VEEMEE Developer
2 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park Update

May 24, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

Has anyone else not been receiving photo tasks? I am in Acorm Meadows many hours a day trying to level up but since the last update I have not received a single photo task. Maybe they disabled them due to the boat bugs, but if so why didn't they disable water races as well? It all makes no sense to me.

I noticed the missing maps as well. I kept going to places where they used to be to check my challenges and level only to discover them missing. I don't think removing the maps helped much, though for the first time since release I found working bikes today and finally bought mine.

Hi,

It's true I'm afraid. We've had to remove the maps and the picture tasks temporarily.

With the most recent publish on Wednesday we added some code to diagnose crashes and it quickly uncovered two issues we've never seen in testing before. One related to the photo taking tasks and the other to the teleport functionality. Both these problems will cause crashes that can disable the boats, bikes and trains.

We are working on a fix that we hope to be able to publish in a future maintanence window but for now by switching off the teleporting and photo taking (something we can do without a new publish) we expect the scenes and the boats, bikes and trains in particular to be much more stable.

To be clear this is a workaround and once the fix for this problem is live the notice boards and picture taking will come back.

As ever if you come across any problems at all whilst in the park don't hesitate to contact support@veemee.com and we'll look into it for you.

Thanks

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Message 111 of 204 (382 Views)
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

May 24, 2013
Thanks for the update! It's very much appreciated. Smiley Happy
Message 112 of 204 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Thanks VeeMee, for the notice of the issue.

It'll be good to see everything working, when the issues are lined out.

I really do enjoy the space, but I have a suggestion..if you'll hear me out.

I've seen some users, keep themselves idle in wardrobe for hours on end at the space, to rack up XP.

Now, normally I wouldn't complain about this. But, I somehow feel that the XP should be altered. If you're not doing anything active, like moving around, or completing task, you gain no XP.

It's really silly to just idle yourself there for hours on end, to rack up XP, without actually attempting task and such.

So if you could find a way to alter, that would be nice.

Message 113 of 204 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 24, 2013

PLEASE HELP ME . my question is : is there any free item when u reach a certain level like 40 level , 50 level ect.... starting 2 look like

another waste of time once u get all the free stuff.

Message 114 of 204 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

carjackhydro wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME . my question is : is there any free item when u reach a certain level like 40 level , 50 level ect.... starting 2 look like

another waste of time once u get all the free stuff.

It's a social spot. Talking with friends isn't a waste of time. It's not all about rewards. And there is info about rewards in this thread.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Spoilers-Acorn-Meadows-Park-Challenges-amp-R...

Message 115 of 204 (347 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 24, 2013

veemee_bruce wrote:

MistressLiliana wrote:

Has anyone else not been receiving photo tasks? I am in Acorm Meadows many hours a day trying to level up but since the last update I have not received a single photo task. Maybe they disabled them due to the boat bugs, but if so why didn't they disable water races as well? It all makes no sense to me.

I noticed the missing maps as well. I kept going to places where they used to be to check my challenges and level only to discover them missing. I don't think removing the maps helped much, though for the first time since release I found working bikes today and finally bought mine.

Hi,

It's true I'm afraid. We've had to remove the maps and the picture tasks temporarily.

With the most recent publish on Wednesday we added some code to diagnose crashes and it quickly uncovered two issues we've never seen in testing before. One related to the photo taking tasks and the other to the teleport functionality. Both these problems will cause crashes that can disable the boats, bikes and trains.

We are working on a fix that we hope to be able to publish in a future maintanence window but for now by switching off the teleporting and photo taking (something we can do without a new publish) we expect the scenes and the boats, bikes and trains in particular to be much more stable.

To be clear this is a workaround and once the fix for this problem is live the notice boards and picture taking will come back.

As ever if you come across any problems at all whilst in the park don't hesitate to contact support@veemee.com and we'll look into it for you.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the information. Unfortunately, it hasn't seemed to do all that much for the stability of the boats, bikes, and trains. Admittedly for the first time since launch I have been in the park a few times with them working, but it never lasts long and a good majority of the time they still are not up and running. I hope you can use your new diagnosis tool to find out the problems that remain in order to get them working soon, it is a great space and I would hate for bugs to kill it.

Message 116 of 204 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

May 24, 2013

I would like to say without sarcasm on the XP gain while not doing an activity.  The park is meant for enjoyment at your pace, NOT by how much money you have in your wallet.  I WILL NOT pay money for 5,000 acorn only to not be able to do the activities when they are not  working.  I think it's fair for everyone to obtain XP in it's current state.  I will not spend REAL money for a few rewards.  Smiley Sad  Also I would like to see acorns appear randomly around the space and give a decent amount like 10 for every one you find.

Message 117 of 204 (285 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 24, 2013

Lizardwrestler99 wrote:

I would like to say without sarcasm on the XP gain while not doing an activity.  The park is meant for enjoyment at your pace, NOT by how much money you have in your wallet.  I WILL NOT pay money for 5,000 acorn only to not be able to do the activities when they are not  working.  I think it's fair for everyone to obtain XP in it's current state.  I will not spend REAL money for a few rewards.  Smiley Sad  Also I would like to see acorns appear randomly around the space and give a decent amount like 10 for every one you find.

Oooh! This is a very good idea. It would give me another reason to run around like a maniac other than racing and shooting people with my plasma gun. Please take this into consideration, VeeMee.

Antonio Xul
Message 118 of 204 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6530 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

Lizardwrestler99 wrote:

You get acorns when you complete challenges. Sure it's not a lot of acorns but they do add up. Maybe getting bonus acorns for completing challenges before a certain time frame or something along those lines. I don't see VEEMEE just giving you free random acorns you find laying around it would kind of defeat the purpose of them charging for them. Your idea would be nice though.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 119 of 204 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 27, 2013

well i for 1 am tired of the transporting CONSTENTLY breaking down .. and it is not just ACORN MEADOWS ... i was TRYING to play another VEEMEE game TOTAL RECALL ... tried several times for 3 days and it kept glitching out ... common theme is .. VEEMEE seem to lack any care about product quality .. after all .. if VEEMEE was actually working on fixes .. would they have come out with all this recent stuff to buy ?? after all when i called VEEMEE support they said they had EVERYONE possible working on fixes .. they just small company .. and yet they they continue to come out with new stuff to buy and no fixes. VEEMEE try showing a little customer service and replace the 95 acorn i have lost trying to complete the transport tycoon challenge but continue to fail at because VEEMEE fail at keeping their product quality even low standards .. go ahead .. tell me it is beta ... offer your exscuses for failure .. plain and simply put .. i visited 3 VEEMEE games before i wrote this .. ALL were glitching out in 1 way or.

Message 120 of 204 (165 Views)
0 Likes