Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: Adults Only option for PS Home

Dec 30, 2009

Reverend_M wrote:

Bonefreak11 wrote:
Alright we get it everyone. It's not a bad idea but it's segregational, too hard to determine accuracy, and there are too many problems that can arise. Merde we've been saying the same thing for several pages now. Does anybody have anything fresh to add to this?

Pardon your french, right?

Oh right. Pardon my Eye-tie. Robot Very Happy
Fell deeds awake...
Now for wrath...
Now for ruin...
And a red dawn...
NOW RECRUITING FOR MAG
Message 121 of 132 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Dec 31, 2009

Shadyknot wrote:

Psycle_ShifT wrote:
Sounds good in theory, but any one can lie about age when setting an account or just screw up like i did. So all in all this will never fool proof.

Obviously you didnt read the entire thread, dont worry you're knot alone though, there are plenty of ways to make this happen if they wanted but yet yall juss wanna keep referring back to signing up your PS3. Get that out of ure thick heads for one second and look outside the freakin box. Holy Crap.

Pretty Thick Headed

There are plenty of ways to cheat credit card age verification.  The only sure way is the one I suggested using the eyetoy and that's pushing it as far as realistic solutions go.

And OMG I lol'd so hard at the person suggesting I give Sony my SSN.

ThePaleOne wrote:  4) Offers nothing but a place to swear and generally act in a lewd manner.
I think you finally understand why people want it.
Net neutrality is a lie. Stop acting like an idiot when you're online.
Message 122 of 132 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Dec 31, 2009
Why would adults petition for an adult only area on a game? This baffles me. If you don't like it; don't play. There are plenty of other places for you to go socialize with adults only, such as a bar or an adult oriented website.   This reminds me of a joke about a drunk looking for the bar in a Chuckie Cheese's.
Message 123 of 132 (137 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Dec 31, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Credit Card verification would prevent false ages. What person under 18 has a credit card? Anyone who uses PSN cards (and has never used a credit card for PSN purchases) could tell you if a person is under 18. I have never spoke to an adult with a PS3 who uses PSN cards as a main source of purchases.

Hi, how are you? Smiley Very Happy (Now you have.)

There are both up and down sides to the adults only idea, but for some reason I can only find the down sides. Honestly, I think it would be a total waste. Kids can find a way around anything and you all should know this, considering we all used to be one at one time. If the kid has careless parents, they'll get a hold of a credit card with no problem. There are parents who will just hand over their credit card to their kid. Then there's the kids who will be sneaky and just take their parents credit card. So really, it isn't a fool proof way of keeping the young crowd out.

Also, I really, really doubt that an adults only area would cut down on the harassment. I have met some teenagers who are more mature than some adults are. I also wouldn't put the full blame on the teenagers, as far as harassment goes. Online, people can be any age they want and be any kind of person they want. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some adults who like to harass people on Home, while claiming they are teenagers. Both age groups seem to have their bad apples, none of the good ones should be punished for what the bad ones do.

If you want more mature content, then watch a movie, or check out what's on regular TV these days, or play an M rated game, or browse the internet. There's plenty of other ways to get mature content, I just don't believe Home needs to be one of the next ways to get mature content.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 124 of 132 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Dec 31, 2009

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

What person under 18 has a credit card? 

Me.

Message 125 of 132 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Dec 31, 2009

I would like to see some theme areas created so that members have a better chance of meeting people thier own age. Like areas from the fifties, sixties, seventies, etc. Maybe have a big area like the the sports complex and instead of areas to race in, etc, they could be theme areas, fixed up like the decade. Sony could sell retro clothes for the time too. I don't think anyone should be blocked. I think it would be pretty cool for anyone who grew up in say the eighties to visit the seventies, see what it was like then. The look, the music.

Message Edited by LaFawn on 12-31-2009 09:58 AM
Old friends make the worst enemies.
Message 126 of 132 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
631 posts

Dec 31, 2009
some adults might make their age less then 18 so they can be with kids
Message 127 of 132 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2013
Im 27 and I use psn cards its a lot better and safer than credit cards... so please just because you talked to a few people over 21 dont assume everyone over 21 has a credit card
Message 128 of 132 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Aren't there a thing called parental control? You know that parental control work on home right? If you set it to 5 it will block every mature & Adult only content on home so why not give it a try I mean if you set the parental level to 9 it will let you access adult content & mature content  if you set it to level 4 it will have a message saying you are not old enough to access home pretty neat huh?

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 129 of 132 (122 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28402 posts

Nov 22, 2013

This "discussion" has been inactive for almost four years. There's a new discussion on this topic in age arrangement.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 130 of 132 (98 Views)
0 Likes