Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Re: Ah the good old days :)

Jan 27, 2013

KatCall75 wrote:

Xxslick1GP wrote:

I remember when you could strike a convo with anyone, now I see what goes on now and its crazy lol.

This breaks my heart.  I understand the frustration; you enter a social network to be, you know, social, and you find no one else really wants that, at least it feels like no one wants that with you.

Not everyone is like that.  I'm sorry you've been having bad luck, but there are some really fantastic people that use Home, and a lot of them you can find from these very forums.

But not me.  I'm a meanie.  Ask anyone.

lies! you actually nice kat.

Message 11 of 29 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Home has evolved socially, so along with that.

Peoples attitudes have changed, along with mindsets of some players to the network.

There's still some good players on Home.

Home may never go back to what it was, though it's better to move on then live in the past hoping for it to return.

Enjoy what Home has to offer now.

Message 12 of 29 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
584 posts

Jan 28, 2013

They should of just kept Central Plaza and do new additions to it, but ya of course the home team just had to remove it and add this new hub which I believe that not many ppl actually asked for on here, I could be wrong though, maybe a new mall look, thats it. They might as well rename their hub to "The Cash Cow Hub" because thats what it looks like since there's stores all around us like a merry go round.

Home has offically turned into a infested ghetto and filled with "plaque" as in were getting some of these public spaces that have games we have never heard of before, imo, I could careless about them. I really wish that they start making spaces of video games that we all know. because it was cool when they did that.

Message 13 of 29 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
2694 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I remember from Jan 2009 on that there was some pretty ugly stuff going on in HOME especially but not limited to Central Plaza. Maybe it't still there in the HUB or MALL 1 or 2 but as I don't go those places too often, I can't say too much other then it doesn't seem so bad as it used to be.

Thia forum has always been up and down as to goodness and nastiness.

The good old days? It was new. It was fun. But there were disruptions.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 14 of 29 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
703 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

The "good old days" are gone. It's time to move up to the present and the future...

I agree with Conrad on this one.  HOME is no place for pleasant memories and good times.  HOME is very serious business.  Stop thinking about the good old days.  You must be progressive. 

Now, go and spend money in HOME.

RockStar owes me AWP!!
Message 15 of 29 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

I only started on Home last year so I can't say what the old days of Home were like since I wasn't there. But to me Home isn't unlike any other online game or mmo I've played. You start off with a small group of people and everyone's friendly and willing to help each other out. But then when the game gets even more people you start to notice the big groupings of noobs or trolls who only want to cause grief for others. But what you want to do is instead of remembering the good old days, why not make some good memories now and don't focus on only the negative parts. Enjoy Home while its still in its prime, because one day it won't be as popular. People will start leaving eventually, and the developers will stop making new content. That will cause even more users leave, and eventually it will become a ghost town. Then eventually Sony will shut it down all together/ And then you'll be remembering this time when it was still full of life. This has happened to me personally on other online games for the ps2.

bobs fed signature
Message 16 of 29 (153 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

J-T-W-NY wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

The "good old days" are gone. It's time to move up to the present and the future...

I agree with Conrad on this one.  HOME is no place for pleasant memories and good times.  HOME is very serious business.  Stop thinking about the good old days.  You must be progressive. 

On this ONE? You make it sound like there's times that you DON'T agree with him. That's nearly as bad as saying I'm frustrated with CADE. I'm going to report you now and hope you use your time off to get your head right.

I'm off now to go spend twice as much as usual and write a letter of apology for the actions of the trouble makers. I got this.

Message 17 of 29 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Jan 28, 2013

J-T-W-NY wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

I think you have the wrong idea, Playstation Home is mainly for it's social aspect (making friends, playing multiplayer games, talking, etc) not being rude and just spending money senselessly.

Home is for pleasantry and having fun, I think Conrad more along the lines ment, the old days are over, there's nothing we can really do but move on.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 29 (130 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
584 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Well said Lego, I couldnt agree with you more  

Message 19 of 29 (112 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Oh i so remeber the time when we went to the OLD Home Theater and Watched a Mindfreak Add and got a Criss Angel Mindfreaking Coffin Couch and later A Coffin Table! 

Then i REMEMBER later Home had to update to Version 1.40... The DAY the WORLD ended... Yes it did!

Update 1.40 Took away our Criss Angel Mindfreaking Coffin Couch's! We all made reports to HOME mods to get said item Fixed... Did they Listen? NOPE! Did they ever give us a Reason as to why it was REMOVED? NOPE!

Yes i too remember the Good ole' Days of Home!  Best Years were 2009 and 2010... After that it's been all Downhill ever since...

Yep, Yep, Yep, (Al From Happy Days!)

Oh Well,

I still have my couch. Nothing happened to it!

Regardless, i miss those days.

Message 20 of 29 (104 Views)
0 Likes