Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park Update

May 20, 2013

Mel_1623 wrote:

Last night while visiting the park I was lucky to have everything working. I started a boat ride and had someone join me and as soon as they joined I was kicked but my friend was stuck in the water in the boat. We started PM'ing and he said same thing happened to him but it was me who was stuck in the boat...strange. I sent an e-mail to veemee support because I lost out on acorns more than one occassion from the same thing happening so I hope to hear from them soon.

Really love the place but it has also been freezing my system up the last two times I've visited the space. Hope it gets resolved by this or next update Smiley Frustrated

That seems to be the issue of the bikes/boats/park itself breaking whilst you're currently using one of the activities. I've had it frequently and the only way i've been able to mend it is to leave and come back. You will be running around on your screen but everyone else will still see you wherever you were when the games crashed, and your text bubbles will appear there as well. Smiley Frustrated

Message 91 of 204 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
306 posts

May 21, 2013
great job fixin the level up. so happy to have finally gotten to the level i shouldve been awhile ago ^_^.

beaides fixing the bikes/boats/trains crashing the only other thing this space needs is a concert area. theres plenty of open areas where nothing goes on where a concert area with some good music could be placed for some more enertainment. if this can be done i will never need to goto another space ever again. quite frankly this is one of the best public spaces i have ever seen in my home days since central plaza Smiley Very Happy
Message 92 of 204 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

May 21, 2013

It probably isn't possible to do that until other features in the Home patch go live.  (portable items with gameplay features)  Maybe then it could be made to work that way.  I noticed during some races there is a pic of what kind of race it is.  One shows person running, other shows a bike.  is there a difference?  I been using LMO's with speed boost for those races.  Races that involve the boats appear from time to time, but with the boats acting up or people ramming you out of the way or blocking your path, it isn't fun.  Plus controls need reworked.  Using 2 analog sticks to move around and control camera is annoying.  The R2 and L2 have no current Home functions atm.  Couldn't they be used for forward and reverse?  Using left stick to go forward AND steer takes too much work and my hands cramp after a few minutes, plus my boat spins around in circles.  I thought the boats were meant for relaxing.  And WHY do I see motorcycles on top of train and people standing up?  Plus people rail walking and running in the pond.  (sound familiar?)  (New CP replacement)

Message 93 of 204 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 21, 2013

Lizardwrestler99 wrote:

It probably isn't possible to do that until other features in the Home patch go live.  (portable items with gameplay features)  Maybe then it could be made to work that way.  I noticed during some races there is a pic of what kind of race it is.  One shows person running, other shows a bike.  is there a difference?

The ones with a person running are able to be completed without using a LMO, the bike ones you need to use a LMO or you can't get between markers before the time runs down.

Message 94 of 204 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
73 posts

May 22, 2013
Funny having bicycle riders push me around in the park -it is annoying but the recent hard core freezers are NOT - I was totally knocked out of the park b a really terrible freezers ! This is a wonderful place to picnic and have meetings with friends If Sony or someone does not stop this it will totally make people stop coming to the park! Maybe it can be available as a club house . The developer worked hard I suppose to make this a wonderful place for this freezing nonsense . Shelley
Message 95 of 204 (484 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 22, 2013

I'm starting to lose intrest in Acorn Park, because it's still broke in several ways, why can't they fix the boat and trains?

Message 96 of 204 (479 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

May 22, 2013

OK, I can def. say the rides are working ... intermittently. Right before Sony maint started, I hopped into an instance that, to my surprised, had everything working. I was able to ride on a tandum bike and a swan boat. A happy surprise right before I sleep. YEA! Smiley Very Happy

Message 97 of 204 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 22, 2013

G8tertom wrote: Funny having bicycle riders push me around in the park -it is annoying but the recent hard core freezers are NOT - I was totally knocked out of the park b a really terrible freezers ! This is a wonderful place to picnic and have meetings with friends If Sony or someone does not stop this it will totally make people stop coming to the park! Maybe it can be available as a club house . The developer worked hard I suppose to make this a wonderful place for this freezing nonsense . Shelley

After all the years I've been here, I've never been froze before until this weekend and it was at Acorn Park. It happened twice. I think moderators or whoever is in charge of booting troublemakers, should "physically" be present at Acorn Park and get rid of these pests.

goddessbunny42 wrote:

OK, I can def. say the rides are working ... intermittently. Right before Sony maint started, I hopped into an instance that, to my surprised, had everything working. I was able to ride on a tandum bike and a swan boat. A happy surprise right before I sleep. YEA! Smiley Very Happy

I also had an instance where everything was working, but there was only me & 2 other users there. After a while, they left and I had the park all to myself. It was rather lonely as I was there for quite some time doing races until an M10 error hit me and booted me off completely. I logged back on to a crowded park with nothing working.

Antonio Xul
Message 98 of 204 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 22, 2013

YES I 100% AGREE!!!!! This is becoming a huge issue with your park.  I love this park I go there everyday and my friends love it too.  Its now one of my favorite things about visiting home, HOWEVER, If this collision stuff keeps going on I am going to stop going there.  Everytime i go there now you cant enjoy yourself with your friends or just hang out and talk without some jerk or groups of jerks on bikes knocking you back and pushing you for great distances and you are helpless but to endure the ride until you get free.  I have had my races interrupted and lost races because of jerks doing this to me.  Just the other day I had one guy repeatedly harrass me standing on the bridge with my friends over and over again.  Not only was this jerk doing it but there were at least ten other guys there doing it with him.  The number of people who think its funny to do this is increasing and Its making your space a not so fun space to visit anymore.  Please make it so that they can only collide with other bikers and not with people who are not in the bike rental game please and thank you. I shouldnt have to submit reports every five seconds because people are doing this.  I should be able to enjoy my time there as much as anyone else free of harrassment talking with my friends and not have our entire group push apart and disrupted every two minutes. That is the only complaint I have with this space.

Message 99 of 204 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 22, 2013
I dont think so... I can tell the difference between and accidental collision and purposeful someone who accidentally collides with you trys to move to the left or right to shake you loose off of their bike .... someone who is purposely trying to do so smashes right into you and keeps you on for the ride as long as they can. we me and my friends were on the bridge we were far to one side on the railing the whole rest of the bridge was clear and open and these jerks came around and purposely steered their bike to go along the rail and nail us. this is not some accidental steering issue. Ive ridden the bikes and use they are hard to steer but if you hit someone its not that hard to momentarily pause and shake them loose and steer another direction. So please do not treat us like we are ignorant children who do not know when they are being harrassed.
Message 100 of 204 (377 Views)
0 Likes