Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Re: Abbey Hill Cottage & Garden Party

Nov 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

king_of_games30 wrote:
You can go from public to private but not from private to public and I haven't seen any indications of more rewards by doing activities most of the stuff looks either it's for sale or rewards from owning the private space

OK, so the lock icon in the public space is just a portal to your personal space and is not like the Prairie public space where it is a gate to access the rest of the public space?

@Ledis15 

Thanks for sharing.  Do you have to do anything to get them, or did they automatically appear when you entered your space?  Also, can you post the names so I can add them to the OP for future reference?

The rewards just appear in the space. You'll have to look for the gold rotating rings around the space.

For the wall hanging reward, the name would be " Abbey Hill Cottage Painting - Home Sweet Home"

The name of the chair reward: " Abbey Hill Cottage Dining Chair"

Message 11 of 60 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I'm not impressed. Who really makes a space with barely anything there for you to just buy a space? It's useless! I don't even watch the videos at spaces!

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 12 of 60 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Nov 13, 2013
Not at this time will it change hopefully the first reward is a painting you get by walking the long path and the chair you get by walking in the house
Message 13 of 60 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1041 posts

Nov 14, 2013

I bought the bundle. The area outside the cottage is larger than I thought but I think the ceiling inside the cottage is a bit too low.

Message 14 of 60 (660 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Wow, I am surprised at all of the negative comments so far. I bought the space after seeing a friend's, and I think it is gorgeous.

It's full of real rooms, many of varying sizes, and all with proper doorways. The space comes with the chair, the painting, and from my friend's space, I saw it also offers a china cabinet and a bathtub. I sure hope there are kitchen items to match the era, and I would be thrilled to see a "sink" to match the era... a pitcher and washbasin would be ideal!

This could make a terrific fairy-tale cottage.

It has multiple spawn spaces, including into the expansive garden and woods out back. Some of the ceilings are low, but I think overall they are very workable. You could likely wrangle tall furniture items in.

The garden itself is breathtaking. If NA gets some of the garden furnishings which appear to be on offer from O-Two in EU today, it will be a real spectacle.

I am gearing up to do some design justice to this incredible country cottage, and I can't wait to see how people from the deco clubs handle it. I think I will have to lay low for a bit until I can get this incredible apartment up to snuff!

Message 15 of 60 (629 Views)
Sackboy
297 posts

Nov 14, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

At the very least, could the devs post a video that shows what the inside of the space looks like? I'm halfway thinking of buying this, but I'm less interested in riding horses around outside than I am in what the interior looks like. Not enough in the video/no open house=no sale.

I'm also wondering if this is related to the Winter Cottage they're planning for Christmas. If so, I'm definitely waiting. Don't need two versions of same space.

I'd definitely have to buy it if they made a Winter version, even more so if it was snowing.

Message 16 of 60 (620 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Nov 14, 2013

I was thinking about getting the space.. I know the bundle is a good deal.. but only if you are going to use those things.. is there a stable for the horses.. or are they just for show? are there any mini games? are you getting reqards everyday? thank you for posting pictures of the place.. it is very pretty

Message 17 of 60 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Tang_Ang Tortured_Agreeably:

:^/ Dang, Tang; you're making me hungry....
Message 18 of 60 (584 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Just got 2nd day rewards

Abbey Hill Cottage Oak Dresser

Abbey Hill Cottage Porcelain Bath

Message 19 of 60 (570 Views)
Fender Bender
2681 posts

Nov 14, 2013

For those who like cottages and flower gardens this is in my opinion the space for you.

The flower garden is beautiful and the outside space is larger than I first thought with an area also for a campfire.

The cottage is large enough to do things with with a few rooms downstairs and smaller rooms upstairs with some lovely stairs. They're small enough to be bedrooms only for the most part. Toss in a bed and some dressers and that's all you need. But let imagination be your guide. So far I haven't done a thing with it except put the reward chair into the fireplace with no fire. The other fireplaces have fires.

Again, to me anyway, the key is if you like flowers gardens and small cottages with some nice old time rustic rooms, this is a baurtiful place.

The public space doesn't at all do Abbey Hill justice.

There a road outside not accessible that in my minds eye has me wondering if it's Abbey Road and perhaps down the road a bit I might find some of the Beatles? Nah. Probably not.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 20 of 60 (546 Views)