Fender Bender
3358 posts

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 27, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Credit Card verification would prevent false ages. What person under 18 has a credit card? Anyone who uses PSN cards (and has never used a credit card for PSN purchases) could tell you if a person is under 18. I have never spoke to an adult with a PS3 who uses PSN cards as a main source of purchases.

all thou that seems like a good idea kids can get ahold of credit cards if they want to and most parants set up pre paid credit cards for there kids so they can have it for online items on the ps3.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 11 of 132 (65 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Dec 28, 2009
the only way this would work is to have a major credit card for proof of age.
Message 12 of 132 (65 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28236 posts

Dec 28, 2009

I wonder how many kids have access to their parents credit cards after the parents have gone to sleep? How many kids pretend they are older when registering? And how many adults pretend to be kids?

Segregation is a bad thing. It is better if we all took the time to look after each other rather than hiding the kids away from the adults (and the other way around).

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 13 of 132 (65 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Its a shame this site has so many dedicated forum posters that immediately shoot down ideas for home that CAN BE RESOLVED. Any problem can be resolved. You just have to think of a solution, right? Surveys, statistics, consumer reports, the media, the internet, human logical thinking, geez people! I can go through this site and see so mkuch negativity it just so sad. Yea there are issues and problems,  the Playstation 3, Sony Corporation, your own personal life, whatever the problem there are always options to resolve the issue so everyone is somewhat happy. I do agree that THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO ALLOW MORE ADULT ORIENTED PLACES IN THE PLAYSTATION HOME WORLD. For example, look at this posting here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&message.id=812075#M812075

LETS SEE MORE OPTIMISIM AND RESOLVE FOR THE FUTURE OF THE PLAYSTATION GAMING SYSTEM!!!

Message 14 of 132 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
931 posts

Dec 28, 2009

It sounds like the OP was just asking for a way to "block" those who are under age. This isn't segregation or banning anyone from any areas, only a personal choice of the individuals to steer clear of under age children. I think this could be a great idea. I wouldn't mind a way to keep the under age ones from pestering me (and boy can they pester sometimes)... My oldest son is nearly 13, so having 13ish year olds "hit on" me is creepy to say the least.

I don't see how something like this could work, but if there was a way I'd like to see it.

Message 15 of 132 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 28, 2009
I am a big supporter of an adults only space.  As mentioned before, credit cards are probably the best way to verify age.  Yes, kids can use their parents' credit cards, but how often will that happen?  The ones who do will have to be sneaky about it, and most won't bother with it.  You can never do things 100% on the internet, but at least it should mostly work.  Hopefully.
Message 16 of 132 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1308 posts

Dec 28, 2009
ummm some adults are just as immature as the 13 year olds. no point in adult only spaces IMO
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 132 (65 Views)
Fender Bender
3090 posts

Dec 28, 2009
Above 21 only? Well Jim777 and will be the corner far away from these so called adults. This has been brought up already. This a bad idea for some reasons. Like everyone else said you can easily make false birth date to go to that space and dividing the community is very bad idea for a social game or whatever you call Home as. Try to accept those who are younger to you and they disturb you, that's why we have report and block function
Photobucket
Message 18 of 132 (65 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Dec 28, 2009
Theres no need for adults only spaces in playstation@home. Thats all I'm going to say because I'm not going to debate this topic again so don't bother replying to this post because I will not respond. I just wanted to post my stance on this issue one last time.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 132 (65 Views)
I Only Post Everything
931 posts

Dec 28, 2009

GAMERASSASSIN124 wrote:
Theres no need for adults only spaces in playstation@home. Thats all I'm going to say because I'm not going to debate this topic again so don't bother replying to this post because I will not respond. I just wanted to post my stance on this issue one last time.

Too bad, I'm replying Smiley Tongue

HE WASN'T ASKING FOR AN ADULT ONLY SPACE.

Sheesh can't some of you folks read?

Why so much animosity because some of us would like the option to block under age kids?

Message 20 of 132 (65 Views)
0 Likes