Jul 08 2013
By: ladybug17 I Only Post Everything 735 posts

Acorns are not Proportionate to XP Earnings!!!

5 replies 449 views Edited Jul 8, 2013

At the Acorn Park, I do races everytime I visit trying to earn free acorn to buy bikes, rent picnics, etc. Today I levelled up to 31 then realized I need 1500 xp to level up now. I think level 25-30 was 1000 which was ridiculous enough since it took like two weeks to get 25 measly acorns!!! When I first started this I assumed once I got higher levels that I would get MORE ACORNS to match, making it worth all the extra races! Like, I have no problem with 1000 xp if I get 50 acorns for doing so. One would assume if you need 1500 xp, then you would recieve 75 acorns, and so on.

I know they are trying to get you to spend money to buy acorns if you feel it is a waste of time, lol. But come on, you start out thinking it'll get more worth it later with more acorns... only to be punished for your efforts, lol.

I can't bother with this anymore unless I am suuuuuuuper bored and no one is on, but then I'd just go play a game or do other stuff anyways.  At this rate, you run around for two weeks to barely afford to rent one picnic, and not even the large picnic at that. I haven't even tried cotton candy or pretzels simply because I know if I spend my acorns on that, I'll have nothing left! Sorry to complain, BUT PLEASE FIX THIS. Make it worth the efforts with larger acorn amounts that are proportionate to the xp earnings!

Message 1 of 6 (449 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Acorns are not Proportionate to XP Earnings!!!

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

It is hard to get them once you reach a certain level.

I've also noticed since I've recently started running races again that the frequency of races seems to be a lot less. I'm a level 37 on my Joanna account and a level 31 on an alternate. I do want an RC plane. I haven't been doing any of the other stuff given I don't want to waste my acorns.

And yeah it can get expensive there if you want to do stuff. 

Message 2 of 6 (433 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Overall, this would be my only complaint about Acorn Meadows Park. The XP take a lot longer to earn at this level, but shouldn't be worth 25 acorns. They should fix the acorn / XP earning ratio, but they probably won't, because they want us spend money for their acorns. I pretty much gave up at Level 36 (I think). I did the same for Aurora. I stopped at Level 69 making it there unassisted. The prizes aren't just worth my time and definitely not worth my money.
Antonio Xul
Message 3 of 6 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Maybe  someone should petition the developer to make the park a little easier to earn xp. I can buy acorns myself, and do on occasion, but there are some people who just can't for many reasons.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 4 of 6 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

:^/ I completed the Aurora stuff by buying the permanent upgrades that double as Home ornaments/clothing, but not the expendable stuff that runs out and needs to be purchased again. That's a trade-off that's acceptable to me.

For Acorn Park, it's much the same. I haven't purchased the acorns to buy disposable stuff like the food items, but may consider doing so for the permanent stuff such as the bicycle LMO, dog companions, etc.

As for the XP:Acorn ratio changing as you progress, that makes sense. Businesss often begin with a loss-leader model to get customers in the door, with the plan to change to a for-profit model later, once the customer has developed a taste for the company's wares. Folks who want everything for free need to realize that a business cannot keep the loss leader model forever, or they'll go bankrupt once their startup capital runs out. Instead, they need to eventaully switch to an arrangement that has you spending more money than they do.

Of course, the existing rate at which the ratios change could stand a little tweaking, but don't expect to earn every reward for free. That's really asking too much of VeeMee.

Message 5 of 6 (274 Views)
Sackboy
494 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Its not hard if you spend countless hours day after day there... without getting the M-10 bomb

Message 6 of 6 (258 Views)
0 Likes