Jan 04 2013
By: ladybug17 I Only Post Everything 735 posts

Annoying Pests When Using Granzella Mat

35 replies 453 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

So, this seems to be the new trend...

You're on your Granzella mat minding your own business, when along comes a perv, swimming in the water. He/she heads straight for your floatie. They shove their head in the middle of the mat, violating your personal space.

It didn't happen so much before, but now that they have all caught on, lots of people are doing it. I just recently got swarmed by four pervs. I tried sitting still hoping they'd get bored, but to no avail. So I attempted floating away, and they used speed swim to swarm me again. I tried the "ignore" feature and that doesn't help at all becuase the distance is still close enough to have their body in your space!

Is there any way I can get this to stop? This is getting so unpleasant I don't want to use my 2.99 floatie which I used to enjoy! Help!

Message 1 of 36 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Re: Annoying Pests When Using Granzella Mat

Jan 4, 2013

Take it out of NA or nooo better yet buy the space and and no more pigs will bug you 

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/fakirluvahiru/gintama.jpg[/IMG]
Message 2 of 36 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Tell them that you are really a guy in real life.  A fat guy who is about 60.

ladybug17 wrote:

You're on your Granzella mat minding your own business, when along comes a perv, swimming in the water. He/she heads straight for your floatie. They shove their head in the middle of the mat, violating your personal space.

It didn't happen so much before, but now that they have all caught on, lots of people are doing it. I just recently got swarmed by four pervs. I tried sitting still hoping they'd get bored, but to no avail. So I attempted floating away, and they used speed swim to swarm me again. I tried the "ignore" feature and that doesn't help at all becuase the distance is still close enough to have their body in your space!

Is there any way I can get this to stop? This is getting so unpleasant I don't want to use my 2.99 floatie which I used to enjoy! Help!

Message 3 of 36 (385 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I've had the same problem as you there, and twice been driven out of the space them. They're like a plague of locusts that wont go away and as you said, ignore just doesn't push them away far enough, besides, they feed off each other and wont leave you alone even if you do just ignore them.

I really really really hope Sony brings out an invisibility feature that removes both parties off each others screen, thats the only way to get away from them, then maybe they'll realize what a lonely world they live in when everyone disappears infront of their eyes and may improve their behavior. Unfortunatley until then theres nothing you can do to try to stop it other than report.

If I get any issues there now, I just leave now and go to a private beach, and meet my friends there. I'm sorry  I'm not much help to you, other than to say your not alone in how you feel about it.

Message 4 of 36 (383 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Well the floats do work at the personal space. Best to ignorre them. 

Message 5 of 36 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I haven't had to do thi in a while but one of my moves is to remind them that reports to Sony also include a screen cap of the ofending behavior so I say something like "Stay there don't move, smile pretty for the camera."

A little embelished truth with some reverse psychology on the backside and they usually flee before long so I rarely end up filing an actual report lol

---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 6 of 36 (364 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 4, 2013

ladybug17 wrote:

Your options are Ban the floats from Home or use the block feature.  

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 7 of 36 (345 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 4, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

ladybug17 wrote:

Your options are Ban the floats from Home or use the block feature.  

I'd like to ban some "things" from Home...how do I go about doing that?

Message 8 of 36 (336 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

Jan 5, 2013

To be fair to the pervs (just for argument's sake, mind you, they annoy/digust me too), the poses on the Granzella mats are clearly mildly provocative/enticing, so if you lie on one in a bikini in a public space you're kind of asking to get swarmed. It's shouldn't be that way... but it is. One cannot tease without attracting teasers. Maybe save the floats for the private space if you can't bring yourself to ignore the creeps.

Message 9 of 36 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

To be fair to the pervs (just for argument's sake, mind you, they annoy/digust me too), the poses on the Granzella mats are clearly mildly provocative/enticing, so if you lie on one in a bikini in a public space you're kind of asking to get swarmed. It's shouldn't be that way... but it is. One cannot tease without attracting teasers. Maybe save the floats for the private space if you can't bring yourself to ignore the creeps.

That is something men have accused women of for as long as I can remember and it doesn't wash, not when wearing clothes suitable for the environment, ie in this case the beach.

I do appreciate you clearly say they annoy and disgust you too, and I am pleased you said that and I'm not criticizing you, but it is not acceptable for that sort of behavior.

Message 10 of 36 (278 Views)
0 Likes