Feb 16 2013
By: Blkninja914 First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

After the 1.75 update, can I delete my PS Home data from my Harddrive

4 replies 286 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

I want to free up some space on my playstation's harddrive. After updating to Playstation home to 1.75, I am under the impression that any playstation home data on my system is not really needed anymore since it went to the online servers. So if I were to delete my data from my harddrive would that have any ill effect or would that be something I would regret later on? I know it is a stupid question, but I just want to be sure on the matter. Can someone who has already done so please let me know if it safe to proceed?

Message 1 of 5 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: After the 1.75 update, can I delete my PS Home data from my Harddrive

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

The files are so small I don't think you'd be saving much space. Personally I'm keeping mine around. You can always copy them to a flash/thumb drive and then delete them. Chance are they'll never be needed but it makes me feel better knowing they are still around for now. 

Message 2 of 5 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Feb 16, 2013
The files are in KB so you won't notice any significant space changes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 5 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Now that you mentioned it, I didn't realize how small the files were. LOL. Thank you for the response and the tip.

Message 4 of 5 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Blkninja914 wrote:

I want to free up some space on my playstation's harddrive. After updating to Playstation home to 1.75, I am under the impression that any playstation home data on my system is not really needed anymore since it went to the online servers. So if I were to delete my data from my harddrive would that have any ill effect or would that be something I would regret later on? I know it is a stupid question, but I just want to be sure on the matter. Can someone who has already done so please let me know if it safe to proceed?

YES u can and Should REMOVE all HOME FILES... From ur HDD!    If u already been on Home all ur files were put on there Servers and it will NO longer read data from ur HDD anyways!

I have already DELETED all My HOME Files... And yes it does FREE up HDD Space....  So if u want more HDD Space go ahead and remove thew home saves on ur HDD as u can't use them anymore at all..... Since 1.75!

I been on Home since Feb 2009 so if it worked for me... Then it will also work for U!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 5 of 5 (234 Views)
0 Likes