Jan 27 2013
By: Xxslick1GP Splicer 84 posts

Ah the good old days :)

28 replies 481 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

When all you needed was to have customised facial features instead of pre set, and then maybe a few bought clothing but everything was still ok...

Flash foward a few years...

ATTACK OF THE NOOBS followed by RETURN OF THE NOOBS. I know I'll get alot of heat for this but admit, I remember when you could strike a convo with anyone, now I see what goes on now and its crazy lol.

Message 1 of 29 (481 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Re: Ah the good old days :)

Jan 27, 2013

I miss the old days of Playstation Home aswell, when there were surprises around every corner, and amazing events would take place in central plaza and actually be fun, axe events, scribble shooter, pumpkin halloween events, killzone, and much more.

Even once the hub first arrived it was fun, there were loads of games and the quest board brought fun interactive events.

Now there is'nt too much to look forward to lately, just third party releases (wich are still nice), but I just don't see the excitment Home used to have.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 29 (466 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 27, 2013

LegoFire wrote:

I miss the old days of Playstation Home aswell, when there were surprises around every corner, and amazing events would take place in central plaza and actually be fun, axe events, scribble shooter, pumpkin halloween events, killzone, and much more.

Even once the hub first arrived it was fun, there were loads of games and the quest board brought fun interactive events.

Now there is'nt too much to look forward to lately, just third party releases (wich are still nice), but I just don't see the excitment Home used to have.

Exactly how I feel.

Message 3 of 29 (450 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I still say home feels like an MMO. I jump on to do my dailies (grind for points in various games), talk to a few friends, redecorate my space and avatar with new loot, then log off. Wash rinse repeat. Events have been dying, and though each game feels different, the premise behind them is all the same. Grind for more points. The social aspect of home has been dwindling as well. the longest conversation I have with someone not on my friends list seems to last about 3-7 mins, and the firends on my list are almost always in their private spaces.

Just my personal experience. :/

Perish_Song
Message 4 of 29 (430 Views)
VP of Gaming
28579 posts

Jan 27, 2013

The "good old days" are gone. It's time to move up to the present and the future...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 29 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Xxslick1GP wrote:

When all you needed was to have customised facial features instead of pre set, and then maybe a few bought clothing but everything was still ok...

Flash foward a few years...

ATTACK OF THE NOOBS followed by RETURN OF THE NOOBS. I know I'll get alot of heat for this but admit, I remember when you could strike a convo with anyone, now I see what goes on now and its crazy lol.

OMG  .. " circumcised facial features" ...... wait . . .

sorry

I

misread

that

Well, Attack of the Noobs seems to be spot on. The Hub, the Mall, the Tycoon Train Station, etc.

Noobs cry out " Look, it's still a ghostie, but it has a female name! Attack! '

One would think all these Noobers are in training to be rabid dogs.

"Convo with anyone" ? Sounds nice. Now it's ....

" Got a Boyfriend"

" Wanna be my Girlfriend '

" Wazzup !  I got a copy of dat Apache Book, Kami Suitera. Wanna read it to me, cause I ain't doing to well wit dese pics "

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 6 of 29 (389 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 27, 2013

i remember the first event in the game lounge, when we all had to dress like a ninja. Or when we a had fun with the running man line in the mall. When mods use to talk to us in public spaces, management team use come to new public spaces release dates with us. 

Message 7 of 29 (337 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Home has some wonderful memories! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 29 (335 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Xxslick1GP wrote:

I remember when you could strike a convo with anyone, now I see what goes on now and its crazy lol.

This breaks my heart.  I understand the frustration; you enter a social network to be, you know, social, and you find no one else really wants that, at least it feels like no one wants that with you.

Not everyone is like that.  I'm sorry you've been having bad luck, but there are some really fantastic people that use Home, and a lot of them you can find from these very forums.

But not me.  I'm a meanie.  Ask anyone.

Message 9 of 29 (319 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Oh i so remeber the time when we went to the OLD Home Theater and Watched a Mindfreak Add and got a Criss Angel Mindfreaking Coffin Couch and later A Coffin Table! 

Then i REMEMBER later Home had to update to Version 1.40... The DAY the WORLD ended... Yes it did!

Update 1.40 Took away our Criss Angel Mindfreaking Coffin Couch's! We all made reports to HOME mods to get said item Fixed... Did they Listen? NOPE! Did they ever give us a Reason as to why it was REMOVED? NOPE!

Yes i too remember the Good ole' Days of Home!  Best Years were 2009 and 2010... After that it's been all Downhill ever since...

Yep, Yep, Yep, (Al From Happy Days!)

Oh Well,

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 10 of 29 (307 Views)
0 Likes