Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park Update

May 19, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

Alan, I love just hanging out at your park. It's a great place. I hope you continue to develop it and stage events there. Celebrate the holidays or just show off your new content. Or do whatever. But keep adding and changing and using your wonderful park.

But could you please turn off the collision detection. Some people on bikes like to ram through groups of people. And knock us back and away from the group. Sometimes 20-30 feet. REPEATEDLY.

If I'm just talking with friends, I don't want to be shoved around by some jerk who is getting his jollies from harrassing others....

^ That, times infinity. Please remove the collision or make a bike-free zone where we can hang out without having to bring our dogs...preferably a flat, grassy area where the grass doesn't eat my picnic blanket LMO!

This + having to wait for trains during races is not cool, I bet I'm not the only one that lost a race because of the bike rentals or trains, it's bad enough trying to pan the camera sometimes.

Message 81 of 204 (468 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

May 20, 2013

When we do the race tasks, maybe the park could make us invisible to others, as in Orb Runner, so that others won't be bothered if we run into them. Also, maybe the train could be made invisible to us, so that it won't block our path.

Now that I have enough acorns to buy my fourth bicycle, I want the bike shop to work. It's very frustrating. Because we have acorns we cannot spend, why would people buy more? I want VeeMee to fix the stores so people can spend their acorns.

Message 82 of 204 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 20, 2013

Tang_Ang wrote:

When we do the race tasks, maybe the park could make us invisible to others, as in Orb Runner, so that others won't be bothered if we run into them. Also, maybe the train could be made invisible to us, so that it won't block our path.

Now that I have enough acorns to buy my fourth bicycle, I want the bike shop to work. It's very frustrating. Because we have acorns we cannot spend, why would people buy more? I want VeeMee to fix the stores so people can spend their acorns.

Me too. I just earned another 215 acorns and was trying to buy another bike yesterday. I resetted it many times, but couldn't find an instant that had anything working. I want my BMX bike, dammit!

Antonio Xul
Message 83 of 204 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

May 20, 2013
I think if one instance is broken, they all are.
Message 84 of 204 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

The trains weren't working earlier, nor the night before.

Assuming they're broke again.

Message 85 of 204 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

I don't believe that's the case. I've been at 1 instance of the Park w/ a friend in another, we were pm'n & the Park they were in had working boats & bikes but in mine only the food vendors were working.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 86 of 204 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

May 20, 2013

TC915 wrote:

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

I don't believe that's the case. I've been at 1 instance of the Park w/ a friend in another, we were pm'n & the Park they were in had working boats & bikes but in mine only the food vendors were working.

TC, I believe you're right... instances were hit or miss (and most times, it was a miss for me). I also had friend tell me in their instances, they had boats and bike rentals and people riding trains, but all I had were just the food and dog vendors working. I actually spent about an hour AMP-instance hopping, and got a slim chance that everything would work. Smiley Frustrated

Message 87 of 204 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

May 20, 2013

So if I buy a bike for 200 acorns it's mine to use any time like the dogs.  I wish I could earn the bike as reward the same way as the dogs.  Any chance to make the bike a portbale item to be used elsewhere in Home?  The 2 seater would be great.  Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 204 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

May 20, 2013
The bikes are useable anywhere just like the dogs are, but some of the bikes aren't available to own. Also note that the ability to have a passenger on your bike is also unavailable while using the LMO version of the bikes.
Message 89 of 204 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

May 20, 2013

Last night while visiting the park I was lucky to have everything working. I started a boat ride and had someone join me and as soon as they joined I was kicked but my friend was stuck in the water in the boat. We started PM'ing and he said same thing happened to him but it was me who was stuck in the boat...strange. I sent an e-mail to veemee support because I lost out on acorns more than one occassion from the same thing happening so I hope to hear from them soon.

Really love the place but it has also been freezing my system up the last two times I've visited the space. Hope it gets resolved by this or next update Smiley Frustrated

Message 90 of 204 (335 Views)
0 Likes