Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park Update

May 16, 2013

I finished photo races w/out the boats working. Only problem is there's photo races where the boat has to be occupied, then it won't let me finish the challenge. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 204 (495 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 16, 2013

Maybe it's just this server, but one of the swan acorn booths, doesn't seem to be functioning at all.

However, one out of the two is.

Also, can we please see an improvement on steering the swan paddle boats?

I find it somewhat difficult to even do a race challenge, because of the awful steering.

Message 42 of 204 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 16, 2013

TC915 wrote:

I finished photo races w/out the boats working. Only problem is there's photo races where the boat has to be occupied, then it won't let me finish the challenge. 

Since most of the leveling and challenges have been locked for me, before I was able to try them, can I ask a noobish question without being crushed? How do you trigger these "photo races"?

Message 43 of 204 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 16, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

TC915 wrote:

Since most of the leveling and challenges have been locked for me, before I was able to try them, can I ask a noobish question without being crushed? How do you trigger these "photo races"?

It's nothing you do, it's just random I believe. Tho you may need to reacha certain level before they appear. Thats a good question for VeeMee tho.

Message 44 of 204 (465 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

TC915 wrote:

I think these races are triggered at random as well. However, when I talked to other folk, it seems that they're higher in level than me (which I have been stuck at perpetual Level 1 for about a week) and have gotten these and the water races to work as well. Hope this help! Smiley Happy

EDIT: OK - I can definely confirm, Julian, that photo and water races are triggered when you are a higher level. I logged on this evening briefly to see if I leveled up - indeed I did (Level 9 - Groundkeeper), then immediately got a photo race. I had not stayed on long enough to see if I would get a water race or a LMO race.

Message 45 of 204 (452 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 16, 2013
Having a problem buying a bike, the bike vendor doesn't seem to be working, Smiley Sad
Message 46 of 204 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 16, 2013

I've done all the challenges so far except 3, the Walk all Dogs, Spend 10k acorns & Last seat train rider. Here's a couple questions I have. Do you need to walk all the VeeMee dogs, including Binx / Wolf Hound or just the 1s you can purchase at the Park? Also I counted 23 tasks w/ ??? , has anyone opened those up yet & if so what's the criteria for opening them? If it's spending 10k acorns, lol oh well guess those will have to wait, because I refuse to spend $80+ on a tree item reward or to unlock the remaining challenges.

Message 47 of 204 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

TC915 wrote:

I've done all the challenges so far except 3, the Walk all Dogs, Spend 10k acorns & Last seat train rider. Here's a couple questions I have. Do you need to walk all the VeeMee dogs, including Binx / Wolf Hound or just the 1s you can purchase at the Park? Also I counted 23 tasks w/ ??? , has anyone opened those up yet & if so what's the criteria for opening them? If it's spending 10k acorns, lol oh well guess those will have to wait, because I refuse to spend $80+ on a tree item reward or to unlock the remaining challenges.

Hey TC, You need to purchase all 3 colors of Binx, the Wolfhound PLUS all of the ones you can buy in the park.  It seems a lot of the last ??? are for buying each type of Acorn pack so yeah the 10k is one Smiley Mad

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 48 of 204 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 16, 2013

Thanks bro, man I was hoping that wasn't the case. Guess if I want to "platinum" the Park money must be spent lol, maybe after a few weeks VeeMee will drop those prices, I know the space is great & they must make money for their efforts but just seems a little pricey too me. Oh well I've spent enough time & energy since it debuted that if I didn't get 100% completion it would erk me too much lol. 

BTW: Thanks Best, I enjoyed talking w/ you & the ladies this afternoon!!

Message 49 of 204 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 17, 2013

Hay has anyone else spent a certain amount of time in the park an all of a suddorn the boats the trains and the shops start to work but then after like 5 mins of them working they brake or even freeze

Message 50 of 204 (257 Views)
0 Likes