Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re: An Important Announcement - Please Read

Jul 14, 2009
Thanks for the information. Thing is the peple who gave it out are fools. If it has a password that means you should never give it to anyone. DUH...that is point of PASSWORD.
Message 21 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
618 posts

Jul 14, 2009

Keyeszx wrote:
Cyd is probably only posting this because UK has had those problems recently. Did Cyd not just return from UK too? Was it Cyd, Locust, or Buggie? Well a mod returned recently and thought we should warn our people before it happens or whatever. If it was a big issue then this would be on the Message of the Day like it is in the UK.

Let me clear up some misconceptions. The Message of the Day they have in the UK is I believe part of their everyday message, reminding people that giving out your account information is never a good idea. This is a consistent reminder about best practices for protecting the security of your PSN account.

I am referring to specific actions taken by specific individuals recently that involve granting items to people by using their account info. I am not talking about gamesharing.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

~CydoniaX

Message 22 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3183 posts

Jul 14, 2009
what people who dont go on the forums they wont get this info and will have a chance of falling for it
Message 23 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
618 posts

Jul 14, 2009

silverthehedgeh wrote:
what people who dont go on the forums they wont get this info and will have a chance of falling for it

No, because we are aware of who's been doing it, and are taking care of it.

Message 24 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Jul 14, 2009

CydoniaX wrote:

Keyeszx wrote:
Cyd is probably only posting this because UK has had those problems recently. Did Cyd not just return from UK too? Was it Cyd, Locust, or Buggie? Well a mod returned recently and thought we should warn our people before it happens or whatever. If it was a big issue then this would be on the Message of the Day like it is in the UK.

Let me clear up some misconceptions. The Message of the Day they have in the UK is I believe part of their everyday message, reminding people that giving out your account information is never a good idea. This is a consistent reminder about best practices for protecting the security of your PSN account.

I am referring to specific actions taken by specific individuals recently that involve granting items to people by using their account info. I am not talking about gamesharing.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

~CydoniaX

this needs to be in the message of the day, most forumers here are abit smarter than that.

Home.
Message 25 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 14, 2009

CydoniaX wrote:
Dear PlayStation Home Community Members:

As many of you are already aware, there are members of our community who are requesting your PSN identification and password to grant select items in Home.

We would like to remind you that the Home staff will never ask you for your password, or any other personal information in Home.  The members of the community doing so are participating in activities that violate our terms of service.  This is wrong, illegal, and most definitely NOT OK, and we will be handling these offenses accordingly.

Please be assured that we know who has done what.  We know that many of you who participated in this are also some of our most dedicated and enthusiastic Home users and might not have been fully aware of the ramifications of your actions.  That said, appropriate actions will be taken against individuals violating our terms of use.

~CydoniaX

Does this mean "dedicated and enthusiastic" users will get preferential treatmen?  Or will the rules be applied, and punishiments meted out, fairly and equitably, regardless of forum status on enthusiasm? 

bobby_dukes
Message 26 of 89 (37 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jul 14, 2009

Conrad_Max wrote:

CydoniaX wrote:
As many of you are already aware, there are members of our community who are requesting your PSN identification and password to grant select items in Home.

We would like to remind you that the Home staff will never ask you for your password, or any other personal information in Home.

In addition to the above reminder, I thought I would ask community members noit to share their email address and phone numbers in public places on Home. There are many scammers and other undesirables out there in the internet, therefore they may be within Home also, who would find such information useful andvery profiatble. Though it is a good idea not to share this information, if you must do it, plese do so in your personal space or via the XMB messaging system.

I have seen a few people "shout out" their email addresses and phone numbers in open areas with out considering the consequenses. When I have seen conversations heading in that direction, I send out a warning. Some have thanked me, while others chose to share the informatiom anyway.

Please be smart when dealing with people that you only know through Home or the internet. Inform others that you are friends with. Though it might seem silly to some, the price of sharing this information might be your own identity.

100% I Agree

Message 27 of 89 (37 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Jul 14, 2009
What if sony would let us give out a guest password to our account.  Like to show your friends your home stuff or whatever else you want to.  This would help out a lot since not everyone can get the rewards in the spaces, so you could let your friend use a guest pass to your account.  The guest pass wouldn't have any of your personal information.  I know that sony won't do it, but I can hope right?   
Underground Member Since 1997
GAP Member since 2003

Message 28 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jul 14, 2009

psxexpert wrote:
What if sony would let us give out a guest password to our account.  Like to show your friends your home stuff or whatever else you want to.  This would help out a lot since not everyone can get the rewards in the spaces, so you could let your friend use a guest pass to your account.  The guest pass wouldn't have any of your personal information.  I know that sony won't do it, but I can hope right?   

Would not work your Home setup is saved on your PS3.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 29 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Jul 14, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

psxexpert wrote:

Would not work your Home setup is saved on your PS3.

your items are saved to you account... not ps3.

Home.
Message 30 of 89 (37 Views)
0 Likes