I Only Post Everything
736 posts

Re: An Annoyance About The Bicycle LMOs That Should Be Fixed

May 22, 2013

I was so annoyed by this yesterday I was gonna post about it. Thank you for posting this!

I was having a serious convo with a friend, yes, a real convo... lol. Along comes this jerk on a bike and ~BAM~ plows right into me, tossing me like so far my friend was like "?!!". I couldn't move, it's like you are trapped in their path. I ran back to the friend and we laughed it off, but the jerk came back later and rams me again. Then another guy with a passenger decides to "join the fun" and do it again, targetting me again, I am assuming maybe because of my female avi?? No one ever seems to bother friends that are male, but I see these jerks targetting my female friends and myself often.

It is really disappointing, cuz I was looking forward to buying a bike of my own, but I don't wanna be lumped into the category of biking jerks, so I don't know if I'll get one now. I don't know if I even wanna hang there anymore becuase of this.

Message 21 of 35 (190 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 22, 2013

ladybug17 wrote:

I was so annoyed by this yesterday I was gonna post about it. Thank you for posting this!

I was having a serious convo with a friend, yes, a real convo... lol. Along comes this jerk on a bike and ~BAM~ plows right into me, tossing me like so far my friend was like "?!!". I couldn't move, it's like you are trapped in their path. I ran back to the friend and we laughed it off, but the jerk came back later and rams me again. Then another guy with a passenger decides to "join the fun" and do it again, targetting me again, I am assuming maybe because of my female avi?? No one ever seems to bother friends that are male, but I see these jerks targetting my female friends and myself often.

It is really disappointing, cuz I was looking forward to buying a bike of my own, but I don't wanna be lumped into the category of biking jerks, so I don't know if I'll get one now. I don't know if I even wanna hang there anymore becuase of this.

It's the rental bikes that do this. If you buy a bike you get an LMO you can use anywhere and you also get free rentals at the bike rental shop for the style of bike you purchased with 200 acorns.

I hope they fix the collision stuff too. It's just a problem that one shouldn't have to deal with. 

Message 22 of 35 (187 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

May 22, 2013

Lissa_Fett wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Whoops! I forgot to stay on topic. I think VEEMEE can't fix this because the bikes needs to have "object detection" to have two riders on the bikes at the same time.

Then Veemee needs to have a set track for the bikes that they can't steer off of.

why dont you ask for your own psh while your at it!

Message 23 of 35 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 22, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Aren't beautiful sunny places the sort of places fams hate? Don't they want to be inside stuffy, smoke filled rooms?

Yes, but someone bussed them from the inner city playground lounge to Acorn Park.

bus.jpg

That is a politically incorrect sentence.  Shame on you mvp.

Message 24 of 35 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 22, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Aren't beautiful sunny places the sort of places fams hate? Don't they want to be inside stuffy, smoke filled rooms?

Yes, but someone bussed them from the inner city playground lounge to Acorn Park.

bus.jpg

I have street cred with the fams and I have never had any trouble with them, a lot even read the forums and come up to say hello.

They know I don't judge them,  and even made a thread how some fams welcome new people into their fold more'so then most forum users.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 35 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 22, 2013

The bike rentals seem to be working this morning. Wonder if that is a permanent fix or not. 

Message 26 of 35 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 22, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

bus.jpg

I have street cred with the fams and I have never had any trouble with them, a lot even read the forums and come up to say hello.

They know I don't judge them,  and even made a thread how some fams welcome new people into their fold more'so then most forum users.

"street cred with the fams"      LOL

Message 27 of 35 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 22, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

bus.jpg

"street cred with the fams"      LOL

At least I don't have to worry about getting Frozen, LOL

I look at fams as a culture within Home, they have their own style, language etc...

Shoot me a friends request and I can teach you how to interact with them as individuals, most are very smart and use Home to make friends just the same as you and I.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 35 (124 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

May 22, 2013

evilfluffybunny wrote:

What i witnessed wasn't done with VEEMEE's bicycles. One of them was from nDreams.

????

First of all, LMOs (including the VeeMee bikes) do not have any collision dynamics and thus can not physically move objects or avatars they hit.

When using certain active items (like Essence of Winds) it gives your avatar collision dynamics and thus allows you to hit and move objects and avatars.  The rental bikes in the park (not the LMO versions) are active items with collision dynamics.  The same as the rental boats.  This is why they allow you to ride with other avatars, while LMOs do not.

While I do not believe they can remove the collision dynamics, they might be able to make them less powerful so that the bike stops moving when they hit an avatar instead of pushing the avatar.  For instance, when using the Essence of Winds, even though you can push an avatar that is not using the Essence, it isn't easy and they don't move very far.

So perhaps what Veemee could do to help this situation without crippling the rental bike experience is to lower the collision detection area and strength so that it is harder for those on rental bikes to move avatars, and if they do move, they wont move far.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 29 of 35 (107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 22, 2013

evilfluffybunny wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Simple fix: Putting users on Ignore disables the ability of their LMOs to move your avatar.

Until the list fills up and then delete some people from it and add some more to it. That pattern will be repeated. That's a lazy fix, if you ask me and tells devs they don't have to do anything to fix their items. :/

It's not a lazy fix. It preserves the intended function of the item while giving users recourse against those who abuse it. The abusers will give up when they realize it doesn't bother people anymore.

I've never had the need to keep someone on Ignore for more than an hour. Maybe that list could reset when we log out of Home, but still preserve those that we want to ignore. A temporary Ignore and a permanent ignore, if you will.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 30 of 35 (94 Views)
0 Likes