Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/08/2009
Offline
1501 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

Fem_Boi wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

As with myself there are many PS Home users who are over the age of 21. Since PS home is FULL of Teenagers and kids, I think it would be nice if adults were able to block out anyone under the age of 21 so we may socialize with people on our level. I for one am tired of teeny boppers attempting to talk to me when we have nothing in common.


 

 Can you say "Age Discrimination?"


Yes i can, so what of it ?? 

Photobucket
Message 61 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/30/2009
Offline
797 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

Shadyknot wrote:

TIE ACCOUNTS TO CREDIT CARDS !!!

HEFTY FINES FOR BREAKING T.O.S. !!!

 

So annoying to see person after person come in here and say its impossible to verify ages WHEN ITS KNOT IMPOSSIBLE !! Could the parents let the child use their accouhnt to sign up, sure they could, but i guarantee you if they make the fines outrages, say $100 an infraction, knot only would sais kid no longer be in HOME, he'd no longer have a PS3 and get that beating we all wanted to give him.

 

It's that simple if they want to do it, tie it to credit cards, and knot these mamby pamby ones either, Visa, Master card, American Express, that have expiration dates.

 

It's hilarious people say so and so can lie about their age in a time when anyone can steal your identity in a blink of an eye, our life can be stolen yet no one can find out our real ages, really? WOW !!


This would be very unlikely, a lot of states in the USA have laws against monitary infractions for free services. It's why there's so much bad press for things like freecreditreport.com

Message 62 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/08/2009
Offline
1501 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

Spon234 wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Credit Card verification would prevent false ages. What person under 18 has a credit card? Anyone who uses PSN cards (and has never used a credit card for PSN purchases) could tell you if a person is under 18. I have never spoke to an adult with a PS3 who uses PSN cards as a main source of purchases.


 

Uhh.. I'm 16 and I have my own credit card so Credit Card Verification wouldn't prevent false ages. And yes, there are a ton of annoying kids out there, probably the majority, but there are some out there like me that arn't annoying.

You just made my point junior, and you were trying to disprovethe fact to boot. You're 16 and you have a credit card correct ?? Cant lie about that age now can you. You ever tried to do anything w/ this credit card besides hand it to a cashier? Yeah they want all the information under the sun, address, birthday, card expiration, 3 digit code etc.....

 

See while you are 16 and have a credit card the "SYSTEM" knows ure age, cant lie about it. 

 

Maybe this falls under children having adult conversations.

 

As my parent used to say to me when i was a wee lad....

 

Pack your things and pay your own way while you still have all the answers.

Photobucket
Message 63 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/08/2009
Offline
1501 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

JVBGFR wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Credit Card verification would prevent false ages. What person under 18 has a credit card? Anyone who uses PSN cards (and has never used a credit card for PSN purchases) could tell you if a person is under 18. I have never spoke to an adult with a PS3 who uses PSN cards as a main source of purchases.


Hmm? What if someone over the age of 18 doesn't like credit cards? What if they would much prefer using PSN cards? I am one of those people, I despise credit cards. I'm a guy who likes straight up cash.  

 


Then you'd be screwed i guess

We have gas stations where i'm at that only accept cash, what does one do when they dont have cash and need gas ?? They're screwed or hope the next gas stations accepts credit cards.

 

It is a good point in opposition to my argument, but still doesnt hold much water other than the fact it would keep you out of HOME.

Photobucket
Message 64 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/30/2009
Offline
797 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009
Usually grass roots efforts to make changes in things can explode when enough people agree with what's being said. There's plenty of outlets to get this done if folks want to push it. I'd be happy to help out with a project such as this.
Message 65 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/08/2009
Offline
1501 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

x-cult wrote:

This would be very unlikely, a lot of states in the USA have laws against monitary infractions for free services. It's why there's so much bad press for things like freecreditreport.com


That all changes when they start charging us

Photobucket
Message 66 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/29/2008
Offline
253 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

BASSMEANT_RAW wrote:

if it means they will make a new revenue stream

then they will probably consider it

 

why do people get so freaked out when people want a 21 and up area?

21 and up would mean

we get liquor ads, car ads, etc that are targeted toward our age groups

 

it would mean we can have middle finger type emotions

it would mean less censorship on the text chat

 

where does the sex issue come into it?

 

you ever notice its the people who dont want the 21 and up area

that automatically assume people want to have a 21 and up area

specifically for some sort of perverse sexual reasoning.

