Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: An Annoyance About The Bicycle LMOs That Should Be Fixed

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

I've never had the need to keep someone on Ignore for more than an hour. Maybe that list could reset when we log out of Home, but still preserve those that we want to ignore. A temporary Ignore and a permanent ignore, if you will. 

I've suggested this for the longest time, (having ignore last as long as your in that instance or session, and block being permanent until you take them off the list) and over several core updates, not only has nothing changed, but no one from Home management or our own community manager has ever even bothered to respond to the idea.

I've also suggested that the ignore and block feature should make that person's avatar (and thus their LMO) disappear from the view of the person ignoring or blocking them, as this would address several issues.  Like LMOs so large that they can block your view or used to annoy others without technically breaking any rules to be reported on.  It would also address issues some people have with what they consider inappropriate clothing or actions by other avatars, by giving them the option to make those avatars disappear from their POV.

I've also suggested that when you put someone on ignore or block, they your avatar also disappears from their POV, as currently from the POV of the person you have on ignore or block, nothing has changed and they can continue to abuse someone for the amusement of their friends without you even knowing it, as your POV shows them with their back to you and slightly farther away.

Currently the ignore and block features are very limited to what they do, and frankly just gives the person trying to ignore or block someone a false sense of security.

Unfortunately, trying to get Home management to fix these issues, or even talk about it has so far been useless.  They are far more interested in spending their time promoting the sales of new content than talking to their customers about issues and concerns with the service.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 31 of 35 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

May 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

evilfluffybunny wrote:

What i witnessed wasn't done with VEEMEE's bicycles. One of them was from nDreams.

????

First of all, LMOs (including the VeeMee bikes) do not have any collision dynamics and thus can not physically move objects or avatars they hit.

When using certain active items (like Essence of Winds) it gives your avatar collision dynamics and thus allows you to hit and move objects and avatars.  The rental bikes in the park (not the LMO versions) are active items with collision dynamics.  The same as the rental boats.  This is why they allow you to ride with other avatars, while LMOs do not.

While I do not believe they can remove the collision dynamics, they might be able to make them less powerful so that the bike stops moving when they hit an avatar instead of pushing the avatar.  For instance, when using the Essence of Winds, even though you can push an avatar that is not using the Essence, it isn't easy and they don't move very far.

So perhaps what Veemee could do to help this situation without crippling the rental bike experience is to lower the collision detection area and strength so that it is harder for those on rental bikes to move avatars, and if they do move, they wont move far.

There was one bike involved, that did not look like any of the ones from VEEMEE. It was green and lower to the ground, but it was able to bump us around, anyway.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 32 of 35 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

May 22, 2013

evilfluffybunny wrote:

There was one bike involved, that did not look like any of the ones from VEEMEE. It was green and lower to the ground, but it was able to bump us around, anyway.

If it moved you, then it was one of the bike rentals, but perhaps you didn't recognize it as one.

LMO items have no collesion dynamics so they can not physically move an object or avatar in Home.  Your POV may temporarily change when somone with an LMO goes through you, just like when an avatar walks up or even through you, but you don't actually move.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 33 of 35 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
297 posts

May 22, 2013

BUSHWICKED2 wrote:

Lissa_Fett wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Whoops! I forgot to stay on topic. I think VEEMEE can't fix this because the bikes needs to have "object detection" to have two riders on the bikes at the same time.

Then Veemee needs to have a set track for the bikes that they can't steer off of.

why dont you ask for your own psh while your at it!

Try to stay on topic Bush.

Message 34 of 35 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

May 22, 2013

I've had this problem as well. 

Try sitting on the benches, or along the fountain. The bicycles can't seem to ram you if you're sitting on an object. Or hang out on the boat docks since it's a dead-end... or at the Dog Park.

Message 35 of 35 (81 Views)
0 Likes