Highlighted
Jan 15 2011
By: Brandude Hekseville Citizen 194 posts

Against Not Allowing Codes on Forums

30 replies 317 views Edited Jan 15, 2011

Sharing codes and helping friends to earn Home items and gain promotions have always been one of the main things that keep these forums alive.  Until now, I was unaware (as many people currently are) that they have removed our rights to share codes on these forums.  That means no helping people with events, no promotion helps, punishment of generous people, and no Slurpee code sharing.  I think this is ridiculous.  Why shouldn't we be allowed to share codes that were published on other sites such as Twitter by the people running the promotions?   This post is not meant to be offensive to moderators.  It is meant to show that many people will be angry if we are no longer allowed to share codes.  Post below if you agree.

Get your Portable ID!

60 GB PS3 owner since 2007
Message 1 of 31 (317 Views)
Sackboy
432 posts

Re: Against Not Allowing Codes on Forums

Jan 15, 2011

Brandude wrote:

Sharing codes and helping friends to earn Home items and gain promotions have always been one of the main things that keep these forums alive.  Until now, I was unaware (as many people currently are) that they have removed our rights to share codes on these forums.  That means no helping people with events, no promotion helps, punishment of generous people, and no Slurpee code sharing.  I think this is ridiculous.  Why shouldn't we be allowed to share codes that were published on other sites such as Twitter by the people running the promotions?   This post is not meant to be offensive to moderators.  It is meant to show that many people will be angry if we are no longer allowed to share codes.  Post below if you agree.

I agree with you 100%!!

psplus.png

Photobucket
Message 2 of 31 (317 Views)
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Jan 15, 2011

With the Home Event codes (see the PS Belt Buckle pants, even though I still think "instance luck" events like that need to be banned), yeah, I can see the logic behind the rule. I think its silly, but its there, so I won't really argue that too hard.

With the outside Home codes, such as the universal Slurpee codes, especially when only a certain percentage of the forum's population can get them beyond the forum? THOSE, I think the no code rule is stupid and should be lifted for.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 3 of 31 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

Jan 15, 2011

I don't think it really matters. The internet is a big place, people will just congregate in other places and share codes.

Message 4 of 31 (317 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Well regarding the Slurpee contest, one is easily able to not buy any Slurpee codes from your local 7-11 and instead use the codes you find online that you inquired for free (which pretty much defeats the purpose). I can understand that some people live way too far from a 7-11 or don't have one in their region at all, which is pretty unfair since they can't participate at all. I'm still going to buy some Slurpee codes from my local 7-11 because I love these types of promotions, but I think its wrong to freeload if you have a local 7-11 near you.

Message 5 of 31 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

Jan 15, 2011

I totally agree.

Message 6 of 31 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
751 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Agreed.

Message 7 of 31 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Just because everyone is against this doesn't mean the rules are gonna change any. You can share through other means. This is nothing but a minor road block. By enforcing this rule it stops complaints in the long run. There should be no reason for rants or complaints, as I said, there are other means of sharing other than here.

Message 8 of 31 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Far as those old Hard to get Home Codes. They need to knock off that BS now... This is 2011 and the time for Rare Home Codes by the USA Home Team has got to Stop!

If they stop with these RARE codes then there be no need to share Codes on the Forums...

It is the Home Team that needs to stop the BS with doing Rare items like that for Home to begin with. 

It's called get ur ACT TOGETHER USA HOME TEAM!  No More RARE CODES! 

Nuff Said!

By: DCS

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 9 of 31 (317 Views)
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 15, 2011

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Far as those old Hard to get Home Codes. They need to knock off that BS now... This is 2011 and the time for Rare Home Codes by the USA Home Team has got to Stop!

If they stop with these RARE codes then there be no need to share Codes on the Forums...

It is the Home Team that needs to stop the BS with doing Rare items like that for Home to begin with. 

It's called get ur ACT TOGETHER USA HOME TEAM!  No More RARE CODES! 

Nuff Said!

By: DCS

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Nov 11, 2010 Home Updates to 1.40 What do I Get? ROBBED! Yes Missing Clothing items are GONE! Missing Furniture is GONE! I Been Robbed by the 1.40 Update!
-
Attn: HOME MODS!
-
Jan 13, 2011 STILL NO CRISS ANGEL MindFreaking COFFIN COUCH!

People love rare home items, that's not happening. People just need to understand you can't have everything. It's the reality of things. You can certainly try though.

Message 10 of 31 (317 Views)