Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Re: Age

Mar 18, 2007

default001 wrote:

amarican version 2.0 wrote:
11?!?!?! that would suck.. and then there would be child predaters.
There should be like 4 skins for every age though

Uhhmm, ok? If you could have a child skin, you would be even MORE likely to be targeted

yes... and that is why this concept has been fully discussed already. Children  Incarnations lead to bad situations. The targetting of the young is something that we all feel strongly about and want to discourage. That is why Sony will not allow child incarnations.

(read also: Predators
                  Potential Threat
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 21 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Mar 18, 2007
its both, I will play it as both,
deal with it!
Little Big Planet Sig 1 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 18, 2007

Josh707 wrote:
its both, I will play it as both,
deal with it!

Well I was going to make a thread about this, but I see I will just post my thought here, I actually think that Home can be looked as both game and a community as it just depends on the user, because if we actually sit down and analyze it, we come up with that with Home, there are too many possibilities and you can hang out with friends are play mini games and go bowling and other many things, but the thing is, the way its use determines the view on it as a person can use Home as nothing more than a mini game palace and when we look at that asset of Home then yes it can actually be called a game though its an online community its used for gaming, now we can use it to talk to friends and go do things, stay at the house and show off trophies, then you see the online community aspect, then you got people who would do both. Simply put there is too many things and opportunities to name it, not a game just a online community, because if you ask me its both as I am going to use it for the gaming aspect and the online community. So really there is not sense of arguing as it can be passed off as both, its all up to the person
Message 23 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 18, 2007
true enough pspman
I try to use the tightest definition here because of the threads about wanting drivebys and muggings in Home but in the most technical of senses it is a game as well. It is a gateway to fun and a few definitions of Game do cover home

game1  /ge?m/
–noun
1. an amusement or pastime: children's games.
2. the material or equipment used in playing certain games: a store selling toys and games.
8. anything resembling a game, as in requiring skill, endurance, or adherence to rules: the game of diplomacy.
15. Archaic. fighting spirit; pluck.

____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 24 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1841 posts

Mar 18, 2007

Solid snakeps3 wrote:
he meant the age most likely to be the majority playing it

I'm guessing 13-20 or so.  when your 12 or younger you dont really care about chatting on the internet you just want to see things explode.  when your 21 and over you probably wont even care about videogames anymore.  or at least you shouldnt. (im 16 btw)
Message 25 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
709 posts

Mar 18, 2007
Yeah, probably anyone.  I mean, I've heard of 6 year olds playing wow.

Message Edited by Cronus3166 on 03-18-2007 05:46 AM
Message 26 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Mar 18, 2007
i bet it will be teens-late adult some, the charactor creation will probably be similar to the sims
Message 27 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4424 posts

Mar 18, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

Josh707 wrote:

Well I was going to make a thread about this, but I see I will just post my thought here, I actually think that Home can be looked as both game and a community as it just depends on the user, because if we actually sit down and analyze it, we come up with that with Home, there are too many possibilities and you can hang out with friends are play mini games and go bowling and other many things, but the thing is, the way its use determines the view on it as a person can use Home as nothing more than a mini game palace and when we look at that asset of Home then yes it can actually be called a game though its an online community its used for gaming, now we can use it to talk to friends and go do things, stay at the house and show off trophies, then you see the online community aspect, then you got people who would do both. Simply put there is too many things and opportunities to name it, not a game just a online community, because if you ask me its both as I am going to use it for the gaming aspect and the online community. So really there is not sense of arguing as it can be passed off as both, its all up to the person

Y make such a big deal of it. the Q was what do u think the age will be ? i think 11-28
Message 28 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2040 posts

Mar 18, 2007

Darkiewonder wrote:
for all. but people under 13 still need parent's permission. You know how online things work ;D

i think that right

Message 29 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
401 posts

Mar 18, 2007

DogEatDog wrote:

Solid snakeps3 wrote:
he meant the age most likely to be the majority playing it

I'm guessing 13-20 or so. when your 12 or younger you dont really care about chatting on the internet you just want to see things explode. when your 21 and over you probably wont even care about videogames anymore. or at least you shouldnt. (im 16 btw)

You're going to have a sad and boring adulthood then.... good luck with that!

Circle Se7en Gaming - Video Games, Collectible/Trading Card Games, Supplies and More!
Message 30 of 44 (37 Views)
0 Likes