 

im thinking maybe its you non 21 and up people who are being a lil

pervvy

 

as for the kids:

thats cool u like hanging out and talking with adults

cool beans

but that doesnt neccessarily mean they like hanging out and talking with you

 so now the inverse to your argument is they are forcing a buncha people to socialize

with other people all because minors are to young to get into the bar.

 

i dont think the anti 21+ people even have a basis for an argument

they just dont like it cuz it means someone is telling em they cant do something.

 

god forbid

 

peace

B


Note gonna flame or argue but this is just IMO.

Sorry but I'll be honest I feel that this post is directed to the one I posted earlier

 

"why do people get so freaked out when people want a 21 and up area?

21 and up would mean

we get liquor ads, car ads, etc that are targeted toward our age groups"

I'm 19. I can drink alcohol and drive a car.Same interest

 

"where does the sex issue come into it?

 

you ever notice its the people who dont want the 21 and up area

that automatically assume people want to have a 21 and up area

specifically for some sort of perverse sexual reasoning.

 

im thinking maybe its you non 21 and up people who are being a lil"

Yes, this is what SOME people think, but the way you wrote this message assumed that EVERYONE under 21 share the same opinion

 

"as for the kids:

thats cool u like hanging out and talking with adults

cool beans

but that doesnt neccessarily mean they like hanging out and talking with you

 so now the inverse to your argument is they are forcing a buncha people to socialize

with other people all because minors are to young to get into the bar."

This is a different story when ADULTS want to talk to us.Not all of us are little immature idiots annoying adults. We learn from them. And what do you mean by kids? If you think a 19 year old university student is a kid, then something's not right.

Again, like I stated earlier,I'm not too young to enter a bar.

 

"i dont think the anti 21+ people even have a basis for an argument

they just dont like it cuz it means someone is telling em they cant do something."

You are expressing your opinion, that's fine, but I doubt you analyzed deeply in what we said. Being 2 years underage, only to be excluded? hmmm.....

 

Just in case you dont know, people over the the age of 18 are technically adults. We commit crime and we will get the same sentence as adults. We can drive, drink alcohol, and have a career. Same with adults

 

It seems more like you don't have a basis for argument.You should also remember some pervy people are over the age of 21.

 

Peace

 

 

 

smack!!! Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 67 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/30/2009
Offline
797 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009
People seem to have this weird idea that the sexual misconduct of teenage kids is the reason some of us want a separation. This isn't entirely true. I'd endorse it because I hate kids. Period. I really don't like interacting with them, they're annoying. And before you give me the usual TL;DR about how some adults are more immature then kids and some kids are more mature then adults, let me state: I don't care. The reason the legal adult line is drawn at 18 is because that's the generally accepted line of maturity. Are there exceptions? Of course. But a few exceptions aren't enough to make my dislike of youngsters go away.
Message 68 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/30/2006
Offline
972 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009
altho i would like a ao space for home ther is no way to make sher kids dont get in so it shud not happen kinda like the vid that was playing in the cp the other day if we arent aloud to cuse in home the vids shuld not get to eather
i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Message 69 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/29/2008
Offline
253 posts
 

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

x-cult wrote:
People seem to have this weird idea that the sexual misconduct of teenage kids is the reason some of us want a separation. This isn't entirely true. I'd endorse it because I hate kids. Period. I really don't like interacting with them, they're annoying. And before you give me the usual TL;DR about how some adults are more immature then kids and some kids are more mature then adults, let me state: I don't care. The reason the legal adult line is drawn at 18 is because that's the generally accepted line of maturity. Are there exceptions? Of course. But a few exceptions aren't enough to make my dislike of youngsters go away.

 

I understand your point.

Here's the thing:if you don't like interacting with kids, fine,so do I. But how DO you know the people you're talking to are kids? Unless they tell you, you can never be sure. Just because someone talks like a kid doesn't mean they are kids and vice versa

 

EG: JVBGFR(srry for using u as an example bud) top poster of 2009. Many people talked to him for so long. He's very through in things and obviously aint acting like a kid. I just found out he's the same age as me. So if everyone under the age of 21 would be booted, so will he. We wouldve just lost a great guy contributing to out community

 

It's also fine if you hate youngsters, but bear in mind a few of us aint like that

smack!!! Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 70 of 132 (42 Views)
0 Likes