourselves!  Which brings me to:
  • Us - If you are going to make us do horrible things, at least give us a choice.  I ended up hating my avatar for following through with most of the missions.  Sure some of us like to play the bad guy occasionally, but we like it to at least be our choice.

Pros (because I want to end on a positive note Smiley Wink):

• Pre-Game Clues/Info - GREAT JOB!  You successfully created the right amount of mystery and generated lots of attention!
  • Coded Street Signs - Awesome to see.  I wish that that they were implemented in puzzles.
  • Return of Xi Characters - It was great that Jess and Stapler were involved in this game (even if I was not happy about how).
  • Intro Mission - If the rest of the game was more like the free game content, I think I would have liked the whole game much MUCH more.  The cut scenes were spectacular, and I enjoyed chasing EFD as well as the warehouse tasks!
  • Graffiti Mission - Now THIS is the kind of puzzles I expected!  Great job on that one!
  • Communication - From the pre-game clues to Joey to Iggy - I really liked hearing from you all!  Even though Iggy wasn't involved with the game, it was pretty cool to see him around the forums.  Joey is about all I could ask for in a Community liaison from a Developer.  He was professional, cares, and listened to our requests and problems with the game. 
  • Fragments - It was fun hunting for them every day!  I especially love that they were not mentioned right off the bat, but left for us to discover on our own (until mentioned later in the game).  I like to explore game spaces and I felt like I had uncovered a secret the first time I collected a fragment.
  • Tracking mission - Although they were a bit on the easy side, they were a fun side amusement.
  • Videos - I really loved seeing the videos!  In fact, I wish there were more of them.
  • Continuum & Vertigo - I thought the design of both spaces were beautiful and unique.  Well done!
  • Apartment Add Ons - I really like this idea as a reward, and enjoyed seeing so many of them unlocking! ( I hope you do add more spawn points though Smiley Wink)
  • Daily interactions - I understand that there are story line days, just as there were in the original Xi (which only had 2 tasks a week).  I looked forward to seeing what might unravel each day (even if I didn't like the way it unraveled ).
  • Costumes - I love that you made the costumes available for purchase this time.  Although I think with the high price of the game, the costume prices were a bit inflated, at least we can dress up as characters! - Which were very nicely designed!
  • New Game Areas - I like that as the game progressed we were granted access to certain areas, and that the space revolved around our progress in general.
  • Qunitia Essentia - I like that the fragments revealed parts of a message... My only gripe with that is that no new information was actually revealed with it. Smiley Sad
  • Community Spirit - Although it was not of nDreams doing, this was easily my favorite part of the game experience.  I hope that nDreams realizes what a huge impact it has on the success of a game, and utilizes the community more in following projects!

Wow!  That was a lot longer than I intended it to be. LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 32 (181 Views)
Fender Bender
3466 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Patchex wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

Patchex wrote:

Huh??

Say what??!?!?!?!?!?! So are u saying ur in UK because nDreams is in UK.... And we know the person playing Jess is an Actress she been on other UK Shows....  So Say What?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes I have seen some of the "acting" from the videos in the UK. So knowing she is the same person from the first video's (She looks a bit different in this game then she did in the last... ) then yes, she was chosen by one of the people helping to make Xi (knowing the game was not for profit...when we started it.) I said I could not do the video and one of the other members of the group showed us a video of her and she was asked if she would do it. I guess she said yes... 

No I am not from the UK, I never did live in the Uk, I have traveled there. I am in the USA. The confusion there might be because I do have a City name that shares City names in the UK. So back in 07 They might have thought I was from the UK for a bit of time due to a miss understanding. 

Great Post by the way Miss Ana, you almost make me want to go spend the money for the game... Great Low down on the Game!

Photobucket
Message 30 of 32 (135 Views)
0 Likes