Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009
And anyway I think you're lowering the age thing too much. 21? That's pretty ridiculous. Let's try lowering it to 17. That's way more accurate in my opinion.
Fell deeds awake...
Now for wrath...
Now for ruin...
And a red dawn...
NOW RECRUITING FOR MAG
Message 51 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Home is what it is, you just gotta deal with it.

Message 52 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1524 posts

Dec 28, 2009

if it means they will make a new revenue stream

then they will probably consider it

why do people get so freaked out when people want a 21 and up area?

21 and up would mean

we get liquor ads, car ads, etc that are targeted toward our age groups

it would mean we can have middle finger type emotions

it would mean less censorship on the text chat

where does the sex issue come into it?

you ever notice its the people who dont want the 21 and up area

that automatically assume people want to have a 21 and up area

specifically for some sort of perverse sexual reasoning.

im thinking maybe its you non 21 and up people who are being a lil

pervvy

as for the kids:

thats cool u like hanging out and talking with adults

cool beans

but that doesnt neccessarily mean they like hanging out and talking with you

so now the inverse to your argument is they are forcing a buncha people to socialize

with other people all because minors are to young to get into the bar.

i dont think the anti 21+ people even have a basis for an argument

they just dont like it cuz it means someone is telling em they cant do something.

god forbid

peace

B

Bassmeant Productions Studios
Ann Arbor Michigan
Message 53 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Dec 28, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Credit Card verification would prevent false ages. What person under 18 has a credit card? Anyone who uses PSN cards (and has never used a credit card for PSN purchases) could tell you if a person is under 18. I have never spoke to an adult with a PS3 who uses PSN cards as a main source of purchases.

Well, you have met one now.  I am an adult with credit cards but I have only purchased items from Home using a PSN card.  I got a PSN card as a gift. I could produce a credit card if needed for age verification purposes.
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Neal Stephenson (Snow Crash 1992)
Message 54 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Dec 28, 2009
I totally support the idea of a 21+ set of servers. I would kill to play on servers with people who can spell at least a little. The immaturity factor is a bit iffy, as I tend to go off the deep end sometimes acting like a big ol' kid. However it would be nice to play with people who were immature like myself. On purpose, not literally underdeveloped. Reading through this topic, seeing most of the arguments against the idea really show the true face of youth on home. Socially inept, annoying, and just plain unwanted.
Message 55 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Dec 28, 2009
i am 21 and i use the PS Cards.

Get your Portable ID!

You gotta live every single day like its your last because what if tomorrow never comes
Message 56 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Dec 28, 2009

TIE ACCOUNTS TO CREDIT CARDS !!!

HEFTY FINES FOR BREAKING T.O.S. !!!

So annoying to see person after person come in here and say its impossible to verify ages WHEN ITS KNOT IMPOSSIBLE !! Could the parents let the child use their accouhnt to sign up, sure they could, but i guarantee you if they make the fines outrages, say $100 an infraction, knot only would sais kid no longer be in HOME, he'd no longer have a PS3 and get that beating we all wanted to give him.

It's that simple if they want to do it, tie it to credit cards, and knot these mamby pamby ones either, Visa, Master card, American Express, that have expiration dates.

It's hilarious people say so and so can lie about their age in a time when anyone can steal your identity in a blink of an eye, our life can be stolen yet no one can find out our real ages, really? WOW !!

Photobucket
Message 57 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Dec 28, 2009

DigitalDevilSaga wrote:

Its a shame this site has so many dedicated forum posters that immediately shoot down ideas for home that CAN BE RESOLVED. Any problem can be resolved. You just have to think of a solution, right? Surveys, statistics, consumer reports, the media, the internet, human logical thinking, geez people! I can go through this site and see so mkuch negativity it just so sad. Yea there are issues and problems,  the Playstation 3, Sony Corporation, your own personal life, whatever the problem there are always options to resolve the issue so everyone is somewhat happy. I do agree that THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO ALLOW MORE ADULT ORIENTED PLACES IN THE PLAYSTATION HOME WORLD. For example, look at this posting here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&message.id=812075#M812075

LETS SEE MORE OPTIMISIM AND RESOLVE FOR THE FUTURE OF THE PLAYSTATION GAMING SYSTEM!!!

I dont care about adult orientated places, i want the the immaturity level raised EXPONENTIALLY !!! Sorry but yes 9/10 times this immaturity comes from people who should be immature 15 and under or people who need to start growing up 16-21. Occaissionally the immaturity comes from ages above 21.

People wouldnt clammer for an adult HOME or age restrictions if people could just GROW UP !! I know 8 year olds w/ more people skills than many HOME teenagers have. God Damn PS3 has become the new baby sitter since the price drop, thanks SONY, SARCASM !!!!! 

Photobucket
Message 58 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Dec 28, 2009

areskins wrote:

BanhiDancer wrote:

GAMERASSASSIN124 wrote:
Theres no need for adults only spaces in playstation@home. Thats all I'm going to say because I'm not going to debate this topic again so don't bother replying to this post because I will not respond. I just wanted to post my stance on this issue one last time.

Too bad, I'm replying Smiley Tongue

HE WASN'T ASKING FOR AN ADULT ONLY SPACE.

Sheesh can't some of you folks read?

Why so much animosity because some of us would like the option to block under age kids?

From what I know EVERYONE ABOVE 13 can log into Home. If the devs really want an adults only game/social game/Home they should raise the ESRB rating to M

Sounds like a plan, lets work on this. 

Photobucket
Message 59 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Dec 28, 2009

ApriL83 wrote:

BanhiDancer wrote:

GAMERASSASSIN124 wrote:
Theres no need for adults only spaces in playstation@home. Thats all I'm going to say because I'm not going to debate this topic again so don't bother replying to this post because I will not respond. I just wanted to post my stance on this issue one last time.

Too bad, I'm replying Smiley Tongue

HE WASN'T ASKING FOR AN ADULT ONLY SPACE.

Sheesh can't some of you folks read?

Why so much animosity because some of us would like the option to block under age kids?

ok, if you block all users under 18, wouldn't that make it an adult only space? i think so.

Seriously the reading comprehension in this forum sometimes isworse than 5th grade, holy schnikeys !! Person said "Option to block ueres under 18" So how does a single person blocking another single person turn into everyone under 18 being blocked from a space ?? Reading comprehension !!! Learn it. i know ure just defending the subject cuz you fall in this category but READ THINK then TYPE. 

Photobucket
Message 60 of 132 (55 Views)
0 Likes