Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 28, 2009

NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!    Ugh, I can see an option on the PSN itself rather than Home if we could block those 18 and under, but then again, people lie about their age.  Not every adult in the world have good credit, so for those adults who are on Home and do not purchase stuff with a credit card, what about them?  Are they automatically black balled or what?

Photobucket
Message 31 of 132 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Amnalehu wrote:
I like the idea. I also like the idea of a kids only area in home.

like a daycare...lol

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 32 of 132 (74 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Dec 28, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Credit Card verification would prevent false ages. What person under 18 has a credit card? Anyone who uses PSN cards (and has never used a credit card for PSN purchases) could tell you if a person is under 18. I have never spoke to an adult with a PS3 who uses PSN cards as a main source of purchases.

although, you may not conside this speaking to each other, but I'm 30yr and I use a psn card for about 80% of my purchases from the game/video store and pshome content.

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 33 of 132 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 28, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Credit Card verification would prevent false ages. What person under 18 has a credit card? Anyone who uses PSN cards (and has never used a credit card for PSN purchases) could tell you if a person is under 18. I have never spoke to an adult with a PS3 who uses PSN cards as a main source of purchases.

Uhh.. I'm 16 and I have my own credit card so Credit Card Verification wouldn't prevent false ages. And yes, there are a ton of annoying kids out there, probably the majority, but there are some out there like me that arn't annoying.
Message 34 of 132 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Dec 28, 2009

There seems to be a WHOLE lot of threads that we could search and produce dozens of links of dozens of threads that already cover this. Although different, it's too similar a topic that seems to be recycled so many times on the forums, it's honestly  becoming a nuisance!

Just like I have said hundreds of times before, but without restating myself, I'll just say shortly: Segretation in Home will NOT be benificial AT ALL!!

Message Edited by Reverend_M on 12-27-2009 09:25 PM
"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 35 of 132 (74 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 28, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

As with myself there are many PS Home users who are over the age of 21. Since PS home is FULL of Teenagers and kids, I think it would be nice if adults were able to block out anyone under the age of 21 so we may socialize with people on our level. I for one am tired of teeny boppers attempting to talk to me when we have nothing in common.

Sony did at one point say that there where going to be adult only spots in Home.  Sorry to say but the only way I see this happing is if Sony charges us to visit a spot it's way to easy to fake you're age before loging onto Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 36 of 132 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 28, 2009

I don't really have much of a problem with people not around my age talking to me..

I think maybe more or better age demographic targeted hangouts could make things slighty easier

Message 37 of 132 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Dec 28, 2009

How dare you question my maturity? Age does not determine such things. Intelligence and wisdom are the building blocks of maturity.

Message Edited by Bonefreak11 on 20094627 09:46 PM
Fell deeds awake...
Now for wrath...
Now for ruin...
And a red dawn...
NOW RECRUITING FOR MAG
Message 38 of 132 (74 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Dec 28, 2009
Just go to the places with an M rating. The only way the kids will get in is if they lied about their age on their PSN account.
Message 39 of 132 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Dec 28, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Hmm? What if someone over the age of 18 doesn't like credit cards? What if they would much prefer using PSN cards? I am one of those people, I despise credit cards. I'm a guy who likes straight up cash.  

Message 40 of 132 (74 Views)